The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I actually agree with Shen Li...

Started by Anonymous, March 24, 2020, 03:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

caskur

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
What happens if people don't do their best to isolate from one another? The 2-3k ICU beds in most major countries get filled real quick and they're no longer turning just 60+ year olds away... they're going to start turning anyone with a prior condition, is under 60/50/even 40, away...

A 1-3% kill rate can rapidly go 10-50% if systems get hit....

^^^ this.

This is what people don't seem to understand.  Most likely because they are not seeing the reality of the situation in hospitals --happening right now-- on social media...

...another sad situation people are so ignorant to even think about...docs and nurses are human beings too...and some of them are over worked, will catch this virus and die if hospitals exceed their limit.  There are not enough docs and nurses.

They're not even mentioning the death rate on TV news now. They USED to say, the death rate was 1.8% which is now an out-of-date figure. A lot, if not most, don't listen to the news anymore anyway.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Zetsu

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Zetsu"It's hard to judge.  Hong Kong's population density is at least 10-20 times higher than of the average Canadian city and still haven't closed their borders to the mainland, yet their rates are about the same as Canada.

But, hasn't China restricted mainland folks from travelling to Hong Kong?

I'm not too sure tbh.  The biggest concern is Hong Kong's chief executive Carrie Lam(basically CCP's puppet) says it's discriminative to close its own borders against the mainland, I just hope it's still not too late.
Permanently off his rocker

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
What happens if people don't do their best to isolate from one another? The 2-3k ICU beds in most major countries get filled real quick and they're no longer turning just 60+ year olds away... they're going to start turning anyone with a prior condition, is under 60/50/even 40, away...

^^^ this.

This is what people don't seem to understand.  Most likely because they are not seeing the reality of the situation in hospitals --happening right now-- on social media...

...another sad situation people are so ignorant to even think about...docs and nurses are human beings too...and some of them are over worked, will catch this virus and die if hospitals exceed their limit.  There are not enough docs and nurses.

They're not even mentioning the death rate on TV news now. They USED to say, the death rate was 1.8% which is now an out-of-date figure. A lot, if not most, don't listen to the news anymore anyway.

They aren't reporting much anyway... trying to keep panic at bay...
Blahhhhhh...

Gaon

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Zetsu"It's hard to judge.  Hong Kong's population density is at least 10-20 times higher than of the average Canadian city and still haven't closed their borders to the mainland, yet their rates are about the same as Canada.

I'm not too sure tbh.  The biggest concern is Hong Kong's chief executive Carrie Lam(basically CCP's puppet) says it's discriminative to close its own borders against the mainland, I just hope it's still not too late.

It's not discriminatory for her to protect her own citizens, it's her job.
The Russian Rock It

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"

^^^ this.

They aren't reporting much anyway... trying to keep panic at bay...

Hence everyone is confused about the 'mixed messages'

Most of the cases have come in on cruise ships anyway. We're making Rottnest Island a quarantine station for bloody cruisers now. I hope they don't give their bugs to the Quokkas.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Zetsu

Quote from: "Gaon"

I heartfully agree, nothing matters more when people's lives are at stake.

Sadly though the eyes of every Hongkonger, even the children knows she is now beyond hopeless.

Gaon

Sadly though the eyes of every Hongkonger, even the children knows she is now beyond hopeless.

China would replace her if she wasn't.
The Russian Rock It

Zetsu

Yup, but even worst is based on some evidence and rumors saying she wanted to quit her job long time ago but CCP wouldn't let her resign, looks like she's screwed for good.

Anonymous

Yup, but even worst is based on some evidence and rumors saying she wanted to quit her job long time ago but CCP wouldn't let her resign, looks like she's screwed for good.

I've heard that too Zetsu.

Anonymous

China would never allow someone like Emily Lau to be Chief Executive.

Dove

Quote from: "Mel"I know how viruses work and transmit, and the simple fact is that this will spread to almost everyone, eventually, worldwide.

You can't contain it.  It is impossible to contain.

Thousands of flights are still active, all around the world, at this very moment, bringing people "home"...

This is a "Global World" now, and there are no borders anymore.  We are NOT permitted to erect borders anymore, as per UN policy.

There are virtually no sovereign Nations that currently exist, that could have shut their borders, even if they wanted to, as per UN laws.

You WILL get the Kung Fu virus, eventually.  You will probably live.

Shutting down the whole World makes no sense, since we cannot stop the virus anyhow.

Protect the elderly, but more importantly...  Address the real issue!~

Chinks and their Wet Markets, and the absolutely disgusting Chink practices that permitted shit like this to take off in the first place.

Chinks, propane torching live animals for "that good taste" and all the other disgusting shit that these bug people do...  THAT is a problem.

Bats, Cats, Dogs and Rats...  These dumb Chinks think eating that shit will make their four inch dicks hard.  It WON'T!

That is all.

Are you aware what bottlenecks are? Not in the traditional sense but what it means in terms with the flow of people, goods, and services...

We're not fighting the virus in so much as we're rather fighting bottlenecks for people's lives, and goods and services which can maintain them...

What happens if everybody does a run on supermarkets, pharmacies, and banks? It collapses...

A 1-3% kill rate can rapidly go 10-50% if systems get hit...

...if you think you can shelter in place for 1-36 months...fair enough... you may make it... and things may even be okay... but you won't get the stench of rotting flesh out of your nose long after it's gone and you won't have many personal connections to fall back on...

...so pull your stupidity in.

I mean, do you understand we are doing this to slow the spread so hospitals dont end up overwhelmed and we dont have to resort to rationing care?

No, it's too late to stop and contain Covid. We know this. And it's already mutated. It will likely mutate again.

We are doing this to slow it down. Not contain it.  That ship sailed.

So would you like to see break outs so bad our health care systems collapse and we have more deaths and more severely ill patients that we cannot keep up with? Throw some staff shortage on top of that? People getting reinfected?

Novel viruses work different with the human immune system than human viruses do. We have no immunities to this, it will spread faster than we can deal with.

And how many younger people have underlying health conditions they dont know they have?

We got "healthy" people in their 30s on vents here. Several others needing medical support, of various ages. In other countries, they had to make decisions to provide vent support to younger people with a stronger recovery rate and have pallative comfort care provided to the elderly or terminal.  

What does that tell you?
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Frood

Quote from: "Dove"
Quote from: "Mel"I know how viruses work and transmit, and the simple fact is that this will spread to almost everyone, eventually, worldwide.

Thousands of flights are still active, all around the world, at this very moment, bringing people "home"...

This is a "Global World" now, and there are no borders anymore.  We are NOT permitted to erect borders anymore, as per UN policy.

There are virtually no sovereign Nations that currently exist, that could have shut their borders, even if they wanted to, as per UN laws.

Shutting down the whole World makes no sense, since we cannot stop the virus anyhow.

Chinks and their Wet Markets, and the absolutely disgusting Chink practices that permitted shit like this to take off in the first place.

Chinks, propane torching live animals for "that good taste" and all the other disgusting shit that these bug people do...  THAT is a problem.

Bats, Cats, Dogs and Rats...  These dumb Chinks think eating that shit will make their four inch dicks hard.  It WON'T!

That is all.

Are you aware what bottlenecks are? Not in the traditional sense but what it means in terms with the flow of people, goods, and services...

We're not fighting the virus in so much as we're rather fighting bottlenecks for people's lives, and goods and services which can maintain them...

What happens if everybody does a run on supermarkets, pharmacies, and banks? It collapses...

...if you think you can shelter in place for 1-36 months...fair enough... you may make it... and things may even be okay... but you won't get the stench of rotting flesh out of your nose long after it's gone and you won't have many personal connections to fall back on...

I mean, do you understand we are doing this to slow the spread so hospitals dont end up overwhelmed and we dont have to resort to rationing care?

No, it's too late to stop and contain Covid. We know this. And it's already mutated. It will likely mutate again.

So would you like to see break outs so bad our health care systems collapse and we have more deaths and more severely ill patients that we cannot keep up with? Throw some staff shortage on top of that? People getting reinfected?

Novel viruses work different with the human immune system than human viruses do. We have no immunities to this, it will spread faster than we can deal with.

And how many younger people have underlying health conditions they dont know they have?

We got "healthy" people in their 30s on vents here. Several others needing medical support, of various ages. In other countries, they had to make decisions to provide vent support to younger people with a stronger recovery rate and have pallative comfort care provided to the elderly or terminal.  

What does that tell you?

Why preach to me?  :confused1:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dove"

That is all.

What does that tell you?

Why preach to me?  :confused1:

Sorry Dink.

I was addressing Mel lol

And I forgot to log in.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Are you aware what bottlenecks are? Not in the traditional sense but what it means in terms with the flow of people, goods, and services...

I understand how this works, and that's why I mentioned special measures of protection for the elderly and those of weak health, since they are the ones that are typically dying from this virus.

You or I would probably be just fine if we contracted Chinkenpox from each other...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview