The best topic

Replies: 10375
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:08:58 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Quit smoking...

Started by Berry Sweet, September 10, 2013, 12:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

No one likes a quitter!!

Just kiddin, good job Berry.

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Berry Sweet

lol...I'm still going strong...smoke free still...I'm surprised I haven't thought of having a smoke...I guess the thing that really does help, it that I really am sick of the whole smoking thing itself....I HATE having to find a lighter, go outside....it's cold or too hot....just a waste of time....and it's working!

Renee

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"lol...I'm still going strong...smoke free still...I'm surprised I haven't thought of having a smoke...I guess the thing that really does help, it that I really am sick of the whole smoking thing itself....I HATE having to find a lighter, go outside....it's cold or too hot....just a waste of time....and it's working!

Good job, Berry. Just be watchful for any other type of oral fixations (over-eating, excessive gum chewing, etc.) that you may develop to replace the smoking habit. They can be almost as harmful or annoying as smoking.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

Can I offer you a smoke?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYKoXwWIuMvk4yPDKbu8lFZo_zyqEfDPwWja9d9lvLKYaJ6N9fYA">

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"lol...I'm still going strong...smoke free still...I'm surprised I haven't thought of having a smoke...I guess the thing that really does help, it that I really am sick of the whole smoking thing itself....I HATE having to find a lighter, go outside....it's cold or too hot....just a waste of time....and it's working!

Good job, Berry. Just be watchful for any other type of oral fixations (over-eating, excessive gum chewing, etc.) that you may develop to replace the smoking habit. They can be almost as harmful or annoying as smoking.

Yeah, I gots the munchies!  uugh!!  But I stock up with a lot of fruit and vanilla special K (my fav!)...so I fill up on that!  I hate gum chewing!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Odinson"Can I offer you a smoke?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYKoXwWIuMvk4yPDKbu8lFZo_zyqEfDPwWja9d9lvLKYaJ6N9fYA">

^^ Those are gross!  I tried one years ago...it's like smoking poo or something...just nasty!  I smoked menthol...so I can never do a regular smoke...and I don't want to.

Renee

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Yeah, I gots the munchies!  uugh!!  But I stock up with a lot of fruit and vanilla special K (my fav!)...so I fill up on that!  I hate gum chewing!

Yeah, be careful of those munchies. I can attribute about a 30lb weight gain to quitting the smokes. Unfortunately for me the weight gain wasn't the really disturbing part, it was the fact that no one noticed.    :oops:  :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

keeper

you should come to Alberta and I will take you out to Dinner, we can celebrate. I promise I wont get you drunk

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"Can I offer you a smoke?

^^ Those are gross!  I tried one years ago...it's like smoking poo or something...just nasty!  I smoked menthol...so I can never do a regular smoke...and I don't want to.

You should try russian cigarettes... Marlboro tastes like sweet heaven compared to those.  :D

They pack punch though..

Odinson

Getting rid of the nicotine addiction is easy... Getting rid of the habit is the fucking hard part.

Eat some crackers when you feel like sucking something.

ThereĀ“s a cracker right here.  ;)

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Keeper"

you should come to Alberta and I will take you out to Dinner, we can celebrate. I promise I wont get you drunk

:D

Berry Sweet

No odie...I am sticking to my lemon ginger water....and if I get a craving for something, I stop and do some sit ups or lift my weights briefly....I don't wanna pack any pounds...so this seems to be healping a bit for now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"No odie...I am sticking to my lemon ginger water....and if I get a craving for something, I stop and do some sit ups or lift my weights briefly....I don't wanna pack any pounds...so this seems to be healping a bit for now.

Hmmm, I wonder if that would work for other cravings too? :?:

Renee

The best thing I found for eliminating cravings is sex. But then again if you are craving sex it doesn't exactly work either.  :o