News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8358
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I think the forums need to amalgamate...

Started by Anonymous, January 01, 2020, 05:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Mel"I don't know what the problem with Filezilla is...  I changed the Master password issued, and then tossed it, but does the server still require the issued Master Pass to access?  I don't know...  Port 21 I always select.

Firewall is the only thing that I haven't disabled yet, but will try that...

And by script I mean shit like below, which I have altered some to get forum as need be, but just don't have the skills required to do what I want...

https://i.ibb.co/VVY31wG/Capture.png">

You shouldn't be working at that level unless you really know what you're doing. Something as simple as a missing bracket or comma can render the entire script useless

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "ThugLife"
Which forum platform ?

I know smf pretty well as that is what i used as the foundation to build SG and Murdys board but it's all the same shit under the hood eventually

MyBB...

Pretty sure they have a front end user interface that you interact with to get the forum operational

What's the domain name ?

Anonymous

You shouldn't be working at that level unless you really know what you're doing. Something as simple as a missing bracket or comma can render the entire script useless

I have altered about 20+ forum actions via script, which is the only way I could do so...  No other way to do so.  Only one time did forum lock up, but luckily I Copy & Paste every change before I do so, so errors can quickly be fixed in seconds with the Back Button!   :laugh:

Anonymous

Anonymous

I don't understand it, but I also used to spend hours as a kid inputting machine language into my Commode 64.  Part of that is pictured below.  One fuckup, and the program would simply not run.  There was no room for error.  Sometimes a Syntax error would direct you to the problem, but more often than not if you fucked even one character up, you were fucked!   :laugh:

https://i.ibb.co/wsdGqyk/code-type-in.png">

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: "Mel"
What's the domain name ?

https://theroadhouse.online/">https://theroadhouse.online/

Nmap scan report for theroadhouse.online (68.65.122.204)

Host is up (0.095s latency).

rDNS record for 68.65.122.204: premium24-4.web-hosting.com

Not shown: 988 filtered ports

PORT    STATE SERVICE

21/tcp  open  ftp

25/tcp  open  smtp

26/tcp  open  rsftp

53/tcp  open  domain

80/tcp  open  http

110/tcp open  pop3

143/tcp open  imap

443/tcp open  https

465/tcp open  smtps

587/tcp open  submission

993/tcp open  imaps

995/tcp open  pop3s

Well, it certainly isn't that FTP isn't listening or a firewall issue on the server side. Tell your filezillia client to enter "passive mode" . Look for that in your configuration settings and check the box when you find it.

Not sure why your server is listening on so many incoming mail ports and if you're allowing relaying that's a really good way to get yourself on an internet blacklist in a hurry

Anonymous

Nmap scan report for theroadhouse.online (68.65.122.204)

Host is up (0.095s latency).

rDNS record for 68.65.122.204: premium24-4.web-hosting.com

Not shown: 988 filtered ports

PORT    STATE SERVICE

21/tcp  open  ftp

25/tcp  open  smtp

26/tcp  open  rsftp

53/tcp  open  domain

80/tcp  open  http

110/tcp open  pop3

143/tcp open  imap

443/tcp open  https

465/tcp open  smtps

587/tcp open  submission

993/tcp open  imaps

995/tcp open  pop3s

Well, it certainly isn't that FTP isn't listening or a firewall issue on the server side. Tell your filezillia client to enter "passive mode" . Look for that in your configuration settings and check the box when you find it.

Not sure why your server is listening on so many incoming mail ports and if you're allowing relaying that's a really good way to get yourself on an internet blacklist in a hurry

As stated, this is not my forte, sadly...

Blurt

Quote from: "Mel"I just know that historically, if you get enough quality Guests posting, idiots like Semen are quickly drowned out no matter how much he shits up a board.

Yes, unfortunately they're drowned out by even bigger idiots.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"
Quote from: "Mel"I just know that historically, if you get enough quality Guests posting, idiots like Semen are quickly drowned out no matter how much he shits up a board.

It's hard to believe they get anymore idiotic than Sea Dunce.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "Blurt"

It's hard to believe they get anymore idiotic than Sea Dunce.

You are fat.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"...all of them.  It is the only way for success.

A good many of the forums were born out of a desire for individuals to order matters to their own specification. This included (but was not limited to) the #cancelculture mentality of locking out anyone they had a problem with and squabbling over who could to excuse it on the back of "because we're the only game in town". Two solid decades of this nepotism and the petty banhammers employed in the attempt to enforce it, coupled with the hormonally mercurial angst practiced by those who couldn't buy the unquestioning servitude they desired no matter how many panels they threw at the equation has resulted in the splintered, under-patronized echo chambers you bemoan today. Any attempt to consign their twitching remains to any one forum owner's cudgel will only see it splinter again, if not evaporate entirely.

The air got sucked out of the room the minute pathetic little wankers decided it was preferable to micromanage the efforts of their contributors and outright slander those they couldn't get one over on any other way. This in turn invited ever more immature and banal displays of shitposting which in too many cases was not only tolerated, but actively held up as the zenith of what posting should be. This is the result. Better that you enjoy the twilight while it still glimmers instead of trying to secure a brighter future for this web ring because quite frankly, nobody prepared to stump up the hosting costs has the patience or inclination to give it one.

Sorry about your penis. If it really bugs you that much, you could do a lot worse than hauling ass to a platform where the incompetent jackoffs that wrecked this one aren't smart enough to figure out the basics for and must therefore remain behind instead, crowing about their ultimate success at reaching the top of a well worn heap as the puddle dries up around them.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Some of us come from original DV, where it was only Guest posting.  Much like 4chan is today, except with no subforums at all.  One main board, all Guest posting.  It was an amazing thing at times.

That wouldn't suit many posters today that are used to Registration Only, and Avatars full of bling, likes, dislikes, stars, awards, medals, sigs, links, slogans, and whatever other shit they can cram into every post....

...along with lambasting anyone who prefers to eschew such trifles with cries of "cowardice" in the hopes they'll present themselves at the registration window post haste. I seem to remember that was a thing here, right before guest posting was turned off in the middle of last year.

#bringback8chan

Anonymous

It's time to bring back the fun...  Most of the posts at this forum are Guest posts, as an example.  You know who I am, and that is good enough!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"It's time to bring back the fun...  Most of the posts at this forum are Guest posts, as an example.  You know who I am, and that is good enough!

Speaking as someone who has had previous occasion to share various accounts, I actually don't know who you are, nor do I overly care to. I'm content to let each of your individual contributions stand or fail on their own merits, and to respond accordingly.

I'm inclined to think (all other things being equal) that you would hasten to assure me the same. Which if you think about it is a far more adult way to behave than the incessant attempts to afford any person a "reputation" which might be trashed by other, less enlightened types who place unwarranted importance in such.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Mel"...all of them.  It is the only way for success.

A good many of the forums were born out of a desire for individuals to order matters to their own specification. This included (but was not limited to) the #cancelculture mentality of locking out anyone they had a problem with and squabbling over who could to excuse it on the back of "because we're the only game in town". Two solid decades of this nepotism and the petty banhammers employed in the attempt to enforce it, coupled with the hormonally mercurial angst practiced by those who couldn't buy the unquestioning servitude they desired no matter how many panels they threw at the equation has resulted in the splintered, under-patronized echo chambers you bemoan today. Any attempt to consign their twitching remains to any one forum owner's cudgel will only see it splinter again, if not evaporate entirely.

The air got sucked out of the room the minute pathetic little wankers decided it was preferable to micromanage the efforts of their contributors and outright slander those they couldn't get one over on any other way. This in turn invited ever more immature and banal displays of shitposting which in too many cases was not only tolerated, but actively held up as the zenith of what posting should be. This is the result. Better that you enjoy the twilight while it still glimmers instead of trying to secure a brighter future for this web ring because quite frankly, nobody prepared to stump up the hosting costs has the patience or inclination to give it one.

Sorry about your penis. If it really bugs you that much, you could do a lot worse than hauling ass to a platform where the incompetent jackoffs that wrecked this one aren't smart enough to figure out the basics for and must therefore remain behind instead, crowing about their ultimate success at reaching the top of a well worn heap as the puddle dries up around them.

Damn, that covers it nicely.

">

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview