Last post: Today at 03:33:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

I told you this was going to happen...

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2020, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
That is not good at all.

It's not.  And in the article I linked in my OP, you learn that the couple doesn't even know who called them in...  The police are under no obligation to say.

That said, since there is no requirement for reasonable suspicion now, the police don't even need a complaint.  They can enter your home randomly and test you, simply because they 'feel like it.'

When I posted my concerns about this here one year ago, of course Bricktop got uppity with me, claiming these laws are great laws.

For cops that like to abuse power, of course these are great laws.

I understand the importance of keeping drunks off the road.  I also understand the importance of not having the Gestapo randomly entering my house arbitrarily, for no other reason than me taking an uneventful drive down to the corner store...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
That is not good at all.

It's not.  And in the article I linked in my OP, you learn that the couple doesn't even know who called them in...  The police are under no obligation to say.

That said, since there is no requirement for reasonable suspicion now, the police don't even need a complaint.  They can enter your home randomly and test you, simply because they 'feel like it.'

When I posted my concerns about this here one year ago, of course Bricktop got uppity with me, claiming these laws are great laws.

For cops that like to abuse power, of course these are great laws.

I understand the importance of keeping drunks off the road.  I also understand the importance of not having the Gestapo randomly entering my house arbitrarily, for no other reason than me taking an uneventful drive down to the corner store...

Trudeau is turning this country into a police state.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Trudeau is turning this country into a police state.

Seems that way!

Reminds me of the High River, Alberta evacuation...  Once the town was evacuated, the cops did 'safety checks' to make sure nobody remained behind.  Of course, what they also did was kick in every door causing damage, and then seized all the rifles they could find as they rummaged through every single closet.

It was a PR nightmare for the RCMP after that, as they had no business snooping through homes in the first place!

What Trudy here has created, with Bill C-46, goes against everything we used to stand for:

"The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter -- all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Trudeau is turning this country into a police state.

Seems that way!

Reminds me of the High River, Alberta evacuation...  Once the town was evacuated, the cops did 'safety checks' to make sure nobody remained behind.  Of course, what they also did was kick in every door causing damage, and then seized all the rifles they could find as they rummaged through every single closet.

It was a PR nightmare for the RCMP after that, as they had no business snooping through homes in the first place!

What Trudy here has created, with Bill C-46, goes against everything we used to stand for:

"The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter -- all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!"

I remember that..

There were protests because of it.

Anonymous

I remember that..

There were protests because of it.

Yup.  Went from "wellness checks" to snooping through peoples kitchen drawers...

Just in case somebody forgot Grandma who lives in the kitchen drawer I suppose.

caskur

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Odinson"Our cops set-up checkpoints where they test all drivers..

But I havent been individually targeted.

I have. They let me through a couple of times when I probably would have blown over .08.

The limit in Australia is .05,

You would have been done here for .08
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"Imagine this scenario:  You and your wife are divorcing.  You get home after a hard day at work and bust out the Scotch, having a few drinks.  An hour later, because she hates you, she decides to call the cops saying you drove home drunk.

They will now come into your home and fuck up your shit, royally.

The onus is on you to prove that you didn't drive home drunk, which is impossible to prove.

That is not good at all.

Men can do worse to women if they want sole custody of the kids... They can ring the cops on their wives so don't play the sexist card here mate.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Federally the limit in Canada is 0.8, but most (if not all?) Provinces will begin to fuck your shit up at .05 also...

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

I have. They let me through a couple of times when I probably would have blown over .08.

Ideally, I'd like zero alcohol while driving, but your legal alcohol limit is better than ours.

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"

Ideally, I'd like zero alcohol while driving, but your legal alcohol limit is better than ours.

0 would be the right number in my books to.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

.05 is where Provincial Motor Vehicle Acts start fucking up your shit, so it's the same it that regard.  Federally it's .08, which is Criminal Code time...

Zero alcohol while driving is unrealistic, even for people that don't drink.  Gargle with mouthwash recently?  Enjoy getting fucked when your BAC reads .001 after you're forced to randomly blow for no reason...

Thresholds exist for a reason, and if the threshold was an absolute zero reading, you would not like that...  Banaca Spray?  Kiss your car and licence goodbye.  Eat a rum filled chocolate?  You just lost your job, your house, your car, your life...

Careful what you ask for...

Anonymous

.05 is where Provincial Motor Vehicle Acts start fucking up your shit, so it's the same it that regard.  Federally it's .08, which is Criminal Code time...

Zero alcohol while driving is unrealistic, even for people that don't drink.  Gargle with mouthwash recently?  Enjoy getting fucked when your BAC reads .001 after you're forced to randomly blow for no reason...

Thresholds exist for a reason, and if the threshold was an absolute zero reading, you would not like that...  Banaca Spray?  Kiss your car and licence goodbye.  Eat a rum filled chocolate?  You just lost your job, your house, your car, your life...

Careful what you ask for...

Than don't eat rum filled chocolates and drive.

Anonymous

A touch of wine sauce in your dinner noodles?  Maybe you have a cold and ingested a tablespoon of cold medication?  Maybe a glass of wine with dinner?

Your life will be instantly destroyed.  THINK logically first, before attempting to create the change that you so much desire...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"A touch of wine sauce in your dinner noodles?  Maybe you have a cold and ingested a tablespoon of cold medication?  Maybe a glass of wine with dinner?

Your life will be instantly destroyed.  THINK logically first, before attempting to create the change that you so much desire...

My concern is public safety not an inconvenience.

Anonymous

Than don't eat rum filled chocolates and drive.

Who are you to dictate that eating a rum filled chocolate should fuck up someones life?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview