Replies: 10329
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:05:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

Trucking...

Started by Anonymous, April 06, 2020, 05:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Many all of a sudden want to thank truckers for delivering your shit now...

I will explain something:  Work 100 hours per week, log 70 hours in the books (maximum), and get paid for 50.

No overtime, no Stat pay, NOTHING.

When I calculated my total hours for a produce haul from Mexico to Canada, when I was a company driver, I was earning less than minimum wage.

Something to think about.  There are ZERO non-union carriers in Canada that follow Labour Laws, and even a few unionized carriers that don't follow even the most minimal labour laws.

100/70/50, and if you question that, you're fucking fired for some paki that just got fast tracked in to replace you!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"Many all of a sudden want to thank truckers for delivering your shit now...

I will explain something:  Work 100 hours per week, log 70 hours in the books (maximum), and get paid for 50.

When I calculated my total hours for a produce haul from Mexico to Canada, when I was a company driver, I was earning less than minimum wage.

Something to think about.  There are ZERO non-union carriers in Canada that follow Labour Laws, and even a few unionized carriers that don't follow even the most minimal labour laws.

100/70/50, and if you question that, you're fucking fired for some paki that just got fast tracked in to replace you!

There's a man in our congregation that used to work as a long distance truck driver..

He said shorter runs pays better.

Anonymous

I'm sure you could make a lotta money delivering food from Vancouver to the Interior as your own private business, Mel & not driving for anyone.

Just find a supplier who is willing to work with you.

The one thing they don't got where you live now is a coastline hence no local seafood.

There must be a lotta people in the Interior who want it tho.

Anyways I understand why the wages would be shit.

The carrier probably charges their clients at least twice as much for your driving services as youre getting paid because the carrier has to make a profit.

Its like an engineering firm that bills out the service of its engineers at $100 per hour, but the engineer only makes $35 per hour & the profits go into the firm's pockets.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Mel"Many all of a sudden want to thank truckers for delivering your shit now...

There's a man in our congregation that used to work as a long distance truck driver..

He said shorter runs pays better.

Thats the same in any driving, Fashionists.

For example I heard with the introduction of uber in Vancouver, there still aren't enough vehicles to service clients in the suburbs cuz they all headed downtown where the money is. They figger its better to do 10 short trips, burn less gas than do 1 long one which may use twice as much gas but earn 1/2 as much.

So the coming of uber here didn't solve anything & confirms what was previously thought by many.

There never was a taxi shortage in Vancouver. Just a shortage of drivers willing to pick up clients where the profit margin was low.

And just like trucking its the dame chatacters who've taken over uber as the trucking industry.

The Brown People from Surrey.

The Pakis & the East Indians.

The same shady tactics by the same shady people.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Guest"I'm sure you could make a lotta money delivering food from Vancouver to the Interior as your own private business, Mel & not driving for anyone.

The one thing they don't got where you live now is a coastline hence no local seafood.

The carrier probably charges their clients at least twice as much for your driving services as youre getting paid because the carrier has to make a profit.

Its like an engineering firm that bills out the service of its engineers at $100 per hour, but the engineer only makes $35 per hour & the profits go into the firm's pockets.

It's very obvious you've never hired anyone or run a medium size business before.
Permanently off his rocker

cc

LOL

JoJo is a know everything / know nothing

He really gave it away in that post - but will never get it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Zetsu

Quote from: "cc"LOL

JoJo is a know everything / know nothing

He really gave it away in that post - but will never get it

Yup, there are just too many idiots like Joe out there that fails to realized just how stupid they are, lol.

Given what he is only capable of, and if he has no choice but to start up his own business here in Canada, he'll be the first to be killed by ISO organizations warring against each other.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Joe has more time in this pandemic to derail discussions.

cc

I got a shot of him in DTES

Joe Btfsplk  .. I kid you not

https://bookofjoe.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/joebtfsplk_1.jpg">

"Brings Gloom & Doom wherever he goes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu"
Quote from: "Guest"I'm sure you could make a lotta money delivering food from Vancouver to the Interior as your own private business, Mel & not driving for anyone.

It's very obvious you've never hired anyone or run a medium size business before.

No.

Thats a fact.

The emoloyee doesnt get paid an hourly wage that he or she is billed out at to a client.

If the worker makes $20 per hour, the firm will charge the client $40 per hour.

Because of course the company has to pay for other things including employee tax.

The company couldnt make a profit if it was charginh just the employees hourly wage.

Do you think the same arrangement doesnt work in trucking or limousining or bus transport?

The latter 2, the company bills the client $100 an hour and pays the driver $15 to $20 per hour.

Because other bills have to be paid such as gas, insurance, taxes, employee benefits, taxes, permit fees.

There has to be money left over for profit.

Again if the company only charged minimum like $20 to cover the drivers wage, theyd go broke.

Its as simple as that.

Challenge me on my assumptions if u think Im wrong.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"I got a shot of him in DTES

Joe Btfsplk  .. I kid you not

https://bookofjoe.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/joebtfsplk_1.jpg">

"Brings Gloom & Doom wherever he goes

That's Joe alright.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

No.

Thats a fact.

The emoloyee doesnt get paid an hourly wage that he or she is billed out at to a client.

Because of course the company has to pay for other things including employee tax.

The company couldnt make a profit if it was charginh just the employees hourly wage.

Do you think the same arrangement doesnt work in trucking or limousining or bus transport?

The latter 2, the company bills the client $100 an hour and pays the driver $15 to $20 per hour.

Because other bills have to be paid such as gas, insurance, taxes, employee benefits, taxes, permit fees.

Again if the company only charged minimum like $20 to cover the drivers wage, theyd go broke.

Its as simple as that.

You said profits, though still questionable and only applies if you're referring to NP, but saying it goes into their pockets contradicts with what you say.

cc

You know there's no logic  comprehension, right?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"You know there's no logic  comprehension, right?

I concur, and should have heed everyone's advise.  Joe is like a lame duck.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Zetsu1"
Quote from: "Guest"

No.

Thats a fact.

Its as simple as that.

You said profits, though still questionable and only applies if you're referring to NP, but saying it goes into their pockets contradicts with what you say.

Pockets, shelf, bank...essentially the same thing.

The cream on top.

Otherwise how could any company be profitable & still continue to operate and stay in business?

Yes there has to be something in it for the business operator.

They have to pocket what they can and retain as much profit for themselves for the busibess to be viable.The employee has to be profitable for them so they can be retained by the company.

Why is that such a bad thing?

Or were you offended because I didn't use a euphimism or politically correct businessspeak terminology?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview