News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Will there be further waves of food shortages in our future?

Started by Frood, April 12, 2020, 02:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"If I have to deal with your ignorance a minute further, I may even start drinking....

Good... swallow the whole can and do the world a favour...

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Can of what?
Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

I'm waiting for my spinach pizza to finish baking.  I am hungry today.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm waiting for my spinach pizza to finish baking.  I am hungry today.

I had one of those on Friday lol.

Tonight, tacos!  ac_dance
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm waiting for my spinach pizza to finish baking.  I am hungry today.

Alriiight!! :punk:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Alriiight!! :punk:

Do you like tacos Berry?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I ❤ tacos!

My husband and children love chicken fajitas.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I ❤ tacos!

Tacos are my favorite!

If there winds up being a food shortage, and I cant make tacos, I will be a sad Blaze  :sad:

Blazor

Speaking of which, I heard that the Smithfield plant has shut down, and a Tyson plant has shut down, after several employees tested positive. Heard there is a 3 week meat supply out there right now. After that, who knows. There will be panic meat buying this week.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Speaking of which, I heard that the Smithfield plant has shut down, and a Tyson plant has shut down, after several employees tested positive. Heard there is a 3 week meat supply out there right now. After that, who knows. There will be panic meat buying this week.

I read about a large pork processor in South Dakota shutting down after an outbreak of the coronavirus at the plant.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Speaking of which, I heard that the Smithfield plant has shut down, and a Tyson plant has shut down, after several employees tested positive. Heard there is a 3 week meat supply out there right now. After that, who knows. There will be panic meat buying this week.

I read about a large pork processor in South Dakota shutting down after an outbreak of the coronavirus at the plant.

Yup, thats the Smithfield one.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Yup, thats the Smithfield one.

We have two large pork plants in Western Canada, the Olymel plant in Red Deer, Alberta and the Maple Leaf plant in Brandon, Manitoba..

I wonder if the will increase production to fill the gap.

Anonymous

There could be a beef shortage soon.

If the other mega beef packing plant, Lakeside in Brooks has an outbreak, we're in trouble.

Around 1,000 Cargill employees laid off following outbreak of COVID-19 cases: Union

CALGARY -- The union representing workers at the Cargill High River protein facility says around 1,000 employees have been laid off following an outbreak of COVID-19 related cases at the plant.

"We're very disappointed because we're not really hearing from Cargill," said Tom Hesse, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers.

The union said about 2,000 workers are split into a morning and afternoon shift.

As of Monday, 38 employees tested positive for the virus. Union officials said one person has since been hospitalized.

The Canadian Cattleman's Association said about 40 percent of the beef processed in Western Canada comes from the High River plant.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/around-1-000-cargill-employees-laid-off-following-outbreak-of-covid-19-cases-union-1.4896072">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/around-1-000 ... -1.4896072">https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/around-1-000-cargill-employees-laid-off-following-outbreak-of-covid-19-cases-union-1.4896072

Blazor

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Im expecting another panic buy on meat this weekend.

I will be filling our deep freezer tomorrow when I shop tomorrow.