The best topic

Replies: 10567
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:08:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

COVID-19 >>"True and Helpful" Covid Information Thread

Started by cc, March 13, 2020, 04:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397580 time=1610409595 user_id=88
Page tuned and as some better news is needed, I'll bring this forward after page turned

Finally a touch of good news

Our Bonnie whose team works constantly back & forth with manufacturers just said latest stats show over 92 % after 2 weeks for both vaccines

92.6 for Pfizer ... 92.1 for Moderna

Last 3 days in BC - it seems to be slowing down noticeably

430 Today

507 Sun

538 Sat

Last 3 days in Alberta, also noticeably  trending downward

639 Today

811 Sun

989  Sat

Not Saskatchewan. We had 412 cases today and eight deaths. With about one quarter Alberta's population we had two and a half times the number of infections that they did.

cc

That is very high per capita

That said, what with BC & Alta,  I think it true to say that with management, things can often be reduced

The larger and in many areas packed closely Ontario is having great difficulty controlling it

Later, Bonnie further said : Both achieved 95+ % after second dose with absolutely no measurable difference between second dose given between 19 days or up to 42 days after first

and confirmed that for those in the longer interim, the protection was slightly stronger and remained stronger as demonstrated by those who were first in the trials

It's a daily  learning process, updating itself constantly as more time to observe grows ... and all the news keeps getting better  .. at least to date

Further, they initially did not vaccinate on care home floors where positivity existed. From experience they have learned that if they vaccinate someone who is very early positive and has no symptoms  .. it does  not do harm .. so are now doing floors where positivity is present so long as the person is not obviously positive
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

cc

It is becoming personal now ... While 1 of our good family friends in care home is now vaccinated - the other who got covid via gross carelessness of the management which refused to contain positive residents  .. one of whom invaded her room ... survived covid   but is likely dying because of the damage it did to her

I'm also concerned for my daughter in Bellingham WA. She will be hospitalized for a while and Washington's hospitals are in dire straights now and covid is a danger in them

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397583 time=1610409982 user_id=88
That is very high per capita

That said, what with BC & Alta,  I think it true to say that with management, things can often be reduced

The larger and in many areas packed closely Ontario is having great difficulty controlling it

The most densely populated areas in this province have been under restricitions for a while. But, that is where the worst spread has been. The spread has been traced to private social gatherings. Enforcing compliance is almost impossible.

cc

QuoteEnforcing compliance is almost impossible.

Yes it is. Despite how dire things are,  there are many selfish people who will not cooperate and help instead of hurt the situation

Anonymous

Manitoba seems to have settled in the 100-200 cases per day. It took two months of a code red lockdown, but at least we aren't recording 400-500 cases per day like we did in early November.

cc

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid-military-medical-intelligence-1.5866627?cmp=newsletter_Coronavirus%20Brief_2938_230924">Military medical intelligence warnings gathered dust as public health struggled to define COVID-19

[They Really Blew It]

Public health officials failed to cite early warnings about the threat of COVID-19 gathered through classified military intelligence as the pandemic crisis emerged a year ago, CBC News has learned — an oversight described as a strategic failure by intelligence and public health experts.

For over seven decades, Canada and some of its closest allies have operated a largely secret formal exchange of military medical intelligence. That relationship regularly produces troves of highly detailed data on emerging health threats.

The small, specialized unit within the Canadian military's intelligence branch began producing warnings about COVID-19 in early January of last year — assessments based largely on classified allied intelligence. Those warnings generally were three weeks ahead of other open sources, say defence insiders.

But documents show the Public Health Agency of Canada's (PHAC) COVID-19 rapid risk assessments — which politicians and public servants used to guide their choices in early days of the pandemic — contained no input from the military's warnings, which remain classified.

Three of the five PHAC risk assessments — obtained under access to information law by one of the country's leading intelligence experts and CBC News — show federal health officials relying almost exclusively on assessments from the World Health Organization.

[Relied on WHO, who were giving us nothing but bullshit - When they could and should have used the Military Intel that was 3 weeks ahead ]

Anonymous

Despite having about twenty five per cent of it's population vaccinated, Israel set a record yesterday with 9,500 new infections..

The UK strain accounts for about 2,000 of those infections..

It's expected that infections will contunue to soar until about the middle of next week before dropping again..

The Israeli government has said a fourth lock down won't happen because of the success of their vaccine rollout.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397668 time=1610473595 user_id=3254
Despite having about twenty five per cent of it's population vaccinated, Israel set a record yesterday with 9,500 new infections..

It's expected that infections will continue to soar until about the middle of next week before dropping again..

The Israeli government has said a fourth lock down won't happen because of the success of their vaccine rollout.
That's terrible .. and a population of only 9 m people, barely more than Quebec. Many vaccinated but not time to become effective would be part of those hit

The Ontario Ministry of Health also reported on Tuesday that the province now has eight additional cases of the more-contagious COVID-19 variant first discovered in the U.K. Fourteen cases of the new strain have been found in Ontario to date.

As expected, the newer more infectious strains just keep increasing rapidly once they get a foothold

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=397681 time=1610476182 user_id=88
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397668 time=1610473595 user_id=3254

It's expected that infections will continue to soar until about the middle of next week before dropping again..

That's terrible .. and a population of only 9 m people, barely more than Quebec. Many vaccinated but not time to become effective would be part of those hit

The Ontario Ministry of Health also reported on Tuesday that the province now has eight additional cases of the more-contagious COVID-19 variant first discovered in the U.K. Fourteen cases of the new strain have been found in Ontario to date.

As expected, the newer more infectious strains just keep increasing rapidly once they get a foothold

I assume once the vaccinated population reaches about forty to fifty per cent of the population, daily infectons will drop significantly..

Israel has a low death rate from the virus.

Anonymous

Doug Ford has declared a state of emergency. Effective 12:01 am Thursday, the government is also issuing a stay-at-home order for at least 28 days requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes.

The state of emergency gives the government the power to enact new measures beyond those included in the provincewide lockdown, which began on Dec. 26, 2020.

An emergency order allows the government to close more businesses, prohibit events and gatherings and order people to stay home.

Ford also announced that retailers will be subject to shorter operation hours and that gathering sizes will be reduced from 10 to five people, with limited exceptions.

The new measures resemble the lockdown that occurred last spring during the first wave of the novel coronavirus.

Anonymous

Ontario reported 2903 cases and 41 deaths today. This is the first time since January 3 that daily infections fell below 3000 cases.

Anonymous

The border between Canada and the US will remain closed to non-essential travel until at least February 21.

For a supposedly closed border, there are thousands of Canadians travelling to the US for non-essential travel. I don't know if the reverse is also the case.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=397695 time=1610478580 user_id=114
Doug Ford has declared a state of emergency. Effective 12:01 am Thursday, the government is also issuing a stay-at-home order for at least 28 days requiring everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes.

The state of emergency gives the government the power to enact new measures beyond those included in the provincewide lockdown, which began on Dec. 26, 2020.

An emergency order allows the government to close more businesses, prohibit events and gatherings and order people to stay home.

Ford also announced that retailers will be subject to shorter operation hours and that gathering sizes will be reduced from 10 to five people, with limited exceptions.

The new measures resemble the lockdown that occurred last spring during the first wave of the novel coronavirus.

But, I don't think your province had a stay at home order in the spring?

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=397698 time=1610479605 user_id=3254
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=397695 time=1610478580 user_id=114

But, I don't think your province had a stay at home order in the spring?

It's different this that. I don't know how this is going to play out. Patrols to forcepeople off the roads and pedestrians off the sidewalks?? I don't know. Details from Queen's Park to follow.