Replies: 8392
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

A

Farewell...

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2020, 07:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I just wanted to say that it was my pleasure meeting the BC community.  However, returning online after a 5 year retirement to save SG was the worst mistake I've made in a longtime.  I have watched my friends endure horrific abuse on SG that is unsettling.  I've also ruined longterm friendships in the process of trying to piece this community back together... and it's simply not worth this level of effort or frustration.  I will not be remaining in contact offline with anyone except for Dove & Big and the friends I have maintained on FB.  

I wish you all the best and hope you have fun and figure this out before the forum community dies.  But I'm going back to my single, carefree life.  

Xoxo Purdy Murdy

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Poofter"Are you going to close down your forum

How would you if a dead forum that nobody visits was shut down.

Anonymous

Take it easy Murdy. Sorry your forum didn't work out. Forums are a tough go nowadays. Drop in here anytime. ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Take it easy Murdy. Sorry your forum didn't work out. Forums are a tough go nowadays. Drop in here anytime. ac_drinks

I second that...please drop by from time to time Murdy.

Blurt

Damn, Murdz.

Who will I turn to now when I need some advice?

Seriously, though, I hear you. When your interactions online no longer bring you pleasure, it's time to evaluate your options with a view to taking care of yourself and your circle of close friends. Sometimes, that means setting the livestock free and burning down the barn.

Been there, done that, too. I had to shut my own forum down, as well. My mistake was to open the place during a time of high rivalries between members of the same crowd on two different forums. It couldn't possibly work, but I had to try anyway. Lesson learned.

I wish you well. I hope you pop in once in a while to say hi.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"Damn, Murdz.

Who will I turn to now when I need some advice?

Seriously, though, I hear you. When your interactions online no longer bring you pleasure, it's time to evaluate your options with a view to taking care of yourself and your circle of close friends. Sometimes, that means setting the livestock free and burning down the barn.

Been there, done that, too. I had to shut my own forum down, as well. My mistake was to open the place during a time of high rivalries between members of the same crowd on two different forums. It couldn't possibly work, but I had to try anyway. Lesson learned.

I wish you well. I hope you pop in once in a while to say hi.

Didn't you ban Shen Li from your forum?

sasquatch

How is dumpsterfire-groundz doing these days? I don't feel like making my anti-spyware software beg for mercy from the "free" traffic trackers.

But seriously, the flame forum format is just done in the year 2020. If people want to be assholes, they can go after random strangers on social media instead of typing out the same shit for the same people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"How is dumpsterfire-groundz doing these days? I don't feel like making my anti-spyware software beg for mercy from the "free" traffic trackers.

But seriously, the flame forum format is just done in the year 2020. If people want to be assholes, they can go after random strangers on social media instead of typing out the same shit for the same people.

I like it. Some entertaining shit on SG.

Blurt

Quote from: "Herman"Didn't you ban Shen Li from your forum?

Nope. That was a mod. I overturned the ban.

But, Herm, really, does it surprise you that she was banned? I mean, c'mon. This is Shen we're talking about here. She wasn't sitting on nobody's knee back then. And she'd chewed through five of Fashionista's leashes within a fortnight.

If it's any consolation, the ban hammer splintered and the head went flying when it struck her.
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Odinson

Quote from: "Blurt"

But, Herm, really, does it surprise you that she was banned? I mean, c'mon. This is Shen we're talking about here. She wasn't sitting on nobody's knee back then. And she'd chewed through five of Fashionista's leashes within a fortnight.

If it's any consolation, the ban hammer splintered and the head went flying when it struck her.

Thats what Eichmann said in Nuremberg.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blurt"

The mod must have been a gal or a fruit. No straight guy would ban Shen Li because it would mean banning that ass too.

sasquatch

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "sasquatch"How is dumpsterfire-groundz doing these days? I don't feel like making my anti-spyware software beg for mercy from the "free" traffic trackers.

I like it. Some entertaining shit on SG.

I've had way more fun making SJW's have meltdowns on facebook. just made some fly-by-night journalist from Toronto have a very public meltdown on a facebook page to the point the page owner had to reprimand him for his meltdown. I got some Ontario teacher on the verge of a meltdown. It is just way more fun doing it to unsuspecting dopes.

caskur

When posters threads are moved around, a board becomes too much of an effort to post on.

I stop posting at SG because that idiot Peaches used to muck around with topics.

The best boards have one or two admins.

Murdy has a good board. All she needs now are better mods.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview