News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10696
Total votes: : 5

Last post: Today at 07:14:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

COVID-19 >> New Drug Activity & VACCINE TRACKING!!

Started by cc, January 26, 2020, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gaon

Bibi Netanyahu's immunization was recorded and shown on Israeli tv.
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Gaon post_id=394986 time=1608680447 user_id=3170
Bibi Netanyahu's immunization was recorded and shown on Israeli tv.

Hmm, I think he needed the friendly publicity.

Anonymous

The Moderna vaccine has been approved for emergency use in Canada.

cc

Good. I was getting very angry at Trudy for always being last

Here's more bad news drama from U K

https://www.foxnews.com/health/uk-second-highly-concerning-coronavirus-variant-linked-south-africa-travel">UK detects another 'highly concerning' coronavirus variant in cases linked to South Africa travel

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said new variant is 'highly concerning" because it 'is yet more transmissible'

Britain's Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced on Wednesday that another variation of the novel coronavirus has been detected in two people who were contacts of cases that stemmed from recent travel to South Africa.

Hancock said the new variant is "highly concerning" because it "is yet more transmissible and it appears to have mutated further than the new variant that was discovered in the U.K."

[He spoke of absolute total isolation for anyone in contact with anyone in contact with anyone in contact a  person just back from SA]

Ontario:

Today is second highest ever for Ontario - 2,408 new cases .... ninth straight day of case counts surpassing 2,100

The province's seven-day average for number of cases recorded is now 2,304, up from 1,962 one week ago.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Oh no cc..

Is this new South African coronavirus mutation make people sicker than the original Wuhan one?

cc

I think it's a It an ease of "transmissibility only" thing .. even more so than the UK new one

So far, they say severity is about same - Usually viruses are programmed mainly to make themselves  spread more easily

Getting even worse back east

Quebec  also reports 74 more deaths from COVID-19 &  shatters case record again - 2,247  cases (both ON & Quebec today in big trouble)

ON & Quebec are going to run out of hospital space if they have not done so already

[They both need drastic action - I've been baffled last few days why ON set a lockdown date several days in advance instead of just doing it if it they deemed  was needed ... like it's vital or not, right? ]

cc

UK has gone crazy - more than doubled in 3 weeks

This week so far starting Saturday (reads bottom to top):

Cases .. Deaths

39,237   744

36,804   691

33,364   215

35,928   326

27,052   534

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395140 time=1608752741 user_id=88
UK has gone crazy - more than doubled in 3 weeks

This week so far starting Saturday (reads bottom to top):

Cases .. Deaths

39,237   744

36,804   691

33,364   215

35,928   326

27,052   534

And they recently came out of a lock down.

cc

FINALLY Canada approved Moderna

FINALLY we will get "a FEW  more" doses for our citizens

I'll never forgive Trudy for placing us  light years behind others for vaccines

Thinking China would play fair ball and not screw us is unforgivable - It's what they do as-hole!!  :t1929:

cc

Say. I know they are now doing care home workers,

but I wonder if either Feds or any Provinces will make vaccination mandatory for care home workers ??

Similar could be asked  for health workers working close up with non covid patients they could infect if they got covid ??

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=395159 time=1608761918 user_id=88
Say. I know they are now doing care home workers,

but I wonder if either Feds or any Provinces will make vaccination mandatory for care home workers ??

Similar could be asked  for health workers working close up with non covid patients they could infect if they got covid ??

I read some health care workers in the USA would prefer to wait a while before getting vaccinated.

cc

I wondered if care home workers might be mandatory as it's not so much their life that it protects

The more I think about it, the more I suspect it will be mandatory for those workers

It's critical now, but well, once residents are done, it's not so critical

Anonymous

My wife will be vaccinated next week. She's a nurse.

cc

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=395219 time=1608790345 user_id=2015
My wife will be vaccinated next week. She's a nurse.

That's fantastic IHJ.