The best topic

Replies: 10375
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:08:58 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Quit smoking...

Started by Berry Sweet, September 10, 2013, 12:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

...yep....that I did....didn't want to say anything until I hit the 1 month mark!  And here I am!

I've made so many attempts in the last 18 months, but this is the first one where I have had no desire to smoke at all and kept at it!  I didn't quit because of the money...I quit because of health reasons....I am a healthy person, I am fine...but just in general, smoking is bad and I care about my health more now that I am in my mid 30's.  I've encouraged LO over the years to bug me about quitting smoking and she has been of great help along the way!  She is very happy I stopped and proud of me!  It makes me feel good!

Just wanted to share this bit of info, cause this a huge step for me!  And I don't want to go back to smoking again...EVER!  I am going to do my darn hardest NEVER to pick up a smoke again!!!

Renee

Congratulations Berry. That is wonderful news.  :D

I know how hard it must have been because I've been thru it as well. I'm smoke free for almost 10 years now and quitting was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. I know you feel good right now but as you get older you will really appreciate what you did for yourself and your daughter.

Again, congrats and keep up the good work.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Saltydog

Good for you, you will feel better for it. While I never smoked I know people that have quit. Although you mentioned the decision wasn't financial, do keep track of how much money you save. After six months you will be surprised at how much money you saved that can go towards vacations and other cool stuff.

Vancouver

There's this really cute blonde at work that I really like. She's so cute but she smokes.
Time is malleable

Rambo Wong

Smoking is macho cool. Does that blonde like Chinese guys ? I like blondes

Odinson

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Smoking is macho cool. Does that blonde like Chinese guys ? I like blondes

I bet they donĀ“t like you...

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...yep....that I did....didn't want to say anything until I hit the 1 month mark!  And here I am!

I've made so many attempts in the last 18 months, but this is the first one where I have had no desire to smoke at all and kept at it!  I didn't quit because of the money...I quit because of health reasons....I am a healthy person, I am fine...but just in general, smoking is bad and I care about my health more now that I am in my mid 30's.  I've encouraged LO over the years to bug me about quitting smoking and she has been of great help along the way!  She is very happy I stopped and proud of me!  It makes me feel good!

Just wanted to share this bit of info, cause this a huge step for me!  And I don't want to go back to smoking again...EVER!  I am going to do my darn hardest NEVER to pick up a smoke again!!!

good for you......congrats....me i'm the opposite...........i love smoking always did...in fact if the dragon climbed on a plane and headed for home the first place i would go would be to a 7/11 to buy a pack of smokes.......i only quit cause she tricked me...like most women she is evil...when we got married i asked her what she wanted for a wedding present..i told her i would get her anything that was in my power to get.....she said she wanted me to quit smoking....fucking hell...what could i do but quit...hate every waking minute because of it...i started smoking in grade four...loved every puff i took...........fuck i want a smoke

Annie

Good for you Berry, it's def not an easy thing to do. I smoked a pack sometimes 2 from the time I was 12. I quit over 8 years ago when I found out I had a brain tumor.  I figured that if I survive the tumor and surgery, I didn't want to end up dying later from smoking. I'm still a non smoker :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Berry Sweet

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Thx everyone.

I am very happy with your success in giving up smoking Ms. Berry Sweet.

:)

Berry Sweet

It's disgusting.  it stinks..and now that winter is coming, all it does is rain...and I hate going out on my balcony in the cold dark rain, smoking....it's worth giving it up....I'll have more money to spend!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It's disgusting.  it stinks..and now that winter is coming, all it does is rain...and I hate going out on my balcony in the cold dark rain, smoking....it's worth giving it up....I'll have more money to spend!

I have heard cigarettes are expensive.

Annie

After I quit I couldn't believe how much money I saved. I ALWAYS have a few bucks in my pocket now. Smokes are like 10 bucks now aren't they? I figure I've saved about 200 bucks a month and I don't stink!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Annie

You'll notice others smoking and the smell will make you either sick or you'll crave it. I found it to make me want to hurl.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"...yep....that I did....didn't want to say anything until I hit the 1 month mark!  And here I am!

Congrats Berry, I knew once you set your mind to something it is going to happen. I am not going to pretend I know what it is like because I have never tried smoking, but from what I have heard quitting the cancer sticks is tough. I hope you stick with it.