Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Abortion

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, May 22, 2019, 02:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

PP definitely exaggerates it's importance to get taxpayer money.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Shen Li"
I'm first trimester pro-choice...

Quote from: "Fashionista"PP definitely exaggerates it's importance to get taxpayer money.

I'm with Shen on first trimester pro-choice. However, I'm in favor of PP and I don't really care how they are funded as long as they have real doctors and nurses in there and not unlicensed people. I'm curious, Fash, where do you believe the underprivileged should go for reproductive health care?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Quote from: "Fashionista"PP definitely exaggerates it's importance to get taxpayer money.

I'm with Shen on first trimester pro-choice. However, I'm in favor of PP and I don't really care how they are funded as long as they have real doctors and nurses in there and not unlicensed people. I'm curious, Fash, where do you believe the underprivileged should go for reproductive health care?

Most people agree with you and Shen..

PP is a political organization and should not receive more half a billion dollars of taxpayer dollars per year.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

PP is a political organization and should not receive more half a billion dollars of taxpayer dollars per year.

We disagree on when personhood begins, but we both agree that PP is a partisan political organization.

Anonymous

We disagree on when personhood begins, but we both agree that PP is a partisan political organization.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

@realAzhyaAryola

Be that as it may, I am not advocating for PP to be shut down. They serve the underprivileged.

Fash, I still want to know where you think the underprivileged should go if there was no PP.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Be that as it may, I am not advocating for PP to be shut down. They serve the underprivileged.

Fash, I still want to know where you think the underprivileged should go if there was no PP.

I thought the Affordable Care Act made PP unnecessary. But, even if they still have a role, they should not be receiving ta dollars and using it to lobby congress.

Anonymous

Speaking of public funding for the privately operated PP.

Planned Parenthood leaves federal family planning program over abortion-referral ban

Health centers to remain open, hope to make up for loss of federal funds

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/planned-parenthood-leaves-federal-family-planning-program-over-abortion-referral-ban-2019-08-19?mod=mw_latestnews">https://www.marketwatch.com/story/plann ... latestnews">https://www.marketwatch.com/story/planned-parenthood-leaves-federal-family-planning-program-over-abortion-referral-ban-2019-08-19?mod=mw_latestnews

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"Speaking of public funding for the privately operated PP.

Planned Parenthood leaves federal family planning program over abortion-referral ban

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/planned-parenthood-leaves-federal-family-planning-program-over-abortion-referral-ban-2019-08-19?mod=mw_latestnews">https://www.marketwatch.com/story/plann ... latestnews">https://www.marketwatch.com/story/planned-parenthood-leaves-federal-family-planning-program-over-abortion-referral-ban-2019-08-19?mod=mw_latestnews

Fash, I just want to know what your position is about underprivileged folks who wish to seek reproductive health care. Where do you think they should go?

@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Speaking of public funding for the privately operated PP.

Fash, I just want to know what your position is about underprivileged folks who wish to seek reproductive health care. Where do you think they should go?

The Hyde Amendment bans federal funds being used for abortion unless the mother's life in danger.

@realAzhyaAryola

The Hyde Amendment bans federal funds being used for abortion unless the mother's life in danger.

Fash, hopefully, this is the last time I will ask you this question and hopefully this time I will get a decent response from you. I'd like to know what your position is when it comes to the underprivileged seeking reproductive health care, including also contraception, pre-natal care, female reproductive issues, male reproductive issues, cervical cancer screenings, family planning, STDs, STIs. Where do you think they should go if they need help with any of these?
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Fash, hopefully, this is the last time I will ask you this question and hopefully this time I will get a decent response from you. I'd like to know what your position is when it comes to the underprivileged seeking reproductive health care, including also contraception, pre-natal care, female reproductive issues, male reproductive issues, cervical cancer screenings, family planning, STDs, STIs. Where do you think they should go if they need help with any of these?

I think she's made it clear over the years she opposes abortion unless the woman's life is in danger.  She's not a Catholic, so she doesn't oppose birth control. And like me, she has a problem with a private NGO receiving taxpayer money to lobby elected reps. They get close to $1 billion in private funds. PP doesn't need public funds to spend asking for more public funds.

Anonymous

I think she's made it clear over the years she opposes abortion unless the woman's life is in danger.  She's not a Catholic, so she doesn't oppose birth control. And like me, she has a problem with a private NGO receiving taxpayer money to lobby elected reps. They get close to $1 billion in private funds. PP doesn't need public funds to spend asking for more public funds.

One thing a former poster raised, is that PP is essentially obsolete since Obamacare.

@realAzhyaAryola

I am clear on that, Shen. However, this question that I have been asking Fash for the longest time is not specifically about abortion or PP. I wish she would just answer it and not avoid the question. I am totally baffled why she won't answer my question.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

One thing a former poster raised, is that PP is essentially obsolete since Obamacare.

Fash, put aside abortion or PP for now. Please just focus on this question that I have for you:

I'd like to know what your position is when it comes to the underprivileged seeking reproductive health care, including also contraception, pre-natal care, female reproductive issues, male reproductive issues, cervical cancer screenings, family planning, STDs, STIs. Where do you think they should go if they need help with any of these?

Is it possible for you to just address that, please?
@realAzhyaAryola