The best topic

Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

I told you this was going to happen...

Started by Anonymous, January 21, 2020, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

...when Trudy implemented Bill C-46.

>Husband and wife go out to eat lunch.  Return back to her sister's house, who they were visiting.

>They proceed to consume alcohol by the pool.  (Would like to add, the result would've been the same had they consumed marijuana by the pool, or any drug for that matter)

>Two hours later, police arrive at the house.  Demand breath sample.  She failed the test.

>Issued immediate 90 day licence suspension, 30 day vehicle impound, as well as thousands of dollars worth of fines and expenses related to incident.

I told you this abuse of justice would happen, when you give police unlimited power to arbitrarily abuse...  Just like North Korea!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5326941/nanaimo-woman-wins-court-challenge-breathalyzer/">https://globalnews.ca/news/5326941/nana ... athalyzer/">https://globalnews.ca/news/5326941/nanaimo-woman-wins-court-challenge-breathalyzer/

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"...when Trudy implemented Bill C-46.

>Husband and wife go out to eat lunch.  Return back to her sister's house, who they were visiting.

>They proceed to consume alcohol by the pool.  (Would like to add, the result would've been the same had they consumed marijuana by the pool, or any drug for that matter)

>Two hours later, police arrive at the house.  Demand breath sample.  She failed the test.

>Issued immediate 90 day licence suspension, 30 day vehicle impound, as well as thousands of dollars worth of fines and expenses related to incident.

I told you this abuse of justice would happen, when you give police unlimited power to arbitrarily abuse...  Just like North Korea!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5326941/nanaimo-woman-wins-court-challenge-breathalyzer/">https://globalnews.ca/news/5326941/nana ... athalyzer/">https://globalnews.ca/news/5326941/nanaimo-woman-wins-court-challenge-breathalyzer/

An old boy in Ontario got stopped and forced to do a breathalyzer while returning empties.

Odinson

Our cops set-up checkpoints where they test all drivers..

But I havent been individually targeted.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Our cops set-up checkpoints where they test all drivers..

I have. They let me through a couple of times when I probably would have blown over .08.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"What the fuck kind of law is that..

A new law implemented recently that gives police virtually unlimited powers to demand alcohol/drug tests randomly to anyone operating any motor vehicle, without having to form reasonable suspicion that you're impaired, and that includes testing up to two hours after you've parked your car...  They can come into your home, into your business, into your place of employment, anywhere.  

No warrant required.

I warned this forum about this, but sadly at that time some members were all for it.

Odinson

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Odinson"What the fuck kind of law is that..

A new law implemented recently that gives police virtually unlimited powers to demand alcohol/drug tests randomly to anyone operating any motor vehicle, without having to form reasonable suspicion that you're impaired, and that includes testing up to two hours after you've parked your car...  They can come into your home, into your business, into your place of employment, anywhere.  

No warrant required.

I warned this forum about this, but sadly at that time some members were all for it.

The last part is what really amazes me..

You have to wait for 2 hours before you can start drinking at your place... What the hell..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Our cops set-up checkpoints where they test all drivers..

They do that in this country also.  They are technically not permitted under Canadian law, since we are guaranteed the right to free and unobstructed travel, but the Supreme Court did allow these check stops for "the greater good."

The newer recent changes completely eroded our civil liberties big time, the most important change being that the police no longer need to form reasonable suspicion to fuck your shit up, as seen in article linked in my OP...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
The last part is what really amazes me..

You have to wait for 2 hours before you can start drinking at your place... What the hell..

The police wanted this ability so they could effectively go after people that cause serious accidents, and then leave the scene of the crime.  That was the intent for that law.

Of course it was just a matter of time before they started to randomly enter peoples homes and demand samples, simply because you were out driving.

Anonymous

I have been sober for over fifteen years. But, when I drank, other than random spot checks, they had to have reasonable suspicion to pull you over.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"I have been sober for over fifteen years. But, when I drank, other than random spot checks, they had to have reasonable suspicion to pull you over.

That changed last year.  No more reasonable suspicion required.

That's what's so disturbing...  They can enter your home, without reasonable suspicion, demand a breath test (or drug test), just as long as you were driving within the last two hours.

Anonymous

Imagine this scenario:  You and your wife are divorcing.  You get home after a hard day at work and bust out the Scotch, having a few drinks.  An hour later, because she hates you, she decides to call the cops saying you drove home drunk.

They will now come into your home and fuck up your shit, royally.

The onus is on you to prove that you didn't drive home drunk, which is impossible to prove.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Imagine this scenario:  You and your wife are divorcing.  You get home after a hard day at work and bust out the Scotch, having a few drinks.  An hour later, because she hates you, she decides to call the cops saying you drove home drunk.

The onus is on you to prove that you didn't drive home drunk, which is impossible to prove.

This is the kind of big brother shit my family fled the USSR.

Odinson

Quote from: "Mel"Imagine this scenario:  You and your wife are divorcing.  You get home after a hard day at work and bust out the Scotch, having a few drinks.  An hour later, because she hates you, she decides to call the cops saying you drove home drunk.

Yes..

And she can blame you for rape too...

:laugh:

Anonymous

That is not good at all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview