Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Don Cherry Out Over Comments

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, November 11, 2019, 03:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

He said what many Canadians think but won't say. What is the message here? That we can't criticize those who do not wear poppies? Why don't they wear poppies?
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

On the one hand he painted all immigrants with one brush stroke. But, on the other hand he never mentioned race.

@realAzhyaAryola

He said "you people" which could also cover all Canadians who do not wear a poppy.

He's been controversial and they may have been wanting to find reasons to get rid of him and they did.

He is right though. Today, I observed a lot of seemingly non-white people not wearing a poppy. He was criticizing that "obliviousness" to Canada's culture.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"He said "you people" which could also cover all Canadians who do not wear a poppy.

He's been controversial and they may have been wanting to find reasons to get rid of him and they did.

He is right though. Today, I observed a lot of seemingly non-white people not wearing a poppy. He was criticizing that "obliviousness" to Canada's culture.

Most people under the age of thirty don't wear a poppy. That's just what I've observed.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Velvet"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"He said "you people" which could also cover all Canadians who do not wear a poppy.

Most people under the age of thirty don't wear a poppy. That's just what I've observed.

Then that is just too bad. Don Cherry was just expressing his opinion but why should he be silenced? Is that what the left wants now to make the world silent about opinions such as these? They want us all to be just ONE-SIDED? God help us all.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "Velvet"

Then that is just too bad. Don Cherry was just expressing his opinion but why should he be silenced? Is that what the left wants now to make the world silent about opinions such as these? They want us all to be just ONE-SIDED? God help us all.

He shouldn't have been fired for this.

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

cc

QuoteIs that what the left wants now to make the world silent about opinions such as these?

They want us all to be just ONE-SIDED?

Yes. More and more every day now.

Cherry issue aside, THAT is where we are now

Worse, I see no reversal coming ... only deeper and deeper toward total control

And yes, in the end I do see "total" - 1984 is no longer just a theoretical fantasy .. and is "the near future" and not the past
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "cc"
QuoteIs that what the left wants now to make the world silent about opinions such as these?

They want us all to be just ONE-SIDED?

Yes. More and more every day now.

Cherry issue aside, THAT is where we are now

Worse, I see no reversal coming ... only deeper and deeper toward total control

And yes, in the end I do see "total" - 1984 is no longer just a theoretical fantasy .. and is "the near future" and not the past

CRAP!
@realAzhyaAryola

cc

In the world of a very few years ago, Cherry's issue would have been very minor, a few gripes from a very few,   and the world would have moved on

And in fact, in that world he would have received much support ... but the issue here is very effective censorship

There are actually 2 "today" issues here. "Respect being a given" is the other
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Zetsu

It's kind of scary how people can lose their career over something so petty.  Freaking unbelievable, that White people today have turned into nothing but a bunch of sheeps.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Permanently off his rocker