Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Going to be a grandfather again.

Started by Bricktop, June 27, 2019, 03:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Zetsu"
I haven't been to school in a long time so I can't really tell what exactly they are learning, but I heard things are harder now since they've removed grade 13 about 20 years ago, or did they lower their standards?  I'm not too sure how old LO is, but if things are the same as they were before, she might need to get in gear before she goes into high school, as things can get really hard once she enters grade 11 and 12, I can't remember exactly but she'll start learning that trigonometric crap with all teh sin, cos and tan in calculus and centrifugal force calculations in physics, while geometry is even worst.  

About LO getting into a fight in school is something that is bound to happen to most students, but if you have the chance I'd strongly recommend taking her to good martial arts school, not just for self defense, but to train a person's mind unbreakable fortress, not saying her mind isn't but it'll help her know when to defend herself and when to hold back from fighting, as to nearly all MA fighter's most important key philosophy is preventing themselves from getting into a fight and understand what kind of fight is justified.  I know I sound stupid saying this b/c I'm no disciplined person but this is not from my experience, but my from my brother's knowledge.

Public school is fuckin useless.  Im not even sure if half of the parents actually look at the work their kids are given? Its a fuckin joke.  Middle school and work for kids in grade 2...no joke.  The education is useless, the only kids that benefit from anything are the cocksucking parents on the PAC board, like its literally pathetic...I even told everyone I talked to in the school that...yeah they dont like me very much for being honest.  Its all about status and paycheques and I refuse to have my kid around total garbage like that.  Why you getting a paycheque if you are cant teach my kid anything?  Yet alone call me when something happens? I was going to file and complain the superintendent  but I figured whats the point?  Its just going to fall on deaf ears.

As for the sports, I want to try get my kid into boxing or martial arts...im leaning on the boxing.  Hopefully she will take it and learn from a more positive environment rather than being surrounded by ass kissers...its taken a tremendous toll on her and I dont blame her.

It looks like BC/Canadian schools are finally starting to catch up with the rest of the world, before elementary schools wasted 6+ years of a child's learning opportunity and just crammed the most important thing in the last 2 years of high school, causing a lot of students to fail or drop out in grade 11 and 12;  20 years before that it was even worst, the whole high school curriculum teach juvenile garbage to the students, misleading the students to get enough marks thinking they'll do well in university but failing miserably, average class score in first year there is less than 30%.  You might be wondering why I'd know this is b/c of my brother, he came over to Canada after finishing grade 7 in Hong Kong, the stuff they learned in HK was quite advance during the time, to a level he never had to studied a single math or science test during high school in Toronto and pass all of them, he didn't even took university, skipped it instead he used those 4-5 years to finish 3 masters degree, all reputable, one in security management, another in criminal psychology and a MBA.  Tbh Berry what LO is learning right now is a good thing, whether she will use it or not in life is another factor, but least they're molding her basic foundation to prepare her ahead for university.
Permanently off his rocker

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"plus I am implimenting my own studies for her

Please engage a tutor for her English studies program.

ac_biggrin

I dont care about my spelling.

But thats another thing, school doesnt offer any tutoring help.  But of course they have the help for the challanged kids and those who dont speak english.  I was told to enroll my kid in one of the programs outside of school, which I looked into and will cost me atleast $800/mo.  So out of reach for so many families.  They dont even have spelling test or teach kids spelling in school anymore. Im the one who teaches my kid how to spell and also new words.  Same thing goes for lookinh at a clock...i have a big round clock with roman numerals and there would be no way my kid would know how to yell what time it is, if it wasnt for me teaching her.  She can tell the time on it, but friends who come over, have no clue...all they know is digital time.     One thing I am excited about with my kids new education is the fact she will get tutoring once a week, it comes with the program!

Berry Sweet

I haven't been to school in a long time so I can't really tell what exactly they are learning, but I heard things are harder now since they've removed grade 13 about 20 years ago, or did they lower their standards?  I'm not too sure how old LO is, but if things are the same as they were before, she might need to get in gear before she goes into high school, as things can get really hard once she enters grade 11 and 12, I can't remember exactly but she'll start learning that trigonometric crap with all teh sin, cos and tan in calculus and centrifugal force calculations in physics, while geometry is even worst.  

About LO getting into a fight in school is something that is bound to happen to most students, but if you have the chance I'd strongly recommend taking her to good martial arts school, not just for self defense, but to train a person's mind unbreakable fortress, not saying her mind isn't but it'll help her know when to defend herself and when to hold back from fighting, as to nearly all MA fighter's most important key philosophy is preventing themselves from getting into a fight and understand what kind of fight is justified.  I know I sound stupid saying this b/c I'm no disciplined person but this is not from my experience, but my from my brother's knowledge.

Public school is fuckin useless.  Im not even sure if half of the parents actually look at the work their kids are given? Its a fuckin joke.  Middle school and work for kids in grade 2...no joke.  The education is useless, the only kids that benefit from anything are the cocksucking parents on the PAC board, like its literally pathetic...I even told everyone I talked to in the school that...yeah they dont like me very much for being honest.  Its all about status and paycheques and I refuse to have my kid around total garbage like that.  Why you getting a paycheque if you are cant teach my kid anything?  Yet alone call me when something happens? I was going to file and complain the superintendent  but I figured whats the point?  Its just going to fall on deaf ears.

As for the sports, I want to try get my kid into boxing or martial arts...im leaning on the boxing.  Hopefully she will take it and learn from a more positive environment rather than being surrounded by ass kissers...its taken a tremendous toll on her and I dont blame her.

It looks like BC/Canadian schools are finally starting to catch up with the rest of the world, before elementary schools wasted 6+ years of a child's learning opportunity and just crammed the most important thing in the last 2 years of high school, causing a lot of students to fail or drop out in grade 11 and 12;  20 years before that it was even worst, the whole high school curriculum teach juvenile garbage to the students, misleading the students to get enough marks thinking they'll do well in university but failing miserably, average class score in first year there is less than 30%.  You might be wondering why I'd know this is b/c of my brother, he came over to Canada after finishing grade 7 in Hong Kong, the stuff they learned in HK was quite advance during the time, to a level he never had to studied a single math or science test during high school in Toronto and pass all of them, he didn't even took university, skipped it instead he used those 4-5 years to finish 3 masters degree, all reputable, one in security management, another in criminal psychology and a MBA.  Tbh Berry what LO is learning right now is a good thing, whether she will use it or not in life is another factor, but least they're molding her basic foundation to prepare her ahead for university.

Ive read about and seen videos about China and their education system.  Its cool but too much.

The system has really been dumbed down.  They have done this purposely, no doubt.  There are no funds, no nothing.  My kids school was pathetic...I asked for an educational evaluation and they refused, my kid has been told she is stupid by some teachers and subs...she stood up for herself with some nasty words and good for her...thats no way to treat a kid.  When I was 15, a sub was making fun of my hearing loss infront of the whole class, so I punched him in the face.  Im wont stand for that either.

I dont care if my kid goes to university...I wouldn't mind her taking some college courses like I did....to me university is another glorified twat school...where rich kids go to pay for their degrees and still come out just as dumb.  Some of the most successful people I know never graduated from high school.

Zetsu

ac_biggrin

But thats another thing, school doesnt offer any tutoring help.  But of course they have the help for the challanged kids and those who dont speak english.  I was told to enroll my kid in one of the programs outside of school, which I looked into and will cost me atleast $800/mo.  So out of reach for so many families.  They dont even have spelling test or teach kids spelling in school anymore. Im the one who teaches my kid how to spell and also new words.  Same thing goes for lookinh at a clock...i have a big round clock with roman numerals and there would be no way my kid would know how to yell what time it is, if it wasnt for me teaching her.  She can tell the time on it, but friends who come over, have no clue...all they know is digital time.     One thing I am excited about with my kids new education is the fact she will get tutoring once a week, it comes with the program!

Tutoring is no doubt a good thing to get problems and questions solved in schools before they accumulate, but it can be a 2 edge sword... sometimes it might make a child dependent on a tutor, but at the same time it helps them scores better grade, but if LO or any child is trying to catch up in school then I believe a tutor, no more than once or twice a week is ok, just make sure to monitor her progress carefully.

Zetsu

Ive read about and seen videos about China and their education system.  Its cool but too much.

The system has really been dumbed down.  They have done this purposely, no doubt.  There are no funds, no nothing.  My kids school was pathetic...I asked for an educational evaluation and they refused, my kid has been told she is stupid by some teachers and subs...she stood up for herself with some nasty words and good for her...thats no way to treat a kid.  When I was 15, a sub was making fun of my hearing loss infront of the whole class, so I punched him in the face.  Im wont stand for that either.

I dont care if my kid goes to university...I wouldn't mind her taking some college courses like I did....to me university is another glorified twat school...where rich kids go to pay for their degrees and still come out just as dumb.  Some of the most successful people I know never graduated from high school.

I think college is ok too, though it's best to aim for higher first, just in case if the plan doesn't work out you have a back up plan, which is basically college, always aim for 120%, just like how Japanese people make their products or apply it to their daily life, hence why they always win by a mile.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Modern school = glorified baby sitting service.

Aint that the truth! Id say only 5% of the kids going to public school will amount to something in life.

I pulled my kid out.  I put my kid on a home school program, she'll be doing her studies at home and will be going to a program 1.5 days a week...plus I am implimenting my own studies for her...im going to be working on that this summer to be ready for September.

That doesn't bod well for society if ninety five per cent of future adults are under achieving..

More immigrants will be needed to pay for everything.

Anonymous

My children attend a private Christian school..

Students in the class are of equal backgrounds..

We don't have children of very different learning capabilities in the same classes. which makes it easier for teachers to teach..

My daughter graduated from high school this month..

All students in her class graduated and all of them will pursue post secondary education.

Bricktop

ac_biggrin

You'd better care about hers, though.

A job application that starts with "Eye ham appleyeing four a job with yur kumpanee" goes straight to the round filing cabinet.

Anonymous

ac_biggrin

A job application that starts with "Eye ham appleyeing four a job with yur kumpanee" goes straight to the round filing cabinet.

I'm sure Berry knows that.

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_biggrin

Thank you for saying it! I say the same to my children who went to school in one of the counties in the USA with the best educational programs and yet some things get missed. I was not in their classrooms but I check their work and I encourage them to write and that's where I found the issues so I worked to make sure they correct their spelling using spell check. It is important to care, that is my position. Your misspelled words make you appear illiterate. Peeryod.  :laugh3:
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

Thank you for saying it! I say the same to my children who went to school in one of the counties in the USA with the best educational programs and yet some things get missed. I was not in their classrooms but I check their work and I encourage them to write and that's where I found the issues so I worked to make sure they correct their spelling using spell check. It is important to care, that is my position. Your misspelled words make you appear illiterate. Peeryod.  ]

ac_biggrin

Thare ewe hav it. Plane and simpel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"

ac_biggrin

Thank you for saying it! I say the same to my children who went to school in one of the counties in the USA with the best educational programs and yet some things get missed. I was not in their classrooms but I check their work and I encourage them to write and that's where I found the issues so I worked to make sure they correct their spelling using spell check. It is important to care, that is my position. Your misspelled words make you appear illiterate. Peeryod.  ]
 :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Number FIVE.

Daughter broke the news Tuesday (joining our two sons with 2 each already).

I'm betting on a girl for some reason.

Congratulations Bricktop. I have two grandchildren.

Bricktop

Great!!!

Five will be a bit of a handful, I think.

But we'll cope!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"Great!!!

Five will be a bit of a handful, I think.

But we'll cope!!!

Five grandkids. My parents have three and they wear them down at family gatherings.