News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10775
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 02:33:44 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "cc"Just posting what is happening. Let's not let ourselves be discouraged / negative

Ones previously mentioned by many of us are not dead - Most are "in the works" ... & being tested

With science going 24/7 now, something or many things good will come of it

Further from the to above article - to put into perspective their approach:

Through further testing, the researchers at Sorrento found that there was one particular antibody that showed to be 100 percent effective in blocking COVID-19 from infecting health cells — STI-1499

Further: The US Govt is funding and working with over 100 firms all directed toward solutions of different types

I still want to read about positive developments..

Perhaps, it's just me, but I get discouraged when none of them ever seem to happen.

Don't read them... They shouldn't spread false hope. The journalists have nothing else to write about so these stories are page fillers although CC latest news clip sounds promising.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cc

They are NOT spreading false hope - They are reporting developments - It's called current & valid news.

Anyone it has a bad effect on should not read them ... it's on them to not read

Anyone with hope can read whatever they want .. and find hope in .. Stiffing news  destroys freedom & is anti-democracy

Speaking for me I'm thankful that people are trying so hard to come up with solutions

I want to know who they are,

what they are doing

how what they are doing is progressing
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

caskur

Quote from: "cc"They are NOT spreading false hope - They are reporting developments - It's called valid news. Anyone it has a bad effect on should not read them

Anyone with hope can read whatever they want .. and find hope in

Speaking for me I'm thankful that people are trying so hard to come up with solutions

I want to know who they are,

what they are doing

how what they are doing is progressing

Read my sentence fully dunderhead... I said your new article sounds promising...
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cc

I didn't see that - sorry .. You didn't need to insult

That said, there are a great many promising experiments in action now and every one of them should be reported

I find great hope in knowing that govt, universities  & industry  are pulling out all the stops and are all going full bore 24/7 to find cures and / or mitigations

caskur

I don't think they should be reported until they have one...

Look how despondent Fash is reading them and she isn't alone.

After awhile people turn off, they're minds are so saturated they have no other choice.

They have never cured a virus yet... Virus run their course... some virus are weak and you survive to live another day... other virus kill you. They might kill you in two weeks or they might kill you 20 years from now.
- Andy Warhol

cc

I sort of get what you are saying .. but I don't understand how any possible hope can be bad

Any promising program is "hope" for the future and a  good

Seems maybe some think those reported  past 2 months are not in the news and thus have "failed"??

Most have not failed. Most are being worked on 24/7 ..  just drudgery and very hard work thus not in the news .. but remain "hope"

I want to know every effort being made  .. . every one of them represents the beauty of humanity at its very best - in action working its butt off to help

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I sort of get what you are saying .. but I don't understand how any possible hope can be bad

Seems maybe some think those reported  past 2 months are not in the news and thus have "failed"??

Most have not failed. Most are being worked on 24/7 ..  just drudgery and very hard work thus not in the news .. but remain "hope"

I want to know every effort being made  .. . every one of them represents the beauty of humanity at its very best - in action working its butt off to help

I suppose it's the frustration with how slow it's moving, when in fact possible treatments and vaccines are moving faster than ever before.

cc

Understood .. It's called being human. After all, we can't see, touch or feel progress behind closed doors

it happens to me on occasion  when I let it ...  I "try to"  push myself toward hope

caskur

Quote from: "cc"I sort of get what you are saying .. but I don't understand how any possible hope can be bad

True. They're working hard and that is the very best they can do, science-wise.

But us drones, we need to obey the lockdowns and use this time for other pursuits and not waste this precious free time. We still have our parts to play.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I suppose it's the frustration with how slow it's moving, when in fact possible treatments and vaccines are moving faster than ever before.

Fash... you should seen how crowded our beaches were with the move to go to a lesser stage...

They've been burning off our bush (which makes me angry) and that causes our sun to turn red at sunset... I'll post pictures in the weather thread... everyone is getting tired of lockdowns but more people can meet provided they social distance still...
- Andy Warhol

cc

Here's what I merely alluded to above

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-announces-partnership-coronavirus-vaccine">"Operation Warp Speed" - T announces public-private partnership to develop coronavirus vaccine ASAP

announced a new public-private partnership to develop a vaccine for the novel coronavirus as part of what's being called "Operation Warp Speed," saying he hopes it will be produced "quickly" and will possibly be ready by the end of the year.

"This is an endeavor unlike anything our country has seen since the Manhattan Project...No one has seen anything like we're doing now within our country since the second world war. Incredible," Trump said in introducing "Operation Warp Speed."

"That means big and it means fast," Trump said of the efforts. "It's objective is to finish developing and then to manufacture and distribute a proven coronavirus vaccine...ASAP

Operation Leaders:

The effort will be led by Moncef Slaoui, the former head of GlaxoSmithKline's vaccines division, and Army Gen. Gustave Perna. Slaoui will oversee the vaccine development at Operation Warp Speed, while Serna will serve as the chief operating officer overseeing logistics.

The president announced Slauoi and Perna, calling them "two of the most highly-respected and skilled" officials.

Slaoui, a highly-respected vaccine developer, who is leading the effort, said he is "very confident" that they will "be able and do the utmost to deliver these objectives."

"I have very recently seen early data with a clinical trial for a coronavirus vaccine and this data made me even more confident..that we will be able to deliver a vaccine by the end of 2020," he said. "We will do the best we can to do that."

Perna added that they are undertaking a "Herculean task," but that the "combined strengths" of all involved in the effort "will ensure our success."

"We will defeat the enemy," Perna said. "Why? Because winning matters."

Anonymous

I'm at the point now where I almost want to catch and get it over with. I think catching it is inevitable.

cc

To date I've seen no proof that getting it guarantees the future immunity or if it does, for how long .. or if strain mutates ... have not seen proof it doesn't either

cc

1. Fash!!

Is the Alberta extensive hydroxychloride testing using it alone or in combination with Zpack?

University of Alberta also studying Ebola drug remdesivir[/url]

The University of Alberta also announced Monday that its researchers have found that remdesivir, a drug used to treat Ebola, is effective in stopping the replication mechanism of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

Scientists at the university were testing the theory that remdesivir could treat COVID-19, after a February study they also published saw the drug could treat MERS, a related coronavirus.

"We obtained almost identical results as we reported previously with MERS, so we see that remdesivir is a very potent inhibitor for coronavirus polymerases," Götte said.

In the paper, Götte likens the polymerase to the engine of the virus, responsible for synthesizing its genome.

[sic. This drug and separately hydroxy are being tested throughout the world - as initial testing shows considerable promise as a mitigater for those who contract the virus ]

cc

3. Early results from Moderna vaccine trial show participants developed antibodies against coronavirus[/url]

Study subjects who received Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine had positive early results, according to the biotech company, which partnered with the National Institutes of Health to develop the vaccine.

If future studies go well, the company's vaccine could be available to the public as early as January, Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna's chief medical officer, told CNN.

"This is absolutely good news and news that we think many have been waiting for for quite some time," Zaks

Offit said before the pandemic, vaccine developers would typically test out their product in thousands of people before moving on to Phase 3, but that Moderna is "extremely unlikely" to have vaccinated that many by July, since they've only vaccinated dozens so far.

He said it makes sense to Moderna to move into Phase 3 without vaccinating that many people, given that COVID-19 is killing thousands of people each day.

"This is a different time," Offit said.said.