Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I removed my signature because it was causing vaginal

Started by Oak, April 04, 2020, 09:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: "Fashionista"Alcohol and tobacco should be illegal.

It would be a more wonderful world if they were.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Mel"
Quote from: "Fashionista"It's your life...you are free to waste it.

That's right!  I like to smoke, so it is what it is!

4chan is entertaining me right now with how you Yellow people like to waste lives also!  From elevator malfunctions chopping people in half, to escalators, to manufacturing plant mishaps, to basically everything that would NOT be acceptable in a White Euro nation!  You really have no grounds, as an Asian immigrant of convenience to this country, to question my preference in smoking tobacco products...

My ciggies used to cost $23 for a packet of 30s... Now they are $30 a packet... I used to go through 1.5 packets a day... my habit was over $200 a week.

By giving up, I saved $40,000 .... I now live on... If I had have kept smoking, I would have wasted $60,000. (6 years worth of non-smoking)

Our government gets $15 in tax evertime a packet of smokes has been consumed. The government no longer gets $5,000 a year in extra tax from me.

Too bad I didn't have the brains to stop YEARS earler.

I was under the impression a pack of thirties was set to crack the $50 pricetag this year, based on what I'd been reading and the scuttlebutt from conversations I'd had with Freud on the topic. Maybe that was the "Bucket-O-Smoke" packets of 50 being sold out that way, I'd have to check.

I'm trying to remember how much it cost me for a pack of 30s the last time I was in your country. Pretty sure it was around ten dollars; for contrast they were selling soft packs of 20 for five dollars in the stores here in Canada at the time and even that was considered excessive, since the right connections could net you a carton of smokes from your friendly local First Nationer for a ballpark of fifteen to twenty dollars. Not that I needed it, vaping is legal here, way cheaper (my last e-juice order was in October and cost me sixty dollars tax inclusive) and carries significantly less health costs, so much so the tobacco lobby prevailed upon our prime mincer to invoke legislation forbidding vendors from comparing the two under any circumstances. As a vendor you can be fined exorbitant amounts by the health department for leaving out flyers itemizing the results of clinical studies, go figure.

They are on their way to $50... Our government are drug dealers imo. Vaping is legal here however vaping isn't as safe as you think it is. It causes lung injury so while you think you're being clever you're risking this vvv

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html">https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_infor ... sease.html">https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html

Last I checked, vaping is certainly legal where you are, but way more highly regulated than it is in Canada and certainly to a higher extent than tobacco products are in either country, at least when it comes to juice containing nicotine. Feel free to correct me here, but the government policy was that supplies of e-juice which contained nicotine was regulated to doctor's prescription only and only a maximum of three months worth of juice might be purchased at a time with no more than fifteen months worth purchased in any twelve month period. I haven't seen any indication as to what they consider "three months worth" to be, but it should be noted my October order was four 60ml bottles of varying salt nix e-juices of varying flavours and I am guessing that whatever your government thinks is three months worth is probably way less than that.

Not sure where you get the idea that I thought vaping was "safe". It does contain an addictive drug (nicotine) for starters and just like apricots, you can fuck yourself up pretty badly if you have too much of it. I did know that certain Chinese suppliers had a penchant for adding vitamin e to various juice lines (which seems to be what the CDC link is warning against in the link you provided) but I never bought product from China myself and tended to choose from more reputable sources in the vaping community that limited to their ingredients list to nicotine and food grade flavouring in a mix of vegetable glycerine (for flavour delivery) and propylene glycol (for throat hit). Even this itself is not "health food" (neither is alcohol or indeed over the counter cough syrup), but independent clinical studies have shown measurable improvement to the cardiovascular systems of those who have switched from cigarettes to vaping of such and I distinctly recall one study on the potential for bronchial tissue damage where vaping was revealed to be significantly less damaging than tobacco smoke and about as damaging as breathing city air. I avoid "dry hits" and overburning of coils (both of which taste revolting anyway) and tend to prefer the smaller profile vaporizers over the sub-ohm variety known for dumping vast clouds of e-vapor into the air upon exhalation which tends to keep the rabid anti-smoking lobby from getting too excited. I wouldn't want to give them a heart attach after all!  ac_biggrin

So not "safe", but certainly safeer than a 50~60 cigarette a day habit and I'm no longer reeking like an ash tray everywhere I go. I can tell my lung capacity is up on where I was at 10 years ago and key indicators such as blood pressure and heart rate aren't giving my GP any cause for alarm. I don't recommend anyone take it up to "look cool" or "get high", but if a smoker was looking for a less harmful method of delivery for short or long term, I'd certainly invite them to consider reading up on it and making the choice for themselves.

http://ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research">http://ecigarette-research.org/research ... p/research">http://ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research

Congratulations on quitting by the way. Some people maintain it is harder habit to kick than heroin, so you've every right to feel proud of your achievement. ac_smile

Frood

Smokes are 40 bucks give or take depending on quality, for a qty of 30...

100 bucks give or take for 50g of roll your own... Drum is about 104-105...

A total government money grab...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

I was smoking Winfield Reds... but they put everything in plain packaging...

Anyway, the best thing I ever did in recent times was quit smoking... I still have damaged lungs from being a greedy pig smoking my head off 6 years earlier.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

My aunty quit smoking years ago and used to use the nicotine chewies.... She still developed lung cancer. They gave her 6 months to live. There were two courses of cancer treatment offered to her... the full caboot or a 6 week course of tablets and your hair doesn't fall out... She chose the 6 week course. She is still alive today, her lump in the lungs reduced and she is in remission.... She is bloody lucky. It was her lung cancer that speeded up my desire to quit and my sister brought around nicotine lozengers... I tasted one and said, "yep, I can do this." My sister still smokes.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

4chan is entertaining me right now with how you Yellow people like to waste lives also!  From elevator malfunctions chopping people in half, to escalators, to manufacturing plant mishaps, to basically everything that would NOT be acceptable in a White Euro nation!  You really have no grounds, as an Asian immigrant of convenience to this country, to question my preference in smoking tobacco products...

My ciggies used to cost $23 for a packet of 30s... Now they are $30 a packet... I used to go through 1.5 packets a day... my habit was over $200 a week.

By giving up, I saved $40,000 .... I now live on... If I had have kept smoking, I would have wasted $60,000. (6 years worth of non-smoking)

Our government gets $15 in tax evertime a packet of smokes has been consumed. The government no longer gets $5,000 a year in extra tax from me.

I was under the impression a pack of thirties was set to crack the $50 pricetag this year, based on what I'd been reading and the scuttlebutt from conversations I'd had with Freud on the topic. Maybe that was the "Bucket-O-Smoke" packets of 50 being sold out that way, I'd have to check.

I'm trying to remember how much it cost me for a pack of 30s the last time I was in your country. Pretty sure it was around ten dollars; for contrast they were selling soft packs of 20 for five dollars in the stores here in Canada at the time and even that was considered excessive, since the right connections could net you a carton of smokes from your friendly local First Nationer for a ballpark of fifteen to twenty dollars. Not that I needed it, vaping is legal here, way cheaper (my last e-juice order was in October and cost me sixty dollars tax inclusive) and carries significantly less health costs, so much so the tobacco lobby prevailed upon our prime mincer to invoke legislation forbidding vendors from comparing the two under any circumstances. As a vendor you can be fined exorbitant amounts by the health department for leaving out flyers itemizing the results of clinical studies, go figure.

They are on their way to $50... Our government are drug dealers imo. Vaping is legal here however vaping isn't as safe as you think it is. It causes lung injury so while you think you're being clever you're risking this vvv

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html">https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_infor ... sease.html">https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html

Last I checked, vaping is certainly legal where you are, but way more highly regulated than it is in Canada and certainly to a higher extent than tobacco products are in either country, at least when it comes to juice containing nicotine. Feel free to correct me here, but the government policy was that supplies of e-juice which contained nicotine was regulated to doctor's prescription only and only a maximum of three months worth of juice might be purchased at a time with no more than fifteen months worth purchased in any twelve month period. I haven't seen any indication as to what they consider "three months worth" to be, but it should be noted my October order was four 60ml bottles of varying salt nix e-juices of varying flavours and I am guessing that whatever your government thinks is three months worth is probably way less than that.

Not sure where you get the idea that I thought vaping was "safe". It does contain an addictive drug (nicotine) for starters and just like apricots, you can fuck yourself up pretty badly if you have too much of it. I did know that certain Chinese suppliers had a penchant for adding vitamin e to various juice lines (which seems to be what the CDC link is warning against in the link you provided) but I never bought product from China myself and tended to choose from more reputable sources in the vaping community that limited to their ingredients list to nicotine and food grade flavouring in a mix of vegetable glycerine (for flavour delivery) and propylene glycol (for throat hit). Even this itself is not "health food" (neither is alcohol or indeed over the counter cough syrup), but independent clinical studies have shown measurable improvement to the cardiovascular systems of those who have switched from cigarettes to vaping of such and I distinctly recall one study on the potential for bronchial tissue damage where vaping was revealed to be significantly less damaging than tobacco smoke and about as damaging as breathing city air. I avoid "dry hits" and overburning of coils (both of which taste revolting anyway) and tend to prefer the smaller profile vaporizers over the sub-ohm variety known for dumping vast clouds of e-vapor into the air upon exhalation which tends to keep the rabid anti-smoking lobby from getting too excited. I wouldn't want to give them a heart attach after all!  ac_biggrin

So not "safe", but certainly safeer than a 50~60 cigarette a day habit and I'm no longer reeking like an ash tray everywhere I go. I can tell my lung capacity is up on where I was at 10 years ago and key indicators such as blood pressure and heart rate aren't giving my GP any cause for alarm. I don't recommend anyone take it up to "look cool" or "get high", but if a smoker was looking for a less harmful method of delivery for short or long term, I'd certainly invite them to consider reading up on it and making the choice for themselves.

http://ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research">http://ecigarette-research.org/research ... p/research">http://ecigarette-research.org/research/index.php/research

Congratulations on quitting by the way. Some people maintain it is harder habit to kick than heroin, so you've every right to feel proud of your achievement. ac_smile

It's tar from ciggies that kills people...eventually.

its the germ build up in the device people use vapping that kills people. They breath in various moulds as well. ..
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

It's tar from ciggies that kills people...eventually.

its the germ build up in the device people use vapping that kills people. They breath in various moulds as well. ..

Not sure where you'd get that idea from, considering that the only health flap to make the news tickers go into overdrive was the whole Vitamin E additive deal that had everyone wringing their hands six months back. In any event, a vast majority of pen styled vaping devices use prepacked disposable pods these days and the only part of the device to survive for significant time is the battery itself. Even if you were to use the non-pod option (as I do) and not maintain it, you'd have to contend with progressively shittier taste and coils getting gummed up with crap and burning out long before mould had had a chance to accumulate to levels exceeding that of (for example) a PET juicebox off the shelf of your local supermarket. Most people I know don't let it get anywhere near that far and you're the first person in eight years that I've seen raise it as a concern.

Personally I like to give mine a good swabbing out with a couple of Q-tips, some pipe cleaners and some rubbing alcohol followed by a couple of squirts of boiled water before leaving it to dry for ten minutes ahead of its next refill. The whole process costs literally pennies, but it does keep the coils running clean and the vapour delivered tasting pleasant. And since I treat mine as a personal vaping device, the only lips touching it are my own and I am (heh) forced to get my life threatening germs via other avenues.

Turning up to coffee houses and restaurants where the staff are forbidden from wearing masks because it might scare the customers would be a good example of this.  :icon_wink:

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"It's not our job to entertain middle aged alcoholics.

I'm not middle aged quite yet you fucking Chink of convenience, nor am I asking you to entertain me, since you have zero ability for abstract humour in the first place!

Go read some more bible passages instead of concerning yourself with my drinking and/or smoking habits.

Stop with the name calling...I'm so sick of racists shit.  And yes, you are middle aged, so am I...get over it.

I'd rather see bible passages instead of mean words.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

I'm not middle aged quite yet you fucking Chink of convenience, nor am I asking you to entertain me, since you have zero ability for abstract humour in the first place!

Go read some more bible passages instead of concerning yourself with my drinking and/or smoking habits.

Stop with the name calling...I'm so sick of racists shit.  And yes, you are middle aged, so am I...get over it.

You can't reason with an inebriated person.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"Alcohol and tobacco should be illegal.

I wouldn't mind that also.  Esp alcohol, it's terrible.

I still smoke, I'm always on again, off again...I don't like smoking but I'm addicted to it...I'm trying to cut back right now and eventually quit (hopefully for good). Im worried about the price of smokes eventually skyrocketing...right now I pay about $15-$16/pack...it keeps creeping up and up.

On a better note, I am still completely sober and the end of the month will be 500 days for me.  I have saved a lot of money and changed my lifestyle...I even bought a car!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Smokes are 40 bucks give or take depending on quality, for a qty of 30...

Absolutely. It costs the tobacco companies around a cent per cigarette in production costs. Working from that, smokers are being taxed more massively for their habit than they would be if they chose to purchase a Bugatti penis extension instead and it makes me laugh when I hear health nuts banging on about the cost to the community that smokers represent. The truth is, that cost has already been paid... many times over in fact.

It's just the funds were stolen by the very people who regulate the industry. You should see the penalties they apply to your lot if you get caught dealing in tobacco out your way... far cheaper in terms of penalty to be caught with kilo of hash-hish than it is a kilo of chop-chop.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Oh I know.  It gets old.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Old Herman is lovable when he has had a thimble or two of barrel wash.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"Smokes are 40 bucks give or take depending on quality, for a qty of 30...

Absolutely. It costs the tobacco companies around a cent per cigarette in production costs. Working from that, smokers are being taxed more massively for their habit than they would be if they chose to purchase a Bugatti penis extension instead and it makes me laugh when I hear health nuts banging on about the cost to the community that smokers represent. The truth is, that cost has already been paid... many times over in fact.

It's just the funds were stolen by the very people who regulate the industry. You should see the penalties they apply to your lot if you get caught dealing in tobacco out your way... far cheaper in terms of penalty to be caught with kilo of hash-hish than it is a kilo of chop-chop.

Right you are brother. Sin taxes are a cash cow for governments.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview