News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

I think the forums need to amalgamate...

Started by Anonymous, January 01, 2020, 05:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Guest"
...and yet you never got along with the people who run VF or this forum.

So why would you want it under one roof?

It's like an unhappy marriage.

More posters in one place = more fun, more action, more entertainment, and more enlightenment.

Sadly, this simple concept is generally lost on the current batch of forum Admins.

As I said, serious discussions about merging these forums are ongoing..

There is a sticking point, but there is a will to do it..

I doubt VF will ever be part of a merger because evs would insist on hosting..

That would be more of a takeover than a merger.

Anonymous

However, I know too that this can never happen.  I prefer open Guest posting, as opposed to a closed Reg-only forum (which is why I tend to avoid certain forums).  Others do not see things this way.

I just know that historically, if you get enough quality Guests posting, idiots like Semen are quickly drowned out no matter how much he shits up a board.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"
Flea has said several times she wants you over at SG

And I do appreciate that.  However, that forum goes against the one thing I've always fought hard to preserve:  Open Guest posting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have dealt with Evs for the last 15 years, and you are correct.  She is impossible to deal with rationally at any level.

Anonymous

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "ThugLife"
Flea has said several times she wants you over at SG

And I do appreciate that.  However, that forum goes against the one thing I've always fought hard to preserve:  Open Guest posting.
Her and I have been discussing this recently and she's much more open to the idea

Sorting out a few particulars but you may just see this come to fruition very soon

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

I have dealt with Evs for the last 15 years, and you are correct.  She is impossible to deal with rationally at any level.

Evs is not interested in a merger and that's her business.

Anonymous

Evs is not interested in a merger and that's her business.

Evs is a nutcase.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"Her and I have been discussing this recently and she's much more open to the idea

Sorting out a few particulars but you may just see this come to fruition very soon

Some of us come from original DV, where it was only Guest posting.  Much like 4chan is today, except with no subforums at all.  One main board, all Guest posting.  It was an amazing thing at times.

That wouldn't suit many posters today that are used to Registration Only, and Avatars full of bling, likes, dislikes, stars, awards, medals, sigs, links, slogans, and whatever other shit they can cram into every post, but the simplicity was a beautiful thing at times, and when it did work, it worked well...

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"Her and I have been discussing this recently and she's much more open to the idea

Some of us come from original DV, where it was only Guest posting.  Much like 4chan is today, except with no subforums at all.  One main board, all Guest posting.  It was an amazing thing at times.

That wouldn't suit many posters today that are used to Registration Only, and Avatars full of bling, likes, dislikes, stars, awards, medals, sigs, links, slogans, and whatever other shit they can cram into every post, but the simplicity was a beautiful thing at times, and when it did work, it worked well...

You are one of the few people left from those days..

But, that was during the heydays of forums and it will never happen again..

I used to be on a forum with 20,000 members.

Anonymous

I know it can never happen again quite like that, but I've always been of the opinion that it never hurts to try!

I spent money on a domain, on a host, and set up my own shit even though I sadly don't quite have the technical skills to fine tune a server/forum to my likings.

I managed to do that.  There is no reason why this simple endeavor could not be experimented with by more skilled individuals!

Biggie Smiles

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"What type of server tuning would you need?

I had a problem navigating through Cloud VPS...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"I know it can never happen again quite like that, but I've always been of the opinion that it never hurts to try!

I spent money on a domain, on a host, and set up my own shit even though I sadly don't quite have the technical skills to fine tune a server/forum to my likings.

I managed to do that.  There is no reason why this simple endeavor could not be experimented with by more skilled individuals!

How's your forum going Mel?

Anonymous

How's your forum going Mel?

I don't know.  I haven't viewed it for a couple of days.

I get like that, when I can't offer a product that I'm happy with.  I become disappointed when I know I don't have the skills to fine tune the entire forum as I would like to see it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview