News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

I think the forums need to amalgamate...

Started by Anonymous, January 01, 2020, 05:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
How's your forum going Mel?

I don't know.  I haven't viewed it for a couple of days.

I get like that, when I can't offer a product that I'm happy with.  I become disappointed when I know I don't have the skills to fine tune the entire forum as I would like to see it.

That's too bad.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "ThugLife"What type of server tuning would you need?

I had a problem navigating through Cloud VPS...

Simple stuff.

Although i cant think of a reason to get to that level unless you're installing for the first time or upgrading

I was also under the impression that evs was doing the hosting for you

No?

Anonymous

That's too bad.

It is.  It's much like my new house...  I get discouraged and often lose all drive once I hit that "wall"...  I try, but I am not a plumber, an electrician, or a drywaller...  Nor I am I trained to program Scripts either.

Nonetheless, I do try, and eventually get the job done proper...  It's just that when you are OCD and have relatively high standards, these things do get frustrating to the point where I just have to step away for a bit, drink some beer, and attack at another time.

People with ADHD like me are also bad for starting 20 projects at once also...  So now there's 20 fucking things on the go, instead of starting and completing one or two at a time...

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"
Although i cant think of a reason to get to that level unless you're installing for the first time or upgrading

No?

I have my own domain and server now, as Evs wanted to start posting ads on that subforum.  For various reasons I won't get into, I would not permit her to place ads, which in turn led her to kick my sub off her host...

Anonymous

No?

I have my own domain and server now, as Evs wanted to start posting ads on that subforum.  For various reasons I won't get into, I would not permit her to place ads, which in turn led her to kick my sub off her host...

I think it's for the best you are on your own.

Biggie Smiles

Anonymous

I think it's for the best you are on your own.

It's the only way, although it would be just easier to post on other forums to be honest...

One reason I would not permits ads, is even though I was, and still am, permabanned from her main board, she still had the nerve to trash talk me constantly there.  And she had the nerve to think she could then gain Google Ad revenue from my board, which was actually picking up viewership numbers at a fairly decent pace for what the board was...

Anonymous

Quote from: "ThugLife"So what exactly was it that you couldnt figure out

Everything.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "ThugLife"So what exactly was it that you couldnt figure out

Everything.

Bit of a broad statement

Host is running centos or some other linux variant?

Which forum software are you looking to run ?

Anonymous

Two main problems so far:  I cannot get Filezilla (FTP) to connect to server.

Second problem?  I don't know script well enough to customize the forum as to how I want it, and the only way to customize is to know script.  Or pay someone that knows...

Anonymous

But my biggest disgust it that I cannot figure out how to eliminate all forums from the board, and just run threads on the main board automatically...

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Mel"Two main problems so far:  I cannot get Filezilla (FTP) to connect to server.

Second problem?  I don't know script well enough to customize the forum as to how I want it, and the only way to customize is to know script.  Or pay someone that knows...

FTP is one of two problems

A) port 21 is not opened via iptables or the darmon is not running to begin with

B) your firewall does not handle the incoming data connection ( this one will appear as a blank cursor that does nothing when you attempt to upload/download a file or do a directory listing

Not sure what you mean by "script "   Shell script? Java script? Php sccipt?

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Mel"But my biggest disgust it that I cannot figure out how to eliminate all forums from the board, and just run threads on the main board automatically...

Which forum platform ?

I know smf pretty well as that is what i used as the foundation to build SG and Murdys board but it's all the same shit under the hood eventually

Anonymous

I don't know what the problem with Filezilla is...  I changed the Master password issued, and then tossed it, but does the server still require the issued Master Pass to access?  I don't know...  Port 21 I always select.

Firewall is the only thing that I haven't disabled yet, but will try that...

And by script I mean shit like below, which I have altered some to get forum as need be, but just don't have the skills required to do what I want...

https://i.ibb.co/VVY31wG/Capture.png">

Anonymous

Which forum platform ?

I know smf pretty well as that is what i used as the foundation to build SG and Murdys board but it's all the same shit under the hood eventually

MyBB...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview