Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

BC's two shit posters are------Joe and Shen Li

Started by Anonymous, March 20, 2020, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"
Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Herman"Joe is at it again. He thinks if you saved for your own future you are a rightie. What a fag loser. ac_toofunny

Some of the biggest investors in capital markets are public sector pension plans. Not exactly supporters of people like Max Bernier.

As part of my pay package, I get $8.75 per hour paid into the pension. On Saturday, it doubled to $17.50 per hour. I receive quarterly updates on where our pension money is invested. The next one will be in June. That will be interesting.

Nice. :thumbup:

Pension plans are not just invested in stocks. The bigger ones also have investments in real estate, commodities and sports franchises.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"Joe is at it again. He thinks if you saved for your own future you are a rightie. What a fag loser. ac_toofunny

Some of the biggest investors in capital markets are public sector pension plans. Not exactly supporters of people like Max Bernier.

As part of my pay package, I get $8.75 per hour paid into the pension. On Saturday, it doubled to $17.50 per hour. I receive quarterly updates on where our pension money is invested. The next one will be in June. That will be interesting.

My husband is almost certain he'll lose his job..

If he does and when we get this coronavirus under control he wants to get into the IBEW, the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gaon"As part of my pay package, I get $8.75 per hour paid into the pension. On Saturday, it doubled to $17.50 per hour. I receive quarterly updates on where our pension money is invested. The next one will be in June. That will be interesting.

I'm not doubting you, but this seems a little strange to me...  Why would a company (union or non-union) double your pension contributions right after laying you off?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Gaon"As part of my pay package, I get $8.75 per hour paid into the pension. On Saturday, it doubled to $17.50 per hour. I receive quarterly updates on where our pension money is invested. The next one will be in June. That will be interesting.

I'm not doubting you, but this seems a little strange to me...  Why would a company (union or non-union) double your pension contributions right after laying you off?

He was talking about before he was laid-off. Like duh.

Anonymous

Pension plans are not just invested in stocks. The bigger ones also have investments in real estate, commodities and sports franchises.

....and all 3 are gonna tank during this recession, eh  seoulbro?

Especially real estate, which in Vancouver MUST be headed for a huge correction.

Prices were so high/inflated here that condos were typically selling for $1 million.

Who except wealthy Chinese has that kind of money?

So if those kind of people took a hit financially, they are either gonna unload them or stop buying.

At least White Canadians who bought into this market win't be able to afford thesr mortgages & hang onto them.

The real estate flippers got caught holdin the bag.

I don't mind governments helping Canadian families with their mortgages but I hope the speculators who were preying on everbody else lose their shirts because they were driving up home prices and rents out of Greed.

Those type can jump offa buildings and kill themselves for all I care.

We actually need a real estate crash in Vancouver.

Anonymous

Canada Pension is diversified like that too. Actually, my mutual funds are also very diversified. As an older person, it's more painful for me. You and Gaon will be okay once we see this pandemic in our rear view mirror.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Velvet"

Canada Pension is diversified like that too. Actually, my mutual funds are also very diversified. As an older person, it's more painful for me. You and Gaon will be okay once we see this pandemic in our rear view mirror.

I've heard that the value of many retirement funds have gone down 35% since the recent  market meltdown.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

I've heard that the value of many retirement funds have gone down 35% since the recent  market meltdown.

Probably. But, some have doubled in value in less than a decade, so they're still up. I'm sixty two, so, it's bad for me. But, Gaon and seoulbro are young men. They can wait for the rebound in a year or whatever it takes.

Anonymous

Probably. But, some have doubled in value in less than a decade, so they're still up. I'm sixty two, so, it's bad for me. But, Gaon and seoulbro are young men. They can wait for the rebound in a year or whatever it takes.

You are younger than Joe the virgin. He never saved for his own future.

Anonymous

You are younger than Joe the virgin. He never saved for his own future.

Keep in mind that those who invest in a market at its peak stand to lose 70-80% of their holdings when this market comes crashing down even further in 6 mos.

The Dow was at 30,000 only a month ago. Today it is 18,500. In 6 months, it may be only 6,000 to 8,000. Given that the US economy will contract 15%, Steep declines are comin'. Remember - good fortune comes for He who waits. And those who bought high will now have to wait several years if not an entire decade for the value of their investments to fully recover. so they'd better be young men now cuz by the time they recover they will be very old men indeed.

But those who wait to buy at its low point have nowhere to go but back up.

As my forum friend cc advised me on several occasiobs, it is far better to BUY LOW & SELL HIGH.

Thanks for the advice, cc.

Anonymous

Joe, I remember a Yahoo Group I posted on occasionally after 9/11 had people deriving pleasure from the pain of others......very insensitive and in bad taste..

The Western world is shutting down and people are losing their jobs..

I know you're a troll and you crave attention, but this is in bad taste besides being stale..

We'll bounce back of course, but in the mean time, find a new way of trolling besides gloating over the temporary misfortune of others..

They are tired of your trolling at SG and we are here too.

Odinson

I assume the canadians have whole floor carpets just like the brits..

What the hell is wrong with you people!?

I like feeling that cold wooden surface when I walk barefoot..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I assume the canadians whole floor carpets just like the brits..

Best post....

ac_hithere

Odinson

Taking your socks off after work.. Feeling that cold floor.

Carpet feels like you still have your socks on.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"I assume the canadians have whole floor carpets just like the brits..

We have all laminate and hardwood flooring..

It's not the 1970's.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview