News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Remember the 2011 riot over the Canucks?

Started by Berry Sweet, October 26, 2019, 08:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

I was having dinner with the kid and we were talking hockey...I told her about the riot and she didn't believe me, so I showed her videos of everything that happened...she was shocked and kept saying, "over a hockey game!?"   :laugh3:   welcome to the real world kid! Have fun being a teenager!!

Vancouver

The rioters were criminals disguised as so called hockey fans. 2011 the fans sure showed their true colours. Downtown's full of cameras. So many fans were shamed and charged.
Time is malleable

Zetsu

Lol I still remember that night, fking ass morons, oh wait HK isn't much better :43(2):
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I was having dinner with the kid and we were talking hockey...I told her about the riot and she didn't believe me, so I showed her videos of everything that happened...she was shocked and kept saying, "over a hockey game!?"   :laugh3:   welcome to the real world kid! Have fun being a teenager!!

They destroy their city over hockey, but yet their biggest fear is a 36 inch in diameter piece of steel in the ground that moves crude oil. What a messed up city.

Gaon

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I was having dinner with the kid and we were talking hockey...I told her about the riot and she didn't believe me, so I showed her videos of everything that happened...she was shocked and kept saying, "over a hockey game!?"   :laugh3:   welcome to the real world kid! Have fun being a teenager!!

I came to Canada in 2017, but I have heard about the ice hockey riot.
The Russian Rock It

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Gaon"

I came to Canada in 2017, but I have heard about the ice hockey riot.

Google it...there videos of it on you tube...nasty bunch of people...there was also another one in 1994.

Berry Sweet

I was dt in van that afternoon doing some stuff...there were people everywhere and those blue fences set up in a lot of places...I felt very uncomfortable and hopped on the sky train and left to go home...thank god I did cause this shit broke out and they shut down the sky train.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"The rioters were criminals disguised as so called hockey fans. 2011 the fans sure showed their true colours. Downtown's full of cameras. So many fans were shamed and charged.

Yes, apparently hundreds of them were charged.  A lot of them bitched about it.  Too bad for their dumbasses, they got what they deserved.  Could've been smart like me and left.

Gaon

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"The rioters were criminals disguised as so called hockey fans. 2011 the fans sure showed their true colours. Downtown's full of cameras. So many fans were shamed and charged.

Ah, that explains it.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

I remember the 1994 and 2011 riots very well.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"

I remember the 1994 and 2011 riots very well.

I remember seeing videos of the 2011 hockey riots......senseless.

Anonymous

I hope there is no rioting in Houston because the Astros lost.

kiebers

Nope, that should not happen. If it was going to happen, it would have been last night after the loss.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Nope, that should not happen. If it was going to happen, it would have been last night after the loss.

Yes, right after people start emptying the bars.