The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Hey it was Oscar night.

Started by Bricktop, February 25, 2019, 01:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Frood

I read that it was a failure, again.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"And the winner is...

ac_boring

I was thinking of that progtard on VF. ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

ac_boring

I was thinking of that progtard on VF. ac_toofunny

He supports all the causes celebutards do.

JOE

ac_boring

List of winners:

https://www.cnet.com/news/oscars-2019-winners-best-picture-best-director-green-book-reactions-black-panther-bohemian-rhapsody/">https://www.cnet.com/news/oscars-2019-w ... -rhapsody/">https://www.cnet.com/news/oscars-2019-winners-best-picture-best-director-green-book-reactions-black-panther-bohemian-rhapsody/

Wazzzup

I watched Queen play two songs then I turned it off.

I heard they couldn't even get a host this year LOL.  It was going to be kevin Hart but he got politically blacklisted for "homophobic jokes" :001_rolleyes:  

It probably sucked, but I wouldn't know, cause I didn't watch it.  Oh well.

Odinson

Anonymous

I didn't even know it was on until today.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Odinson"Black Panther...

Really?
One of the only two nominated movies I saw.  (the other Bohemian Rhapsody)

It was pretty good, but no better than many other superhero movies.  Superhero movies are never nominated.   I can't help thinking it got a diversity boost.

Actually if you want to see a good superhero movie rent deadpool one or two.  They're quite funny.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Odinson"Black Panther...

Really?
One of the only two nominated movies I saw.  (the other Bohemian Rhapsody)

It was pretty good, but no better than many other superhero movies.  Superhero movies are never nominated.   I can't help thinking it got a racial boost.

Actually if you want to see a good superhero movie rent deadpool one or two.  They're quite funny.

I saw the original Deadpool. It's a different kind of superhero movie. Hancock is my favourite superhero movie.

Bricktop

One of the movies nominated was called "Roma".

It's only on Netflix.

I challenge anyone to last more than 30 minutes. It is pure boredom, albeit beautifully crafted with wonderful cinematography. But aesthetics aside, it is one of the most tiresome and tedious examples of cinematic "entertainment" I've ever seen.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"One of the movies nominated was called "Roma".

It's only on Netflix.

I challenge anyone to last more than 30 minutes. It is pure boredom, albeit beautifully crafted with wonderful cinematography. But aesthetics aside, it is one of the most tiresome and tedious examples of cinematic "entertainment" I've ever seen.

It doesn't seem like the most interesting plot.

Bricktop

There is no plot.

Whilst the thrust of the story is the banality and tedium of human society, and it's apparent lack of purpose and reason, it is delivered in a droning sequence of beautifully shot yet utterly undramatic slideshow of episodes of everyday life.

And I get it.

This is humanity without the window dressing of Hollywood inspired melodrama. This is how real people deal with the thrusts and arrows of existence. This is reality.

But it is not entertainment. Because we ALL live in that reality every day. Why would we go and watch another 2 hours of it featuring actors?

Berry Sweet

I had no idea until I saw memes about it this morning.  I dont waste my time on that kind of crap.  I dont care.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I had no idea until I saw memes about it this morning.  I dont waste my time on that kind of crap.  I dont care.

I plan my life around the Oscars. I just have to see what they are wearing to that marvelous event.