Replies: 10355
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:01:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

I am Banned From SG

Started by Anonymous, June 17, 2019, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
With you there is three. Four with Priscilla.

Do you consider yourself Asian or SE Asian?

I simply consider myself Asian. No one in my family ever spoke the word South East Asian so it isn't something I am accustomed to referring to. To be more precise, when asked, I just say I was born in the Philippines and moved to the west in my late teens. We were never fixated on comparing ourselves with other Asian people so categorizing ourselves as South East Asian is not a norm in the Philippines or certainly not a norm in my universe. My ancestors were both European (the Spaniards) and Chinese so I'm a mix of both, and a bit of Malay too. I've been mistaken as Thai, Korean, Chinese, Mexican, and even East Indian.

I started calling myself East Asian in high school. East Indians/South Asians were the largest Asian ethnic group in my high school, so to make a verbal distinction for ourselves, we added East to Asian.

Odinson

Asians are rayciss..

If I go to China, people assume I´m not chinese.... Like what the fuck!

I might have been born there yo!

And whenever I see an asian wearing jeans, I feel insulted.

Dats cultural appropriation.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blurt"Damn. I guess I'm just not getting through.

I go wherever I find intellect and wit. Some of it's over there, some of it's over here; there's some anywhere, if you have eyes to see.

I'm drawn to individuals more than to forums. There aren't a million ways to state this.

Minnows, sharks, meh. Size matters little if you're smart and a wee witty.

Or maybe I'M not getting through.

But it is no no consequence. Perhaps a better metaphor is that mammals cannot swim with the fish, with the exception of whales and dolphins. But they must eventually come up for air.

But, I cannot resist asking...what individual at SG draws you there?

Blurt

Originally? It was Oak, just because I knew her from RW's forum and I liked her style. But I realized she was there only after Flea invited me to go take a look. I enjoy Flea, as well. And Peaches. Peaches rocks. Biggie. Murdock. Freud. Even that guy with the radio program. For the most part, folks who don't put politics before fun.

You know how it is, though. Gradually, you get to discover people's personas. Some resonate. Some less so. You become familiar with those who are a draw. You get to like them more. It's what forums are for, no? To be honest, the folks I dislike on forums are few and far between.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Bricktop

Quote from: "Blurt"Originally? It was Oak, just because I knew her from RW's forum and I liked her style. But I realized she was there only after Flea invited me to go take a look. I enjoy Flea, as well. And Peaches. Peaches rocks. Biggie. Murdock. Freud. Even that guy with the radio program. For the most part, folks who don't put politics before fun.

You know how it is, though. Gradually, you get to discover people's personas. Some resonate. Some less so. You become familiar with those who are a draw. You get to like them more. It's what forums are for, no? To be honest, the folks I dislike on forums are few and far between.

Strange bedfellows indeed.

Not the personality types I would have associated with Blurt, that's for sure.

I guess I've misjudged either them or you.

ac_dunno

caskur

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
With you there is three. Four with Priscilla.

Do you consider yourself Asian or SE Asian?

I simply consider myself Asian. No one in my family ever spoke the word South East Asian so it isn't something I am accustomed to referring to. To be more precise, when asked, I just say I was born in the Philippines and moved to the west in my late teens. We were never fixated on comparing ourselves with other Asian people so categorizing ourselves as South East Asian is not a norm in the Philippines or certainly not a norm in my universe. My ancestors were both European (the Spaniards) and Chinese so I'm a mix of both, and a bit of Malay too. I've been mistaken as Thai, Korean, Chinese, Mexican, and even East Indian.

My Aunty was Corazon Alarma (sp?) She was from an Island that was extremely poor. The only authority on the island was a priest... no doctor, police, or even a teacher. She came to Australia about 1980. She told me to she had Spanish and Chinese in her native Filipino ancestry.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Odinson"Asians are rayciss..

If I go to China, people assume I´m not chinese.... Like what the fuck!

I might have been born there yo!

And whenever I see an asian wearing jeans, I feel insulted.

Dats cultural appropriation.

Not all of them.

Their leaders are shockers though.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Blurt"Originally? It was Oak, just because I knew her from RW's forum and I liked her style. But I realized she was there only after Flea invited me to go take a look. I enjoy Flea, as well. And Peaches. Peaches rocks. Biggie. Murdock. Freud. Even that guy with the radio program. For the most part, folks who don't put politics before fun.

ac_dunno

You might like Murdock. She was married to a Latino LA cop.

She's a smart lady.
- Andy Warhol

Blurt

Quote from: "Blurt"

ac_dunno

Bedfellows? Really? I wouldn't presume to be so familiar with people I barely know. I've only ever had a single one-night stand in my life, and it wasn't on a forum.

And who's talking about personalities? Not I. Who knows what personalities live behind these personas? Again, not I. There's a difference between a persona and a personality.

Just look at Benzo, who's been trying to catch my attention for a while now. There's a distinct possibility that the personality behind the handle is smart and funny but I can't know this for certain now, can I? I don't know the guy. And he's not on my radar.

And so it goes.

Misjudging is your second mistake, Leo. Judging is your first.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Bricktop

Your radar is tres perspicace.

Methinks Benzo is a bit of a lost soul. But what do I know. I've not "met", so to speak, any of them other than Scouse and Freud. And Flea. And Peaches.

Oh... ac_blush

caskur

ac_dunno

Bedfellows? Really? I wouldn't presume to be so familiar with people I barely know. I've only ever had a single one-night stand in my life, and it wasn't on a forum.

And who's talking about personalities? Not I. Who knows what personalities live behind these personas? Again, not I. There's a difference between a persona and a personality.

Just look at Benzo, who's been trying to catch my attention for a while now. There's a distinct possibility that the personality behind the handle is smart and funny but I can't know this for certain now, can I? I don't know the guy. And he's not on my radar.

And so it goes.

Misjudging is your second mistake, Leo. Judging is your first.

King Martini is a funny and an entertaining writer because of his phony swagger BUT he stalks people... so while MOST of your post about SG's characters were correct, try not getting suckered in and you'll probably be fine.

Most people learn the hard way with trolls.
- Andy Warhol

BEnzo

Quote from: "Bricktop"Your radar is tres perspicace.

Methinks Benzo is a bit of a lost soul. But what do I know. I've not "met", so to speak, any of them other than Scouse and Freud. And Flea. And Peaches.

Oh... ac_blush

Lost? Nah, I tread a clear path, and have a good sense of direction when I choose to leave it from time to time.

caskur

I think BEnzo has other interests other than the groups or more realistically, the fools who post on them.
- Andy Warhol

BEnzo

Quote from: "caskur"I think BEnzo has other interests other than the groups or more realistically, the fools who post on them.

Yup I get busy. Plus I'm apolitical.

Bricktop

Quote from: "BEnzo"
Quote from: "Bricktop"Your radar is tres perspicace.

Oh... ac_blush

Lost? Nah, I tread a clear path, and have a good sense of direction when I choose to leave it from time to time.

Well, it does seem your colleagues at SG have somewhat ostracised you.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview