Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

DAMN LIGHTNING!!!

Started by Bricktop, March 03, 2019, 07:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Please don't preach to me about Mythology. You can preach to me about matters I am not well-versed in. I know my Greek and Roman Gods. To the Romans, Jupiter was the equivalent of the Greek Zeus. In all my mythology books, Jupiter or Zeus held the lightning in his mighty hands. A thunder did not hit Bricktop's property, did it?

Shut it woman...

I was having a joke. DUH!~

You shut it. I don't take orders from you. Tho thowwy.  ac_toofunny

http://caraflanagan.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/baby1.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, our insurance guys are on the ball. They've already ordered a new oven and air conditioning unit for next week.

Happily, no hot days are forecast for a week or so, only cold weather...25C.

We can wear sweaters during that time.

Just the three items so far...a/c, oven and pool equipment have kicked over $11K.

I cannot believe people who don't insure.

We had to show proof of content insurance before we could lease our apartment.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Wow.

That's good.

It was a surprise to us too as newcomers to Canada.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Please don't preach to me about Mythology. You can preach to me about matters I am not well-versed in. I know my Greek and Roman Gods. To the Romans, Jupiter was the equivalent of the Greek Zeus. In all my mythology books, Jupiter or Zeus held the lightning in his mighty hands. A thunder did not hit Bricktop's property, did it?

Shut it woman...

I was having a joke. DUH!~

You shut it. I don't take orders from you. Tho thowwy.  ac_toofunny

http://caraflanagan.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/baby1.jpg">

You shouldn't stick your tongue out like that, a bird will fly over and poop on it.

"In Germanic mythology, Thor (/θɔːr/; from Old Norse: Þórr) is a hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing and fertility."
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"Well, our insurance guys are on the ball. They've already ordered a new oven and air conditioning unit for next week.

Just the three items so far...a/c, oven and pool equipment have kicked over $11K.

I can already hear your spirits lifting.

You should buy a Saturday Lotto Ticket... you're having a lucky streak. Surviving an attack by Thor is really something!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

:001_rolleyes:

cc

Sounds like you are fortunate all are alive, much less unhurt.

Glad to see insurance come through for you

Worse I have experienced was a 3ft dia big oak getting literally split in half, top to into the ground, about 20 ft from our bedroom. Literally flew out of bed when it hit.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"Sounds like you are fortunate all are alive, much less unhurt.

Glad to see insurance come through for you

Worse I have experienced was a 3ft dia big oak getting literally split in half, top to into the ground, about 20 ft from our bedroom. Literally flew out of bed when it hit.

We sustained a lot of water damage  during the 2013 flood, but we never worried about our safety.

Bricktop

Everything is going to be fine.

All the neighbours are coming over to see the damage. We're neighbourhood celebrities!!!

Others have suffered damage, and are still waiting for their insurance assessors to come and assess their claim.

Our claim is being settled as I type. Our insurer is BRILLIANT.

So far we're getting a new ducted air conditioner unit, a new stove and a new washing machine just to reduce the inconvenience. Other goods will be sorted next week.

I don't know what they're doing about the floor yet. There is a worry that the explosion may have cracked the concrete slab which will be a nightmare if true. It's unlikely, I think.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Everything is going to be fine.

All the neighbours are coming over to see the damage. We're neighbourhood celebrities!!!

Others have suffered damage, and are still waiting for their insurance assessors to come and assess their claim.

Our claim is being settled as I type. Our insurer is BRILLIANT.

So far we're getting a new ducted air conditioner unit, a new stove and a new washing machine just to reduce the inconvenience. Other goods will be sorted next week.

I don't know what they're doing about the floor yet. There is a worry that the explosion may have cracked the concrete slab which will be a nightmare if true. It's unlikely, I think.

Good insurance is important..

We upgraded ours after 2013.

cc

It is important.

Noticed I didn't specifically say big tree next to bedroom was split top to bottom "by lightning strike" ... just to clarify
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

It just crossed my mind that it would have had to been a fairly large tree to make you jump out of bed...

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"It is important.

Noticed I didn't specifically say big tree next to bedroom was split top to bottom "by lightning strike" ... just to clarify

I knew you meant by a lightning strike..

I don't know anyone who's had property damage due to a lightning strike..

Hail damage though is different..

This city gets some of the worst hail storms of any city in Canada..

Car lots often have hail damage sales.