Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Australia wildfires

Started by Vancouver, January 03, 2020, 10:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

I learned that Koala Bears get most of their water from gum leaves.

"It can be dangerous to give koalas water poured into their mouth as they are not usually used to drinking, and a volume such as 10-20 [ml] can be 'aspirated', which means the water goes into the lungs instead of the oesophagus," a RSPCA South Australia spokesperson told 7NEWS.com.au in an interview.

"An animal can die from aspirating fluid."

Experts say the best way to help a dehydrated koala is to offer them water in a bowl or your hands, so they can gently lap up water. You can also use a small syringe to evenly and slowly put water into the koala's mouth.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I learned that Koala Bears get most of their water from gum leaves.

"It can be dangerous to give koalas water poured into their mouth as they are not usually used to drinking, and a volume such as 10-20 [ml] can be 'aspirated', which means the water goes into the lungs instead of the oesophagus," a RSPCA South Australia spokesperson told 7NEWS.com.au in an interview.

"An animal can die from aspirating fluid."

Experts say the best way to help a dehydrated koala is to offer them water in a bowl or your hands, so they can gently lap up water. You can also use a small syringe to evenly and slowly put water into the koala's mouth.

If they are dying of dehydration anyway, what does it matter.

Vancouver

Quote from: "Herman"
They just need to drink slow. Like 10mins to finish half a glass of water.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

If you can get them to drink slow.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"Finally, some common sense.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7860635/Australian-bushfire-crisis-183-people-arrested-24-charged-starting-fires.html?fbclid=IwAR2d-I-kxZKmBtzZPLZYOcPAMsfJOYwtc248BUB5CorgJ-tDoJ4d9AcW9EU">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... J4d9AcW9EU">https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7860635/Australian-bushfire-crisis-183-people-arrested-24-charged-starting-fires.html?fbclid=IwAR2d-I-kxZKmBtzZPLZYOcPAMsfJOYwtc248BUB5CorgJ-tDoJ4d9AcW9EU

Arson is not caused by climate change': Row breaks out over real cause of Australia's bushfires after it emerges more than 180 people have been arrested over blazes in the past year

And firemen backburn meaning the fucking fire brigade start the fires too
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"

Leave water out for them in a plastic dish or anything that can hold water.

Anonymous

They had heavy rain in much of Eastern Australia where most of the worst fires are.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Anonymous

I just watched a story on Sixty Minutes about the wildfires in Australia. Totally one sided, blaming Morrison's climate policies instead of the greenie politicians who created the perfect conditions for the bushfires. Even had an interview with former pm Turnbull blaming the current government's "lack of climate leadership."

Frood

Quote from: "Herman"I just watched a story on Sixty Minutes about the wildfires in Australia. Totally one sided, blaming Morrison's climate policies instead of the greenie politicians who created the perfect conditions for the bushfires. Even had an interview with former pm Turnbull blaming the current government's "lack of climate leadership."

It's the in thing... greenie bullshit...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"I just watched a story on Sixty Minutes about the wildfires in Australia. Totally one sided, blaming Morrison's climate policies instead of the greenie politicians who created the perfect conditions for the bushfires. Even had an interview with former pm Turnbull blaming the current government's "lack of climate leadership."

Certain groups and political parties blamed the Fort McMurray wildfires on Alberta's climate policies..

We know the fires were caused by human activity.

Thiel

There is nothing Australia can do stop the earth's climate from changing. If Mr Turnbull is saying otherwise, he is lying.
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

Quote from: "Thiel"

There is nothing Australia can do stop the earth's climate from changing. If Mr Turnbull is saying otherwise, he is lying.

But it's so fashionable!  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"

Don't all fashion trends eventually come to an end. When will this end.

Thiel

When will this end.

When they have all our money.
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

When will this end.

When they have all our money.

Yup...

Slavery never stopped... it just got cosmestic surgery...
Blahhhhhh...