Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

People ignoring the lockdown

Started by Anonymous, April 11, 2020, 03:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Maybe we should do like the Philipines

"Shoot them dead":

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown

"Shoot them dead": Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown

In the Philippines, the 57 million residents of the country's main island, Luzon, are under strict lockdown orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Despite that, many in a Manila slum took to the streets Wednesday to protest a lack of supplies, arguing they had not received any food packs since the lockdown started two weeks ago.

The local government refutes those claims and clashed with protestors, ultimately arresting 20 people who refused to return home.

Later that night, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte took to the airwaves with a chilling warning for his citizens: Defy the lockdown orders again and the police will shoot you dead.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Trucks serve a practical purpose though Berry.

Absolutely, they do.  Not everyone that has one  uses for that practical purpose...some have them cause they think it makes them look important or rich.  In reality, they can't afford the damn thing.

I have underground parking. I have no use for a pick up, but even if I did, space is limited in the underground parkade.

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"Maybe we should do like the Philipines

"Shoot them dead":

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown

"Shoot them dead": Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte orders police and military to kill citizens who defy coronavirus lockdown

In the Philippines, the 57 million residents of the country's main island, Luzon, are under strict lockdown orders to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Despite that, many in a Manila slum took to the streets Wednesday to protest a lack of supplies, arguing they had not received any food packs since the lockdown started two weeks ago.

The local government refutes those claims and clashed with protestors, ultimately arresting 20 people who refused to return home.

Later that night, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte took to the airwaves with a chilling warning for his citizens: Defy the lockdown orders again and the police will shoot you dead.

And they thought they had it tough under Marcos...lol

But they should be issuing food to people if they cannot leave their homes....

They might start killing the police and who would blame them?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

"Shoot them dead":

I seem to recall similar sentiments being expressed over in Italy when a bunch of mayors threatened to turn the flamethrowers on the citizenry. Meanwhile you have roving gangs of police being turned into squadding pawns in England and kicking in doors for no reason other than some miscreant called a local hotline on someone they didn't like... kinda takes the whole ordering of 30 pizzas to Caskur's house to a whole new level.

Now would be a good time to own a gun I imagine.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

"Shoot them dead":

I seem to recall similar sentiments being expressed over in Italy when a bunch of mayors threatened to turn the flamethrowers on the citizenry. Meanwhile you have roving gangs of police being turned into squadding pawns in England and kicking in doors for no reason other than some miscreant called a local hotline on someone they didn't like... kinda takes the whole ordering of 30 pizzas to Caskur's house to a whole new level.

I remember a mayor of a Northern Italian city encouraged Italians to hug a Chinese person when the coronavirus started to hit the region hard..

Not only is that patronizing to East Asians, it could've quickly spread the virus.

Berry Sweet

I'm wondering what will come of May long weekend? I'm also wondering of the long term effects will be for those who recovered from the virus?

I have no problem staying home, probably cause I live on a busy street and I can see out my window everyone hustling and bustling to get their shit done, people going for walks, seniors taking it easy with their walkers, cyclist, teens on skateboards, etc...there's a lot of movement out there....I make myself a cup of tea and sit in the window, watching...I feel like a cat lol

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

"Shoot them dead":

I remember a mayor of a Northern Italian city encouraged Italians to hug a Chinese person when the coronavirus started to hit the region hard..

Not only is that patronizing to East Asians, it could've quickly spread the virus.

I put it to you that the reason Italy was hit as hard as it was is largely down to exactly that. Hell, you think that's bad, Iran's case was even worse - the clerics bless water there by taking a sip of it and spitting it back.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm wondering what will come of May long weekend? I'm also wondering of the long term effects will be for those who recovered from the virus?

I have no problem staying home, probably cause I live on a busy street and I can see out my window everyone hustling and bustling to get their shit done, people going for walks, seniors taking it easy with their walkers, cyclist, teens on skateboards, etc...there's a lot of movement out there....I make myself a cup of tea and sit in the window, watching...I feel like a cat lol

We probably won't be going camping near Mel's house this summer..

Our provincial government is discouraging any camping this summer..

Most wildfires are started by campers and the province doesn't want to be fighting the pandemic and wildfires simultaneously.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm wondering what will come of May long weekend? I'm also wondering of the long term effects will be for those who recovered from the virus?

We probably won't be going camping near Mel's house this summer..

Our provincial government is discouraging any camping this summer..

Most wildfires are started by campers and the province doesn't want to be fighting the pandemic and wildfires simultaneously.

Hurricane and tornado season is coming too.

I know a lot of people who live where Mel lives...it is not completely white there anymore, so I dunno what he's talking about when he says it's all white.

cc

That's because he went there in Winter and they all had snow all over them

As you know well, Berry, Mel is easily tricked
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"That's because he went there in Winter and they all had snow all over them

As you know well, Berry, Mel is easily tricked

lol, the Kootenays are predominantly Caucasian, but I wasn't the only visible minority either..

Lots of Filipinos, East Indians and Koreans working at or owning stores, gas stations and restaurants.

Berry Sweet

It's true.  

I don't live near the hospital, but people are honking their horns as they drive down my street....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It's true.  

I don't live near the hospital, but people are honking their horns as they drive down my street....

What's that about?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

What's that about?

GPS malfunction.  ac_biggrin

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Shen Li"

What's that about?

I'm their pandemic hero!  :laugh3:

At 7pm people honk their horns or bang on pots to thank / support the front line workers.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview