Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

DAMN LIGHTNING!!!

Started by Bricktop, March 03, 2019, 07:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"It is important.

Noticed I didn't specifically say big tree next to bedroom was split top to bottom "by lightning strike" ... just to clarify

I knew you meant by a lightning strike..

I don't know anyone who's had property damage due to a lightning strike..

Hail damage though is different..

This city gets some of the worst hail storms of any city in Canada..

Car lots often have hail damage sales.

Perth rarely makes international news... Our freak hailstorm a few years back and out of no where, did...

We suffer hail attacks too.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "cc"It is important.

Noticed I didn't specifically say big tree next to bedroom was split top to bottom "by lightning strike" ... just to clarify

I hope you or your neighbours got pictures.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"
You shouldn't stick your tongue out like that, a bird will fly over and poop on it.

"In Germanic mythology, Thor (/θɔːr/; from Old Norse: Þórr) is a hammer-wielding god associated with thunder, lightning, storms, oak trees, strength, the protection of mankind, and also hallowing and fertility."

The issue is not Thor, Zeus, or Jupiter. The issue here really is your pursuit to prove me wrong but this backfired because I was right in the first place. Now you want to make yourself look more foolish by saving face giving excuses for your ignorance especially by making the idiotic comment, "Tho thorry." Do you not see how hilariously stupid that was?  :laugh3: You got a dose of your own medicine but you are unable to take it?

Mythology existed in many cultures but the most popular, the most universal one that was studied by most is Greek mythology. So influential was Greek mythology that we are using English words today that are firmly rooted in Greek mythology. Such examples are the following:

These are presented in this order: the Greek word or name (followed by a description) > the English word derived from the Greek (followed by a definition).

Atlas (a Titan who was condemned to carry the heavens upon his shoulders) > atlas (book of maps)

Clotho (the youngest of the Three Fates who spun the thread of life) > cloth (material made by weaving)

Chronos (God of time) > chronology (events in order of time)

Erôs (God of love and sexual desire) > erotic (sexual in nature)

Hypnos (God of sleep) > hypnosis (a sleep-like state of consciousness)

Hêlios (God of the sun) > heliotrope (plant that turns towards the sun)

Khaos (the void from which all life sprang) > chaos (confusion, disorder)

Muses (Goddesses of the arts and science) > musical (of or like music)

Narcissus (a beautiful man who fell in love with his own reflection) > narcissism (extreme love of self)

Nectar (drink of the gods) > nectar, nectarine (sweet plant secretion, fruit)

Ôkeanos (God of the river Oceanus, the source of the Earth's fresh water) > ocean (large body of water)

Typhon (known as the storm giant and father of all monsters) > typhoon (huge rotating tropical storm)

Zephyrus (God of the west wind) > zephyr (gentle west wind)

Moreover, Greek myths live on in English expressions, not Norse or others:

Herculean Task

Trojan Horse

Achilles' Heel

Cutting the Godian Knot

The Midas Touch

Pandora's Box

Whatever you're trying to prove, you did not succeed in educating me. Also, learn this tip for future assholery: If you're going to make an ass of yourself, do your research first, not the other way around. "Tho thorry." Too funny.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

caskur

I don't have to prove you wrong... there is no right or wrong... you have Roman Gods, Greek Gods and Scandinavian Gods.. According to  Wiki which can be at times incorrect, Thor is the Germanic God of Thunder and Lightning... shut up already.... nobody gives a shit.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

WELL I WANT TO KNOW WHICH GOD FUCKED MY HOUSE UP!!!!

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"WELL I WANT TO KNOW WHICH GOD FUCKED MY HOUSE UP!!!!

THOR....

you pissed him off.  ac_lmfao

Don't worry too much, THOR'S lack of attention to Perth this year has really really upset me....So much for me and more storm chasing.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

You could always try to contact him with a coathanger and electrical socket.  :001_tongue:
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"You could always try to contact him with a coathanger and electrical socket.  :001_tongue:

True.
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

I'll kick his ass...then he'll be Thor and thorry.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Bricktop"WELL I WANT TO KNOW WHICH GOD FUCKED MY HOUSE UP!!!!

It was Zeus (Jupiter). He delivered a message to remind all that he is the supreme God and to let no ignoramus tell you different.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "caskur"I don't have to prove you wrong...

BULLSHIT! You tried but, EPIC FAIL! Dumbass.
@realAzhyaAryola

Bricktop

Ladies, please...my house is a ruin.

Show some respect.

Bricktop

Hole in the concrete floor...

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53476476_2252704484749896_8404153689962446848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=8bbe8a0a626b288ecd6d213306391df2&oe=5CDEB31C">

Bricktop

Second hole in laundry floor.

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53781546_2252704508083227_1416220789606187008_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=622f04170b68d54c460615838ecdff38&oe=5D1B20C2">

Bricktop

Arcing across gate latch

https://scontent.fadl5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/53164920_2252704541416557_7944785952445038592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fadl5-1.fna&oh=54439681f7184618492bf5558858b190&oe=5D1C192D">