Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

BAD Canada!!!!

Started by Bricktop, June 03, 2019, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

The final report is very misleading.

By Mark Bonokoski of Sun News Media

WAS GENOCIDE THE GOAL?

It is a word associated with the worst of war crimes.

Yet "genocide" is the descriptor the authors of the long-awaited final report on murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls used to encapsulate generations of intergenerational trauma — "centuries in the making," as it was defined — and the violence that emanated from the greater world around them where bodies turned up in indignant ways and in indignant places. Or were never found at all. All the key federal politicians were at the Museum of History's main hall for the closing dedication, of course: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his wife, Sophie Gregoire Trudeau, Carolyn Bennett, minister of Crown-indigenous Relations, Seamus O'regan, minister of Indigenous services, and Justice Minister and Attorney General David Lametti.

The massive report — with 231 recommendations it says are in dire need of being addressed — is the culmination of a three-year inquiry often plagued with dysfunction, controversy and personal problems, but contains what chief commissioner Marion Buller called "important truths" in her condemnation of Canadian laws and institutions that still violate Indigenous human rights.

"I hope that knowing these 'truths' will contribute to a better understanding of the real lives of Indigenous people and the violations of their human and Indigenous rights when they were targeted for violence," wrote Buller.

But genocide? Genocide is defined as "the deliberate and systematic elimination of a racial, political or cultural group."

Is that what happened here? Did colonialists, right up to present-day governments, "deliberately" attempt "eliminating" the First Nations in this country so that, at the end of the day, none existed?

It's an awfully ugly accusation.

There was, instead, a tremendous amount that went wrong from the very beginning, and is still going on via the Indian Act, but there was no intent written in any diary or history book ever discovered to wipe out all Indigenous people. There was the damaging intent in the residential school fiasco, for example, to "kill the Indian in the child" to speed up a desired assimilation, but certainly not to kill the child. But the inquiry gave few even a speck of humanity. The report's recommendations — highlighted as "calls for justice" — include developing a workable response to human trafficking, sexual exploitation and violence, including in the sex trade. "They are not optional," says the report. "They constitute legal imperatives." Missing and murdered Indigenous women believe to number in the thousands but, as the report admits, "no one knows the exact number."

The Native Women's Association created a database that in 2010 documented 552 missing and murdered Indigenous women, while four years later the RCMP pegged the number closer to 1,200.

The fact that no one knows for certain is shameful on its own.

A former aboriginal affairs minister under the Conservative government of Stephen Harper, Bernard Valcourt, is taking a lot of heat for his rebuke of the report using the word "genocide."

"Who feels better in Canada among First Nations for that thunderous silly conclusion that all we wanted was to kill them off?" tweeted Valcourt.

As expected, condemnation of Valcourt came quickly, with social media lighting up, and Carolyn Bennett among the first to launch a partisan jab.

"Distressing to see @Bernardvalcourt displaying such ignorance," tweeted Bennett. "@Andrewscheer needs to denounce him & ask him to join Senator (Lynn) Beyak on the cultural sensitivity that seems to be necessary for all Conservatives."

Expect more political point gathering to continue.

Anonymous

Calling it genocide is an insult to real premeditated genocides of the past..

This is risky lifestyle and crime issue.

Anonymous

This inquiry refused to discuss the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Widespread sexual and physical abuse of Native women and girls by the their boyfriends, brothers, uncles, and neighbours.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"(I look very white, mind you)

We KNOW what you look like, Bonedome. Homer Simpson after a buzzcut.

:crazy:

I'm svelte, petite, and with long curly blonde locks.

Nice try though.

https://www.heavencostumes.com.au/media/catalog/product/cache/afad95d7734d2fa6d0a8ba78597182b7/e/-/e-lw-05069-men-s-blonde-bushy-beard-and-wig-costume-set_-alternative-look-image-1200.jpg">

@realAzhyaAryola

Is it just me or does this problem echo the "slavery" in the USA where a majority of Americans would like blacks to please move on from slavery? It has that same ring to it. They need to take good care of their own and start to carry themselves with dignity and respect, stop blaming others for their misfortune. What was done in the past is in the past, time to turn your lives around, send your women and men to school, get them educated so they become contributing members of society and stay off the streets.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Bricktop

Once again we are reminded that there is no peace between white and non white people whilst they share the same lands.

The aboriginals will always and ONLY regard whites and invaders. Black Americans will always and ONLY see whites as racists.

To think that it will change is naivete.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Bricktop"Once again we are reminded that there is no peace between white and non white people whilst they share the same lands.

The aboriginals will always and ONLY regard whites and invaders. Black Americans will always and ONLY see whites as racists.

I think Asians and whites often live together well.  I would agree that that blacks in America and from what l've seen Aborigines in OZ and Natives in Canada are probably never going to get along with whites.  Not at least while leftards are out there throwing salt in every racial  wound they can find to reap political gain from it.  Look at the dems here talking about slavery reparations, when slavery was ended a 150 years ago.  WTF?

Wazzzup

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Is it just me or does this problem echo the "slavery" in the USA where a majority of Americans would like blacks to please move on from slavery? It has that same ring to it. They need to take good care of their own and start to carry themselves with dignity and respect, stop blaming others for their misfortune. What was done in the past is in the past, time to turn your lives around, send your women and men to school, get them educated so they become contributing members of society and stay off the streets.

Yeah group success is largely dependent on a groups own behavior.  Asians do well in America-- as good or better than whites, even though they are a visible minority.  That's because Asians are doing the things they need to do to become successful.  Blacks are less successful in the US primarily because they are not doing the things others do to become successful. It has nothing to do with slavery or anything else that happened before most of us were born.

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"This has neen going on for a long time.  JT doesnt give a shit, he just wants votes and likes to dress up.

Im sick n tired of native whining.  I like the art and culture but the people themselves are messed.  There are a few who are actually good, left the rez, got an education and live their lives.  Majority just bitch, whine and complain.  Take a walk down town in Vancouver where all idiots are...majority of them are native and all addicts or drunks.

Their bands get millions of dollars from the government and they dont even help their people...the chiefs take it and splurge on their families...luxurious vacations, nice vehicles, nice homes, 5 star dining, you name it...and the rest of the band lives in despair....this is no new story  everyone knows this....theres no excuse why they cant better themselves with those millions.

Ask yourself why they wont let the government audit them? Think about that.

They need to stop banging on their fuckin drums and smarten the fuck up.

The highway of tears...who killed all those women? Its sad yeah...no one should be killed...how do we know it wasnt a native person who did it? Theres a lot of angry native men out there.

THIS is exactly what has been going on in Australia for 3 decades that I know of at least.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Wazzzup"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Once again we are reminded that there is no peace between white and non white people whilst they share the same lands.

I think Asians and whites often live together well.  I would agree that that blacks in America and from what l've seen Aborigines in OZ and Natives in Canada are probably never going to get along with whites.  Not at least while leftards are out there throwing salt in every racial  wound they can find to reap political gain from it.  Look at the dems here talking about slavery reparations, when slavery was ended a 150 years ago.  WTF?

I'm disgusted the way the American Democrats win elections by dividing people by race and reparations for something that ended 155 years ago is a prime example.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Wazzzup"

Well said.

:thumbup:

@realAzhyaAryola

That is what I mean when I point out they simply can't move on. How stupid.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"That is what I mean when I point out they simply can't move on. How stupid.

They're encouraged not to move on.

Gaon

Same in Israel. Arabs think they are owed a lot.
The Russian Rock It

Bricktop

I'm somewhat ambiguous on the Israeli circumstance.

On one hand, I feel some sympathy towards those people for being displaced and dominated by a racially and culturally different populace...but on the other hand, how is that different to the colonisation of Australia, the US, Canada and New Zealand. The only distinction between these nations and South Africa is that the indigenous populations of the African nations was proportionally larger than the colonists, and so were more brutally repressed.

I doubt colonised nations will ever know peace with the indigenous people they displaced.