The best topic

Replies: 10329
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:05:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

I actually agree with Shen Li...

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2020, 03:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"How many trees are left in Canada?

All this talk of trees got me thinking, so I did a bit of research. It is estimated that Canada has about 9,000 trees for every man, woman and child in Canada — about 338,400,000,000 (338 billion). Forty per cent of our 979 million hectares is currently forest or covered by some type of forest vegetation.Nov 29, 2019

Your numbers are correct.  Canada has more trees than any other nation in the world other than Russia.  And at 9,000 trees for each person living here, we have more trees per capita than any other nation in the entire world.

So now that we know the numbers, I would say that Canada has plenty of trees, contrary to what your tree hugging friends may think!

A few chopped down here and there grow back rather quickly anyhow.  We do replant logged areas.

I now live in an area that is known for its love and respect of nature.  I am lucky to live here.  But I'll tell you this!  Even the tree huggers here don't give a fuck if people saw down a few trees!   :laugh:

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "caskur"How many trees are left in Canada?

All this talk of trees got me thinking, so I did a bit of research. It is estimated that Canada has about 9,000 trees for every man, woman and child in Canada — about 338,400,000,000 (338 billion). Forty per cent of our 979 million hectares is currently forest or covered by some type of forest vegetation.Nov 29, 2019

Your numbers are correct.  Canada has more trees than any other nation in the world other than Russia.  And at 9,000 trees for each person living here, we have more trees per capita than any other nation in the entire world.

So now that we know the numbers, I would say that Canada has plenty of trees, contrary to what your tree hugging friends may think!

A few chopped down here and there grow back rather quickly anyhow.  We do replant logged areas.

I now live in an area that is known for its love and respect of nature.  I am lucky to live here.  But I'll tell you this!  Even the tree huggers here don't give a fuck if people saw down a few trees!   :laugh:

Leave the trees on your property alone...

That is all.

Carry on!~
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Fck your trees, Caskur... you're treesane

You're an idiot...

go take your sorry immigrant arse and go live in a tent on the edge of the Sahara. Do it now... do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Here is a poem for you to learn...

Trees

By Joyce Kilmer

I think that I shall never see

A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest

Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,

And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear

A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;

Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,

But only God can make a tree.

I don't just photograph lightning and birds, I photograph trees.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"Historically, Australia's worst deforestation took place long before European settlement. Early migration from what is now South-East Asia found a country with significantly more vegetation coverage for the local fauna.

So the newcomers burned it wholesale, enjoying barbecues of such scope and succulence that their like might never been seen again.

Interestingly enough, it was descendants of these Asiatic partygoers who set fire to Caskur's kitchen, but they were too drunk on cheap woobla to eat the fruits of their arson so the world was lucky there.

Here is a message from Andy Warhol channeled through me for your ediification. And especially Mel.

― Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

That's great, Caskur.  Come to where I live, and you won't be too concerned with trees.

Trees, water, and mountains are aplenty here!

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"That's great, Caskur.  Come to where I live, and you won't be too concerned with trees.

Trees, water, and mountains are aplenty here!

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Have you ever been to Canada?  I have never visited Oz, for the record...

caskur

Quote from: "Mel"Have you ever been to Canada?  I have never visited Oz, for the record...

Some people in my family have.

I have not been but the member in my tree group who lives in Nova Scotia keeps trying to plug his homeland. One of our friends took him up on his offer, and spent a couple of months there at his home. He makes furniture.

Way back in the early 90s a friend of mine (now deceased) went there and told me the trip was sensational and scenery was out of this world and told me to go and see for myself. I saw on her face how enarmoured with Canada she was.

Over the years, I've met heaps of Canadians. I like Canadians. They have a broard world knowledge, the Americans do not.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"Over the years, I've met heaps of Canadians. I like Canadians. They have a broard world knowledge, the Americans do not.

Remember that Canadians are in a tough spot...  We are 'America Light' for all intents and purposes, but I have no problem with that...

caskur

I watch your border control shows too...

Like New Zealand, I find your controllers fairly mean...

I'll explain later when I come back.
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"I watch your border control shows too...

Like New Zealand, I find your controllers fairly mean...

I'll explain later when I come back.

They enforce the law.

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"

You're an idiot...

go take your sorry immigrant arse and go live in a tent on the edge of the Sahara. Do it now... do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Trees

By Joyce Kilmer

A poem lovely as a tree.

You tree worshipping bird brained moron!  ac_toofunny
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"

You're an idiot...

Trees

By Joyce Kilmer

A poem lovely as a tree.

Very nice pictures caskur.

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Very nice pictures caskur.

Thank you for noticing Fash. Dinky Dopey is just jealous of my artistic photos.

He only has a measly cell phone to take pictures with.

:laugh3:
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I was watching the CBC talking about wage top ups for front line workers. Those idiots want to see office cleaners paid like semi skilled workers because they perform such an important service keeping our work places disinfected. :crazy:

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview