The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Cronus's Hate Speech OP

Started by Frood, May 14, 2019, 10:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html">https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html

I'm like totally floored by it. He posted it in RR so does that mean it applies in particular to RR and anywhere else in this forum?

I've always thought RR was the place to be voluntarily disruptive, insulting, or ripped off your tits. A not to be taken serious sort of thing. Are Canadian law enforcement  people such simple minded puss pusses these days that this is an actual thing?

If so, they are spineless morons.
Blahhhhhh...

Cronus

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html">https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html

I'm like totally floored by it. He posted it in RR so does that mean it applies in particular to RR and anywhere else in this forum?

I've always thought RR was the place to be voluntarily disruptive, insulting, or ripped off your tits. A not to be taken serious sort of thing. Are Canadian law enforcement  people such simple minded puss pusses these days that this is an actual thing?

It's Canadian law. Spineless or not, still the law. We have always had rule 4 and it does apply across the board on all subs.
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

Works for me.  Anyone wanting to be more juvenile than that rule allows needs a playpen and a big box of crayons, and some damn privacy.

Anonymous

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Cronus"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html">https://thebluecashew.net/reject-rodeo-f10/hate-speech-t10763.html

It's Canadian law. Spineless or not, still the law. We have always had rule 4 and it does apply across the board on all subs.

Yes, its the law and its implemented for a reason.  Its amazing how so many can not understand this.

Bricktop

Berry Sweet

My law.  Where everyone does what I say.  Works for me.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"My law.  Where everyone does what I say.  Works for me.

I believe you would be a benevolent empress Berry.

ac_smile

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Bricktop"What law is it, exactly?

The law of sit down and shut the fuck up because the forum is owned by a person who happens to be concerned with the negative consequences any misapplication of existing hate speech laws might bring to her.

Put your narcissism in a pickle jar for a moment and understand that if she is so much visited by local authorities for any reason, no matter the eventual outcome, that itself is too far a price to pay to allow monkeys like Herman to spew vilified nonsense about like this were their personal toilet.

if she doesn't want racist comments on her board then she doesn't want it on her board. Who the fuck died and left you in charge of what one should or should not do with something that isn't yours to begin with?

Anonymous

Sections 318, 319 (1) and 319(2) of Canada's criminal code.

caskur

Just call all undesirables cockroaches.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Bricktop

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Which does not apply outside of Canada.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

Just call all undesirables cockroaches.

I prefer shitter shiners.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Which does not apply outside of Canada.

I'm prepared to assume that Canada is the location of the server and the registered address of the domain.

I imagine that's enough.

Bricktop

You may assume such, but my browser tells me the server is located in the US.

It also tells me that current legal precedence does not hold a proprietor libel for comments and content made by members. Otherwise Zuckerberg et al would be doing time.

Ergo, for me to break Canadian law, I would have to be IN Canada, and identified as the person who made comments that were considered illegal.

Whether or not any such comments are offensive, hateful or inciting, the fact is that laws are confined to the sovereign nation that enacts them...except for the US, which still believes its laws can be applied globally when it suits.

So, if "hate" speech (whatever that is) is posted in a forum, the only applicable legislation is that which exists in the poster's home country.

Then the authorities have to prove that the poster is the individual under suspicion.

Here's a tip, kiddies. If Mr Plod comes knocking, provide your name and address and STFU.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview