A

Wexit

Started by Anonymous, October 22, 2019, 04:02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"They'll do anything to save their jobs and idiots will believe them...more than half of Canada is so blind and dumb.

But as long as they are giving me the run around and a hard time, I'll be a cunt and return the favor...better work, bitch.

Ontario wanted to privatize their government owned liquor and beer stores to balance the budget. Of course thei union spent big bucks buying air time saying there would be chaos in the streets if independent liquor stores wee allowed.

Yes, the government of Ontario controls alcohol retailing. Ford has allowed grocery stores to sell beer, but we still don't allow private liquor stores like the rest of the civilized world.

lol! apparently it is because of the lucrative contracts the beer store and LCBO has signed with the government and brewers and want to fight to keep that monopoly.

https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/dont-blame-doug-ford-for-the-costs-of-breaking-unfair-beer-retailing-contracts">https://business.financialpost.com/opin ... -contracts">https://business.financialpost.com/opinion/dont-blame-doug-ford-for-the-costs-of-breaking-unfair-beer-retailing-contracts

That is a big part of it.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I don't know much about politics, only that it is really messed up.  I always felt Canada should have 2 leaders, one for the west and one for the east.  Nobody is doing anything for western Canada...its like we don't exist. 9f course pms come to BC and talk bullshit and take selfies with our beautiful mountains in the background, but thats about it.  

If western Canada wants to separate, id support it.  Id support BC thru Manitoba separating.  I have family in all 4 of those provinces.  Ontario and Quebec can go fuck themselves since they think they are the only province in Canada that exists.  No more equalization payments  and they can take the national debt with them.

We would be a lot wealthier than the East.

Of course! I want our money to go to people in tgeir own provinces.  Bring back more funds for schooling, start breakfast programs at all schools, provide funded tutoring for ALL kids who want it, not this Oxford or Sullivan for $800/mo bullshit, more funds for medical assistance and mental health...the court system need to be revanped or overhauled, get all those old farts off the bench and replace them with those who are modernly trained and get with the fuckin program!  Good Lord, I could go on and on!

That sounds like you want a lot of expensive civil servants with defined benefit pensions hired. We won't be a rich country for long if we do that.

I fully agree, since most of the people are selfish and delusional we should tax people based on how much service they use, that's really the only system that can save Canada from going into any more debt.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I don't know much about politics, only that it is really messed up.  I always felt Canada should have 2 leaders, one for the west and one for the east.  Nobody is doing anything for western Canada...its like we don't exist. 9f course pms come to BC and talk bullshit and take selfies with our beautiful mountains in the background, but thats about it.  

If western Canada wants to separate, id support it.  Id support BC thru Manitoba separating.  I have family in all 4 of those provinces.  Ontario and Quebec can go fuck themselves since they think they are the only province in Canada that exists.  No more equalization payments  and they can take the national debt with them.

Of course! I want our money to go to people in tgeir own provinces.  Bring back more funds for schooling, start breakfast programs at all schools, provide funded tutoring for ALL kids who want it, not this Oxford or Sullivan for $800/mo bullshit, more funds for medical assistance and mental health...the court system need to be revanped or overhauled, get all those old farts off the bench and replace them with those who are modernly trained and get with the fuckin program!  Good Lord, I could go on and on!

That sounds like you want a lot of expensive civil servants with defined benefit pensions hired. We won't be a rich country for long if we do that.

I fully agree, since most of the people are selfish and delusional we should tax people based on how much service they use, that's really the only system that can save Canada from going into any more debt.

I can't recall where I read it, but someone posted that affluent people shouldn't be charged more for the same services that lower income people pay nothing for or very little.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I can't recall where I read it, but someone posted that affluent people shouldn't be charged more for the same services that lower income people pay nothing for or very little.

I believe that the way how it should be, especially if the poor pays little to nothing then yea the government should promote a free market and privatization of public organizations along with offering more tax refund to families that fully switches to private services over public ones, again both side wins.

Anonymous

I believe that the way how it should be, especially if the poor pays little to nothing then yea the government should promote a free market and privatization of public organizations along with offering more tax refund to families that fully switches to private services over public ones, again both side wins.

I know I miss income splitting that the Harper government brought in and the Trudeau government cancelled..

It saved our family about 2000 a year.

Zetsu

I know I miss income splitting that the Harper government brought in and the Trudeau government cancelled..

$2000 isn't bad tbh, it might not be a lot based on what you and your husband make but least it's still better than no savings.  I'm just glad Ontario had vote Doug Ford as our premier and remove Kathleen Wayne out of power before she could make things any more worst.

Anonymous

$2000 isn't bad tbh, it might not be a lot based on what you and your husband make but least it's still better than no savings.  I'm just glad Ontario had vote Doug Ford as our premier and remove Kathleen Wayne out of power before she could make things any more worst.

It made a difference when Harper brought in income splitting..

It was $2000 we could spend on our children's education and extracurricular activities instead of Ottawa taking it..

And we missed it when Justin Trudeau cancelled income splitting.

Anonymous

The average family with dependent kids can use two grand a lot more than Justine can.

Anonymous

Every time a government claims they are soaking the rich, we the working people pay.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"The average family with dependent kids can use two grand a lot more than Justine can.

We miss keeping that money..

I doubt Ottawa needs it as much as we do.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"The average family with dependent kids can use two grand a lot more than Justine can.

Black face make up and costumes aint cheap.

Anonymous

Black face make up and costumes aint cheap.

Neither are mult million dollar payouts to killer terrorists.

Berry Sweet

Of course not Berry..

They often use all their paid sick days at once and take a paid three week vacation..

This is on top of their annual paid vacations..

It's an abuse of the system and it's wrong.

Absolutely.  And one reason why it keeps happening is because nobody says anything.[/quote]

The Alberta Union of Public Employees will never allow any provincial government to take away this abused perk.[/quote]

A lot of things are just wrong on so many levels.

Anonymous

Of course not Berry..

They often use all their paid sick days at once and take a paid three week vacation..

This is on top of their annual paid vacations..

It's an abuse of the system and it's wrong.

Absolutely.  And one reason why it keeps happening is because nobody says anything.

The Alberta Union of Public Employees will never allow any provincial government to take away this abused perk.[/quote]

A lot of things are just wrong on so many levels.[/quote]

It's standard among provincial civil services across Canada and the federal civil service.

Anonymous

Quiet on the West front

Trudeau fiddles while Prairies burn

Justin Trudeau loves standing up for Canadian jobs, as long as those jobs are in Quebec, or maybe somewhere else in central Canada. When it comes to jobs or companies leaving places like Alberta, Trudeau is silent.

"One of the fundamental jobs of any prime minister is to stand up for the public interest, to stand up for Canadian jobs," Trudeau said at a campaign stop in Toronto in September.

He had been asked about his actions on the SNC_ Lavalin file, a file where the PM went so far as to actually break the ethics law. He was found guilty of breaching the ethics act and may still be found guilty of obstruction of justice.

It was all worth it to Trudeau because in his mind, he was protecting jobs and keeping the head office of a major company in Quebec.

Yet when Encana, a Calgary-based company with a history dating back to the 1880s, announces that it will change its name to drop reference to Canada and that they will "domesticate" in the United States, there is nothing. The man who conducts foreign diplomacy by Twitter and who signals how great Canada is in 280 characters or less suddenly can't find the app on his phone.

As I write, Trudeau has been silent on this issue. His office, asked for comment, has yet to respond.

Compare this reaction to how far out of his way Trudeau went for SNC-Lavalin. Or perhaps compare how his government dealt with news of GM winding down jobs at their Oshawa plant.

Officials in the Ford government tell me they were in contact with the feds almost hourly, the PM and Premier Ford spoke directly. Has Trudeau called Alberta Premier Jason Kenney on this?

Not yet.

Sure, this isn't exactly the same thing, but for Alberta it is very similar. A major player is leaving for the U.S. and our federal government is all but silent.

There have been people claiming this is no big deal, that Encana was a badly managed company anyway. I think you could say the same about SNC-Lavalin. I mean when you keep getting charged with bribery and the like in this country and elsewhere, I'd say that is a badly managed company.

Yet, Trudeau would go so far as to interfere in a criminal prosecution for SNC, he can't pick up the phone for Encana.

Is the departure of this once Canadian giant all Trudeau's fault? No, of course not, but that doesn't mean it isn't a factor. Encana is hardly alone. Citadel Drilling was recently profiled as a company that moved its oil rigs from Alberta to Texas and they are not alone. The number of oil rigs in Canada has been cut by close to half over the last several years. Investment in the sector has slowed considerably.

Meanwhile, [size=150]companies that are not investing in Canada's oil patch are more than happy to invest in the oil business in the United States where the regulatory and tax regimes are friendlier and the business climate more stable than what we have here.[/size]

Trudeau was re-elected last week without a single MP in Alberta and Saskatchewan. He has acknowledged that western alienation is a problem that his government will have to deal with.

Yet, [size=150]presented with a chance to show he cares, that he understands, that he wants to help, Trudeau has stayed silent.

That wouldn't happen if Encana was based in Quebec or Ontario.[/size]