The best topic

Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

Thanks to China, I am unemployed

Started by Gaon, March 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"So as of February, I'm self-employed/contract thanks to the receivership, so my company has cut my hours down so I will qualify for the new CERB criteria for less than 1000$ per month. That was done yesterday along with other co-workers in order to free up 12 000$. So basically I'm still working, but not enough to pay my bills, so I got no choice but to take CERB as well. So once that's up, I either gotta pray the economy has opened up enough that I can get something else in time or back to work full time at my current job, or draw on my savings for a few months, or pray that CERB is extended(this one is extremely unlikely to me).

It is looking like we'll be getting back sooner rather than later(probably june if you're in Alberta, and May if you're saskatchewan), so all I can do is wait and see

I don't know what you do, but I hope you can get back to work sooner rather than later.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"The salaries in Canada seem to be wayyyy bigger than in Finland..

You get 20k a month when you are the head of the entire division.

To be honest, it would be extremely rare here for most employees to earn $20,000/month.  Even independent contractors would be lucky to make this kind of money.

sasquatch

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "sasquatch"So as of February, I'm self-employed/contract thanks to the receivership, so my company has cut my hours down so I will qualify for the new CERB criteria for less than 1000$ per month. That was done yesterday along with other co-workers in order to free up 12 000$. So basically I'm still working, but not enough to pay my bills, so I got no choice but to take CERB as well. So once that's up, I either gotta pray the economy has opened up enough that I can get something else in time or back to work full time at my current job, or draw on my savings for a few months, or pray that CERB is extended(this one is extremely unlikely to me).

It is looking like we'll be getting back sooner rather than later(probably june if you're in Alberta, and May if you're saskatchewan), so all I can do is wait and see

I don't know what you do, but I hope you can get back to work sooner rather than later.

Restaurant industry. we're on take out and delivery right now and hours scaled back immensely.  If the alberta government does let us open back up, it will likely be the 50% seating capacity social distancing measure like it was when the state of emergency was first declared, but will allow us to start serving breakfast again-which was our bread and butter in terms of business and revenue.

but like I said, I'll have to wait and see.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Restaurant industry. we're on take out and delivery right now and hours scaled back immensely.  If the alberta government does let us open back up, it will likely be the 50% seating capacity social distancing measure like it was when the state of emergency was first declared, but will allow us to start serving breakfast again-which was our bread and butter in terms of business and revenue.

but like I said, I'll have to wait and see.

I'm terribly sorry sasquatch..

Who knows when restaurants in Alberta will be back to full capacity.

:sad:

Anonymous

All you can do is join the CERB crew!  I've already managed to receive $4,000, and will get another $3,000 ($2,000 Fed/$1,000 Prov) in a week or so!

Kickin' it welfare style!   :laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"All you can do is join the CERB crew!  I've already managed to receive $4,000, and will get another $3,000 ($2,000 Fed/$1,000 Prov) in a week or so!

Not everyone wants to do that.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Not everyone wants to do that.

Why not?  It's almost like being retired!

cc

What's good about retired?

Not doing productive things seems like a real drag / downer
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"What's good about retired?

Being retired frees up time to do productive things!  Being chained up in an office cubicle for eight hours, while a job, is not my idea of productive...

cc

Ya. I suppose keeping a complex  project going would be OK

cc

Anonymous

Like now (weather permitting) I have lots of time to pull my little trailer around the yard behind my Husky lawn tractor, trimming branches, shit like that.  I actually don't mind putting around the yard...

Odinson

Quote from: "cc"What's good about retired?

Thats a bad thing to say, CC..

Retired people cant help themselves.

sasquatch

Quote from: "Mel"All you can do is join the CERB crew!  I've already managed to receive $4,000, and will get another $3,000 ($2,000 Fed/$1,000 Prov) in a week or so!

yeah, it's all I can do, and thankfully I qualify for it now. I'm somebody who would much rather be busy and working and I hate sitting around, but I guess that's what hobbies are for. i may just find a small motor to strip down and rebuild or something and make a little cash on the side while staving off boredom.

Anonymous

Quote from: "sasquatch"
yeah, it's all I can do, and thankfully I qualify for it now. I'm somebody who would much rather be busy and working and I hate sitting around, but I guess that's what hobbies are for. i may just find a small motor to strip down and rebuild or something and make a little cash on the side while staving off boredom.

That's all you can do!  I noticed almost immediately once I moved here, that people are much more inclined to conduct transactions with cash than in bigger cities.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview