The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Australia explained.

Started by Bricktop, January 04, 2019, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Same here.

But by far and away the worst country to exploit parking fees is the UK. You could visit a small remote village in Scotland,and if you parked in a shopping car park or railway station car park you pay.

This is why I am appalled because the councillor who got on TV explaining why they're charging was a bloody pom...

Now, if Fed parliment cannot have dual citizenship members, then how come these 3rd rate council pricks from overseas can change our laws?... see why I'm super angry about it?

Guilderton is beautiful but it's way out of the city urban sprawl... it's a bloody country town.

we invite people to come join us, not bloody change us.

Have a look at just the FEDERAL government. Until recently, we had Iranians, British, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, German, Italian and Lebanese descendants representing us. Renouncing your citizenship does not mean you lose your prejudices and bias. Ask Dastyari.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"I'm making too many typos and I only just got here. I better go back to bed. I've been up ALL night and ALL morning.

The heat turns me into an insomniac.

Two words for you.

AIR CONDITIONER.

In Israel, I only used aircon at the hottest time of the day. We used fans at night. It only gets hot a few days a year in Vancouver, so we don't have one.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

It gets into the 40's here, and some nights it doesn't drop below 30C.

Then you need the aircon to be able to sleep.

Most houses in South Australia have air con...I'm surprised Caskur doesn't, as Western Australia is much hotter.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"It gets into the 40's here, and some nights it doesn't drop below 30C.

Then you need the aircon to be able to sleep.

Most houses in South Australia have air con...I'm surprised Caskur doesn't, as Western Australia is much hotter.

It was low to mid thirties where I lived in Israel with a scorching Mediterranean sun. It cooled at night, so you could sleep with fans only most nights.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Whilst our weather is deemed to be "Mediterranean" like, it's actually more desert like. Extreme heat in summer, cold in winter.

Frood

We try to not run the air con by opening up all windows at night, closing them in the early hours, drawing shades and curtains down, and minimizing how often external doors are opened. Works well although on 40 degree plus days the air con is needed later in the afternoon.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Everybody does...with power prices as they are.

I can usually hold out until around 3.00pm on 40C days.

Frood

About the same here. 3 or 4 pm
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

You need good insulation or solid walls, though. Some houses are hard to bear at 10.00am.

Frood

Good windows are important or at least good solar blinds to counter single pane glass in older structures.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "caskur"I'm making too many typos and I only just got here. I better go back to bed. I've been up ALL night and ALL morning.

The heat turns me into an insomniac.

Two words for you.

AIR CONDITIONER.

I have two split systems...

I use them sparringly because cooling is expensive... I have a fan on me as well.

I reckon it's the diabex that heats me up more than an average person.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Whilst our weather is deemed to be "Mediterranean" like, it's actually more desert like. Extreme heat in summer, cold in winter.

you are the desert...

Perth has the true Mediterranean climate... we don't get easterlies very much which brings the hot air off our rocky deserts... we have the Fremantle Doctor otherwise known as The Roaring Forties... otherwise known as the sea breeze.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremantle_Doctor">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremantle_Doctor

Now I get the cool sea breeze because I'm a couple of minutes inland from the coast but the poor bastards in the Darling Ranges feel like they're in a fan forced oven.  ac_lmfao

But you'd know MUCH more about your locale than I do... I just know that on a tour in Hobart 1995, I learned from the tour guide, Perth, Hobart and Adelaide were the driest capital cities....

I think that 1995 stat has changed a little now... I think Canberra is now drier than Perth... (I find that notion AMAZING)
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Whilst our weather is deemed to be "Mediterranean" like, it's actually more desert like. Extreme heat in summer, cold in winter.

you are the desert...

Perth has the true Mediterranean climate... we don't get easterlies very much which brings the hot air off our rocky deserts... we have the Fremantle Doctor otherwise known as The Roaring Forties... otherwise known as the sea breeze.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremantle_Doctor">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremantle_Doctor

Now I get the cool sea breeze because I'm a couple of minutes inland from the coast but the poor bastards in the Darling Ranges feel like they're in a fan forced oven.  ac_lmfao

But you'd know MUCH more about your locale than I do... I just know that on a tour in Hobart 1995, I learned from the tour guide, Perth, Hobart and Adelaide were the driest capital cities....

I think that 1995 stat has changed a little now... I think Canberra is now drier than Perth... (I find that notion AMAZING)

I thought Hobart and all of Tasmania had a cool wet climate like Vancouver.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"You need good insulation or solid walls, though. Some houses are hard to bear at 10.00am.

When I was in Queensland, I liked the way they designed houses to take advantage of breezes.

Bricktop

Quote from: "caskur" I just know that on a tour in Hobart 1995, I learned from the tour guide, Perth, Hobart and Adelaide were the driest capital cities....

Your tour guide was misinformed. Average rainfall per city;

Darwin 1734.2mm

Sydney 1212.5mm

Brisbane 997.6mm

Perth 773.9mm

Melbourne 649.8mm

Hobart 616.7mm

Adelaide 546mm

Alice Springs 286.7mm

Adelaide is driest...but Hobart is surprising.