News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Nothing much happening on all 3 forums right now...

Started by JOE, May 10, 2019, 11:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

....you're all boring today I'm afraid.

The 3 mains all resemble a sleepy town out in the middle of Nowheresville.

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h9N9olKYKUQ/WB0pVQrJF6I/AAAAAAAAAT4/cUPC22q3UKo_LqVaBI4-tphs3DNlbg63gCLcB/s1600/Nowheresville.jpg">

....oh well.

Biggie Smiles

Probably the best idea for the entire community would be to collapse all three into one forum with all three owners being admins.

Lol.. yeah... that wouldn't create mass hysteria  :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"Probably the best idea for the entire community would be to collapse all three into one forum with all three owners being admins.

It won't happen TL, but I would like to see that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "ThugLife"Probably the best idea for the entire community would be to collapse all three into one forum with all three owners being admins.

It won't happen TL, but I would like to see that.

The problem is that you, flea and evs have different ideas for forums. I could see you and evs working together. You like each other.

Anonymous

There was a point in time when Billdo was thinking about doing something like that using Letterpress.  He envisioned a handful of "private" forums and one over-arching "meta" forum, all on one server, with limited opportunities for members of different forums to interact without having to post together (the gaming arcade would be one of the shared features.)  Nobody he shopped the idea to could quite wrap their head around it, including me I'm sorry to say.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"

There was a point in time when Billdo was thinking about doing something like that using Letterpress.  He envisioned a handful of "private" forums and one over-arching "meta" forum, all on one server, with limited opportunities for members of different forums to interact without having to post together (the gaming arcade would be one of the shared features.)  Nobody he shopped the idea to could quite wrap their head around it, including me I'm sorry to say.

The original ACF which this board used to be called grew out of VF..

I don't think any merger would involve anything like that.

Biggie Smiles

I think it would make for a more thriving community overall.

Obviously there would be sub boards for the particular interests of each native group but it could be an overall melting pot.

I think someone like Joo could bring that all together. I hear he's very good at that sort of thing.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"I think it would make for a more thriving community overall.

Obviously there would be sub boards for the particular interests of each native group but it could be an overall melting pot.

I think someone like Joo could bring that all together. I hear he's very good at that sort of thing.

Joo?

:ohmy:

Do you mean Gaon?

He's sensitive about being called a Jew.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "ThugLife"I think it would make for a more thriving community overall.

Joo?

Do you mean Gaon?

No. There is a poster who has gone by the name JooDog in the past and now I believe he calls himself "Biggie Smiles" over at SG.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"

Joo?

Do you mean Gaon?

No. There is a poster who has gone by the name JooDog in the past and now I believe he calls himself "Biggie Smiles" over at SG.

Oh, okay..

I'd be interested in discussing merger possibilities..

I think all these smaller forums should be combined into one bigger one.

Biggie Smiles

They would all certainly benefit from the increased activity

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"They would all certainly benefit from the increased activity

I'm complete agreement TL.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I could support that, as long as imbeciles like Seamajor are confined to kiddie table subs where he belongs.

Anonymous

If the one big tent forum ever did emerge, I wouldn't join you guys unless it was hosted by Fash or evs. I will not register at another forum again. When VF/BC are history, so am i. However, my interest in forums has be rekindled lately since Gaon and Thuglife joined the VF/BC community.

Anonymous

If they did merge, they'd break up again within six months.