Replies: 8492
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:59 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

This is getting redundant

Started by Lynn.F, August 12, 2019, 03:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynn.F

Guys. Seriously? All this trouble for a "flame" forum? Instead of making it more complicated. Look, I understand how some BC members might be turned "off" at the idea of "flaming". Okay, I get it. It's not for everyone.

But to make up a rule in the "flame" forum about not bringing up "old grudges" and what one can or cannot "flame" about; is just plain silly.

Now, Rotwang, Fat Danny all these guys guys know what the deal is. If you had your "flame" forum open for 5 years, there will be "grudges" by BC members, because that's how people are. It's human nature.

But don't sit on the fence. You either are going to let flamers flame, or you're not. But make up your minds. Also, if people don't like the flame content, they don't have to set forth into the forum.

What really amuses me, are the people who don't post in the "flame" forum except to point out they "don't understand it". Yet, why are they in the flame forum in the first place?

Does not make sense for people so against it, yet they're obviously reading. I don't know why TBC has so many uptight posters?

sasquatch

Except "grudges" are not flaming. Flaming is flaming. If you don't like it that Rotwang just kicked our the tard brigade's biggest crutch(bad rotwang for picking on the disabled, btw), then nobody is holding you here.

Anonymous

I don't know what flaming is except what people who have been on flame forums tell me what it is..

And there seems to be a difference of opinion among flamers themselves as to what constitutes flaming.

:confused1:

Lynn.F

Quote from: "sasquatch"Except "grudges" are not flaming. Flaming is flaming. If you don't like it that Rotwang just kicked our the tard brigade's biggest crutch(bad rotwang for picking on the disabled, btw), then nobody is holding you here.

That's not my point. My point being, either have a "flame"forum or don't. But don't have one with 1,324,231 "amended rules".

Say can be said of you Danny. Or are you looking to get your foot in as a moderator? If that's the case, then your obvious asskissing makes sense.

Oh but wait! Didn't you get shit-canned over at FT for being an overall dipshit?

So Sunday has come and gone, and where is this big "revelation" at?

Lynn.F

Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't know what flaming is except what people who have been on flame forums tell me what it is..

And there seems to be a difference of opinion among flamers themselves as to what constitutes flaming.

"Flaming" is anytime yUo insult someone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lynn.F"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I don't know what flaming is except what people who have been on flame forums tell me what it is..

See, that's what I mean..

That's one definition or at least a partial definition of flaming.

Rotwang

Since you asked...

This is not a FLAME forum. It is a general discussion forum with a section for flaming. Thus, the flame section must comply with forum rules, as you yourself have learned.

Flaming is not flinging accusations of real life indiscretions and personal grudges.

I've made it clear that flaming in this community is about fun and entertainment. If you want to hurl personal insults at someone who accused you of being malodorous, this is the wrong place.

You broke one of the forum rules. You were not banned, nor were your other posts affected. So I fail to see why you feel restricted.

Blurt

Aimin\' to misbehave.

Bricktop

Lynn.F

Quote from: "Rotwang"Since you asked...

This is not a FLAME forum. It is a general discussion forum with a section for flaming. Thus, the flame section must comply with forum rules, as you yourself have learned.

Flaming is not flinging accusations of real life indiscretions and personal grudges.

I've made it clear that flaming in this community is about fun and entertainment. If you want to hurl personal insults at someone who accused you of being malodorous, this is the wrong place.

You broke one of the forum rules. You were not banned, nor were your other posts affected. So I fail to see why you feel restricted.

That wasn't the crux of my point. You state this is a "flame discussion" forum, yet had a "flame match" in this forum? Okay, I can understand if it was an experiment, like introducing a blood sport to a group of Buddists. But, why have the door swing open or closed halfway?

This is what you're forgetting Rotwang, flaming was built on past grudges, and perceived wrongs. When I state these things, I am talking about in a flame forum context, with no P.I. How are people to engage each other with no history? It was thought, if flamers started flaming, perhaps some built up passive-agressive anger would manifest into some BC feuds.

Just because you weren't having fun Rotwang, doesn't mean the rest of us weren't. This isn't the Bricktop/Rotwang show. Look, I don't take this serious enough  to warrant finding any P.I. on any of you, plus i'm too lazy. The things you're speaking of haven't been done by myself and most of the "flamers" here who have been posting. So for you to think that it would spiral into some P.I. swapping orgy, with you being the target is beyond crazy. Jesus man, paranoid much?

sasquatch

yeah, and what part of that means "moan about something that happened years ago and hold personal grudges about it"?

You fling insults at each other in fun and creative ways whether it's funny little story, or a song remix, or just flatout 1 liners, or whatever.

It is supposed to be fun and entertaining.

Pants Yamato

Flynn is upset because he can't decide if he wants to shave his face or ass today.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Pants Yamato"Flynn is upset because he can't decide if he wants to shave his face or ass today.

Hello Pants.

ac_hithere

Rotwang

This is what you're forgetting Rotwang, flaming was built on past grudges, and perceived wrongs

Is this why, perhaps, people in other forums regard you as an idiot?

Do not presume to tell me what flaming was built on, without at least informing yourself of who you are addressing.

Flaming was built on fun and humour, and the original proponents were skilled and articulate writers who could bring tears to your eyes with laughter, not malice and PI. However, less intelligent and creative individuals saw an opportunity to make themselves appear tough and intimidating, and lacking the prerequisite tools to flame for folly, resorted to PI and personal abuse in order to pretend they could flame. These cacophonous gibbons eventually undermined the foundations of what was the epicentre of brilliant and witty flaming, Brawl Hall. True flamers simply walked away from the immature bickering of the less endowed.

Your posts clearly fall into that category.

Flaming NEVER was about two former close and caring friends falling into dispute, and proceeding to carry that dispute into a forum by disclosing information that was personal and private and no business of members here. That, sunshine, is not "flaming". It may well be what you and most other contemporary "flamers" think is flaming, but it is simply petty and pointless bickering and abuse using anonymity as a safeguard.

Be that as it may, does my policy affect you in any way? Were any of your infantile rants dumped because they were not "flaming". You fell foul of a rule that has been in this forum since its inception, and was not in any way a measure of your ability to flame...or rather, lack of ability. The proprietor expects her mods to deal with the use of child abuse as a means of insult or abuse swiftly and emphatically, and that rule is fully supported by the members.

Anonymous

I find it ironic that flamers themselves can't agree on what flaming is.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview