The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Oh, look.... another anti gun thread by Bricktop

Started by Bricktop, August 04, 2019, 09:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

Quote from: "sasquatch"
Quote from: "Bricktop"That's very odd.

Why would owning a firearm make one "proud"?

Does one feel pride owning a power saw? Or a lawnmower?

you would be surprised how many people are prideful about owning a power saw or a lawnmower-especially when they are new.

Yes. I would be surprised. Nothing I possess makes me proud. I see no prestige in going to a shop and buying a product, or reaping glory from a possession.

Especially if that item is designed to kill others.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"
Quote from: "Bricktop"That's very odd.

Why would owning a firearm make one "proud"?

Does one feel pride owning a power saw? Or a lawnmower?

you would be surprised how many people are prideful about owning a power saw or a lawnmower-especially when they are new.

True on both. Even my leaf blower makes my chest stick out.

Odinson

I have a Dewalt hedge trimmer and a Dewalt string trimmer.. They are new.

My neighbors garden tools are Ryobi..

My tools are superior.

Great success.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I have a Dewalt hedge trimmer and a Dewalt string trimmer.. They are new.

My neighbors garden tools are Ryobi..

My tools are superior.

Great success.

I have a leaf blower and a lawn mower.  The lawn mower is second hand. I don't own a weed whacker.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"
Quote from: "Wulf"
Total Number of gun deaths per year: 38,000

Suicides: 28,500

Gang and Drug: 7,885

Remaining: 1,615

If not for gangs and drugs, the number of murders by guns is below 1,700 in a country of 330,000,000 people. Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world.

And IF your grandmother had wheels, she'd be a bicycle.

So, if I read your data correctly, if you don't do drugs and don't belong to a gang, you have no need for a weapon. So, the argument for self defence is void.

If you ARE a member of a gang, or have convictions for drug dealing, aren't you forbidden from owning or possessing a firearm?

So, where do these gang and drug industry firearms come from? Is there a special factory that manufactures guns just for bad people? How do they get their hands on full auto firearms, which I believe are illegal?

Brick, brick, brick, you are not paying attention! A lot of these questions have been answered.

You are dodging a lot of other questions too btw.

Like that pic I showed you, of how our police are trained to shoot at kids and such, around the time 2 billion rounds were purchased. Would that not bother you if you lived in a country that was known to kill its citizens?

Btw, there is also a law, that legally allows the government to kill up to a certain number of citizens, was made in the 70s I believe. Was up to 2000-5000 or some shit back then. Im sure the number is higher now. I use to be able to find it, but now its been scrubbed from the net, like a lot of other info I knew before.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Ok, so a guy went on a stabbing spree in California, killing 4 and injuring others. Shall we ban knives now? Brick?

Bricktop

There are as yet undiscovered tribes in the heart of the Peruvian jungle that knew you'd raise that issue.

The fact that people are murdered by a range of implements is NOT the issue.

However, since you raise it, how many people died as a result of knife related injuries in the last 12 months compared to firearms? I would guess less than 1% of gun deaths.

When is the last time a knife wielder killed 22 people in less than a minute?

Bricktop

Oh, by the way, police have been using diverse target cutouts for years. They are often used as decoys.

This is because the earlier silhouettes were of white males.

Zetsu

I believe the problem is when everyone can easily purchase guns, then so can criminals, and in the end it doesn't solve the problem but just creates a vicious cycle.  IIRC a lot of gangs in Canada illegally obtain their guns from the US.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Blazor"

If not for gangs and drugs, the number of murders by guns is below 1,700 in a country of 330,000,000 people. Remove the gangs and drugs, and the US is one of the SAFEST countries in the world.

So, if I read your data correctly, if you don't do drugs and don't belong to a gang, you have no need for a weapon. So, the argument for self defence is void.

If you ARE a member of a gang, or have convictions for drug dealing, aren't you forbidden from owning or possessing a firearm?

So, where do these gang and drug industry firearms come from? Is there a special factory that manufactures guns just for bad people? How do they get their hands on full auto firearms, which I believe are illegal?

Brick, brick, brick, you are not paying attention! A lot of these questions have been answered.

Like that pic I showed you, of how our police are trained to shoot at kids and such, around the time 2 billion rounds were purchased. Would that not bother you if you lived in a country that was known to kill its citizens?

Btw, there is also a law, that legally allows the government to kill up to a certain number of citizens, was made in the 70s I believe. Was up to 2000-5000 or some shit back then. Im sure the number is higher now. I use to be able to find it, but now its been scrubbed from the net, like a lot of other info I knew before.

Hong Kong's SDU(Special Duties Unit), basically their swat train their police using the same method, don't let the impression of innocence fool ya.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"I believe the problem is when everyone can easily purchase guns, then so can criminals, and in the end it doesn't solve the problem but just creates a vicious cycle.  IIRC a lot of gangs in Canada illegally obtain their guns from the US.

It's not easy for anyone with a violent criminal record to get a PAL, even just a restricted one.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"There are as yet undiscovered tribes in the heart of the Peruvian jungle that knew you'd raise that issue.

The fact that people are murdered by a range of implements is NOT the issue.

However, since you raise it, how many people died as a result of knife related injuries in the last 12 months compared to firearms? I would guess less than 1% of gun deaths.

When is the last time a knife wielder killed 22 people in less than a minute?

Exactly, a gun is just a tool.

According to this link (first one I clicked on), death by knife was at 15% compared to firearms in 2017. So a lot higher than you imagined.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11.xls">https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/20 ... ble-11.xls">https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2017/crime-in-the-u.s.-2017/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11.xls

I couldnt tell ya on mass knife killing. BUT, a knife is silent, and one could easily rampage if they wanted, sneaking up on folks, stab, on to next victim. A silent attack you dont see coming til too late.

Of course I would not ban knives either, same as a car, or alcohol. Thus the same should be applied to a gun, since it is the one pulling the trigger, and not the TOOL itself doing the killing.

Blazor

Quote from: "Bricktop"Oh, by the way, police have been using diverse target cutouts for years. They are often used as decoys.

This is because the earlier silhouettes were of white males.

Can you show me an example?

I know those "no hesitation" targets came about under Obama's rule.

Blazor

Quote from: "Zetsu"I believe the problem is when everyone can easily purchase guns, then so can criminals, and in the end it doesn't solve the problem but just creates a vicious cycle.  IIRC a lot of gangs in Canada illegally obtain their guns from the US.

Not everyone, but I know what you are saying. A lot of gangs here dont obtain them legally either. Then you have our own government giving them to criminals, like in Operation Fast and Furious.

Blazor

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Hong Kong's SDU(Special Duties Unit), basically their swat train their police using the same method, don't let the impression of innocence fool ya.

For how long have they done so, and do you have an example too? Im honestly curious.

But the 2 billion rounds of ammo purchases, Im sure Hong Kong did not do that. Thats a red flag to me, especially when combined with the targets they put out at the same time.