The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Australia wildfires

Started by Vancouver, January 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "seoulbro"The inland taipan snake is the most venomous snake in Australia and the world. I looked it up.

Australia has 9 out of the 10 most deadly snakes on the planet...

And guess what?

No one sees them.

You'll be safe on the Australian continent... trust me on this one.... Now, if you said you would be worried about flies carrying you off, then I'd say.. Sure!

I mostly see red bellied blacks on my property or in the area....
Blahhhhhh...

Vancouver

My condolence for the koala Bears and kangaroos. Many have died. We have a kangaroo farm here in a nearby city.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"My condolence for the koala Bears and kangaroos. Many have died. We have a kangaroo farm here in a nearby city.

There is?

Are they raised for meat?

Vancouver

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"My condolence for the koala Bears and kangaroos. Many have died. We have a kangaroo farm here in a nearby city.

There is?

Not sure. I don't think so. The Kangaroo Creek Farm is in Kelowna BC. Might drive out there this June.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

There is?

Not sure. I don't think so. The Kangaroo Creek Farm is in Kelowna BC. Might drive out there this June.

There is an exotic meat store that I know that sells farm raised kangaroo meat..

I wonder where they buy it from?

ac_umm

Vancouver

There is?

There is an exotic meat store that I know that sells farm raised kangaroo meat..

ac_umm

Here is what Kangaroo Creek Farm has to say about Kangaroo meat.

"We've been asked quite a few times lately if we sell kangaroo meat.  NO.  Absolutely NOT.  All the kangaroo meat that is on the market is from wild culled sources in Australia.  Australia culls millions of kangaroos every year.  Most of the meat goes into  dog and cat food but some choice cuts are packaged for human consumption and exported to about 50 different countries, Canada included.  It is possible to buy Australian origin kangaroo meat in Kelowna.  It's touted as being of a higher nutritional quality than beef or chicken but I still don't fancy it.  Sentiment aside, eating a North American kangaroo would be a very expensive proposition since buying live kangaroos from Australia is not possible and hasn't been since the 1960's.  Therefore, the kangaroos that are here in North America are very valuable animals. So worry not, your favorite kangaroo is not going to get eaten!"
Time is malleable

Frood

Roo is very lean... and an acquired taste... most Australians don't eat it...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

There is?

ac_umm

"We've been asked quite a few times lately if we sell kangaroo meat.  NO.  Absolutely NOT.  All the kangaroo meat that is on the market is from wild culled sources in Australia.  Australia culls millions of kangaroos every year.  Most of the meat goes into  dog and cat food but some choice cuts are packaged for human consumption and exported to about 50 different countries, Canada included.  It is possible to buy Australian origin kangaroo meat in Kelowna.  It's touted as being of a higher nutritional quality than beef or chicken but I still don't fancy it.  Sentiment aside, eating a North American kangaroo would be a very expensive proposition since buying live kangaroos from Australia is not possible and hasn't been since the 1960's.  Therefore, the kangaroos that are here in North America are very valuable animals. So worry not, your favorite kangaroo is not going to get eaten!"

Okay, thank you TVG..

What do they raise kangaroos for?

Vancouver

There is?

ac_umm

Okay, thank you TVG..

You know, making buck loads from tourists.
Time is malleable

Thiel

There is?

ac_umm

Okay, thank you TVG..

That would barely cover their costs.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: "Thiel"

There is?

ac_umm

Okay, thank you TVG..

That would barely cover their costs.

Zoos don't usually survive off of charging visitor's alone.

Anonymous

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/3/eyJ3IjoxNjAwfQ%3D%3D/patreon-media/p/post/32490689/e40e4536c11648c0b89069ab3f666cf9/1.gif?token-time=1579824000&token-hash=jVZNQjqe3sk8bm7Loy1WcySq7jca6PPrWRZN8qvxm9g%3D">

Forgotten history: 50 degrees everywhere, right across Australia in the 1800s

Don't believe your lying eyes — Australian newspaper archives are full of temperatures recorded higher than 121 in the shade which is 50C.  All of these temperatures in the map below are found in historic newspaper archives. Measurements done after 1910 are even done with official Stevenson screens, yet the BOM "throws them away". It's true that ones done in the 1800s are often recorded on non-standard equipment, or are just literally "in the shade" under cover. So some of these, perhaps many, are one or two degrees too high. But even if we take two degrees off, how scary is global warming when Australia knew many days of 48C and 49C and some at 50C 120 years ago? The BOM — supposedly so concerned about the State of Our Climate — show little interest in talking about our history or in analyzing it, or even mentioning it.

And modern temperatures are recorded on electronic equipment, sometimes in areas affected by urban heat islands (concrete and cars).

https://www.patreon.com/posts/32490689?fbclid=IwAR1YOUhw0JoOElLHoViLFeLRmmNBT43WofCpEsv9qLVfjKg90YRy1FCk7qg">https://www.patreon.com/posts/32490689? ... YRy1FCk7qg">https://www.patreon.com/posts/32490689?fbclid=IwAR1YOUhw0JoOElLHoViLFeLRmmNBT43WofCpEsv9qLVfjKg90YRy1FCk7qg

caskur

Those temps are diabolical.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Those temps are diabolical.

Taiwan is very humid in the summer..

But, I couldn't imagine what fifty degrees must feel like.

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"Those temps are diabolical.

Taiwan is very humid in the summer..

But, I couldn't imagine what fifty degrees must feel like.

Not much different than 45c....
Blahhhhhh...