Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:53:18 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

A

Coroanvirus Overreaction

Started by Anonymous, April 20, 2020, 10:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

QuoteUSC and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on Monday released preliminary results from a collaborative scientific study that suggests infections from the new coronavirus are far more widespread — and the fatality rate much lower — in L.A. County than previously thought. The results are from the first round of an ongoing study by USC researchers and county health officials. They will be conducting antibody testing over time on a series of representative samples of adults to determine the scope and spread of the pandemic across the county.

Based on the results of the first round of testing, the research team estimates that approximately 4.1% of the county's adult population has an antibody to the virus. Adjusting this estimate for the statistical margin of error implies about 2.8% to 5.6% of the county's adult population has an antibody to the virus — which translates to approximately 221,000 to 442,000 adults in the county who have been infected. That estimate is 28 to 55 times higher than the 7,994 confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported to the county at the time of the study in early April. The number of COVID-related deaths in the county has now surpassed 600.

"We haven't known the true extent of COVID-19 infections in our community because we have only tested people with symptoms, and the availability of tests has been limited," said lead investigator Neeraj Sood, professor of public policy at the USC Price School for Public Policy and senior fellow at the USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics. "The estimates also suggest that we might have to recalibrate disease prediction models and rethink public health strategies."

https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody-testing-results-covid-19-infections-los-angeles-county/">https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody-te ... es-county/">https://news.usc.edu/168987/antibody-testing-results-covid-19-infections-los-angeles-county/
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

LA County has built up a stronger immunity due to the people living in filth and piss and shit that line the streets...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"LA County has built up a stronger immunity due to the people living in filth and piss and shit that line the streets...

Classic cc.

:laugh:

caskur

Quote from: "cc"
Quote from: "Guest"Caskur isn't smart enough to see past het fat gut.

How many thousands of people will due because their surgeries are cancelled. All of this death to avoid catching avirus that makes 99% of the people suck for 10 days.

Shpell Musch??

:wink:

I had 3 typos in one sentence myself.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "Guest"Caskur isn't smart enough to see past het fat gut.

How many thousands of people will due because their surgeries are cancelled. All of this death to avoid catching avirus that makes 99% of the people suck for 10 days. :crazy:

Guest, I suggest you catch up on the reality of this virus.

Why have you even bothered to respond in this thread without a real nickname? Is it because you have an IQ the size of your shoe? It sounds like it.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Deaths are rising across North America and Europe, and not all are because of COVID-19..

And since we know the USA's death count from the virus is lower than they report because they count everybody who has the virus and dies, died of the coronavirus, non virus deaths are spiking do to extended lockdowns.

eath rates are the highest they have been in 20 years in the U.K., nearly double what is usually reported. While around a third of the deaths in England and Wales were linked to coronavirus, there was a significant increase in deaths from other causes. That seems to be true for the U.S. as well. In New York City, for example, an extra 17,000 extra deaths have been recorded above-average since March 11, with 13,000 of them linked to COVID-19.

That leaves another 4,000 deaths above average not linked to coronavirus.

This has led to some experts, like Professor Carl Heneghan, director of the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine at Oxford University, to call for an end to the lockdown.

"The damaging effects now of lockdown are going to outweigh the damaging effects of coronavirus," he has said.

Heneghan argues that cases of COVID-19 reached a peak before the U.K. was placed on lockdown, with social distancing measures and advice to regularly wash hands having the telling impact without the need for a full lockdown.

Sweden has avoided mandatory lockdown restrictions and, as of April 21, has reported 15,322 infections with 1,765 deaths, around 10 percent the number of cases and deaths in the U.K. and 2 percent of the U.S.'s

'If you go look at what's happening in Sweden, they are holding their nerve and they haven't had doomsday scenario," Heneghan has said. "Our Government has got it completely the wrong way around."

While Sweden's death toll is higher than usual, if you take away the deaths recorded as linked to coronavirus, the death rate is nearly exactly average, the New York Times found.

https://www.newsweek.com/could-continuing-lockdown-more-deadly-coronavirus-itself-1499531">https://www.newsweek.com/could-continui ... lf-1499531">https://www.newsweek.com/could-continuing-lockdown-more-deadly-coronavirus-itself-1499531

Vancouver

Elderly 92 year old man with dementia attacked in racially-motivated incident.

Staff members at a 7-11 were trying to help the elderly Asian man when another customer started shouting racist remarks at the victim, the Vancouver Police Department said in a news release Wednesday.

Some of the comments were related to COVID-19.

The incident continued outside, where it is alleged the elderly man was shoved. The man fell to the ground and hit his head, police said.

Officers were called to the store, but the other man had left the scene.

The VPD released photos of the suspect Wednesday, saying the assault is being investigated as a hate crime.

"Everything about this assault and the behaviour of the suspect is despicable," Const. Tania Visintin said in a statement.

"As a police department, we do not tolerate incidents motivated by bias, prejudice, or hate. It's even more disturbing considering the victim's age."

The internet was quick to identify the man as Jamie Bezanson. works at the port of vancouver. Have a son name Luke. Redditers even found his wife's facebook. Security cameras these days provide such good quality video.

https://www.youtube.com/watchone?v=tBHW57U7uJU">https://www.youtube.com/watchone?v=tBHW57U7uJU
Time is malleable

Odinson

Maybe he was trolling him..

In engrish.

I dont rike you american... Arr americans shtoopid..

Anonymous

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"Elderly 92 year old man with dementia attacked in racially-motivated incident.

Staff members at a 7-11 were trying to help the elderly Asian man when another customer started shouting racist remarks at the victim, the Vancouver Police Department said in a news release Wednesday.

Some of the comments were related to COVID-19.

The incident continued outside, where it is alleged the elderly man was shoved. The man fell to the ground and hit his head, police said.

Officers were called to the store, but the other man had left the scene.

The VPD released photos of the suspect Wednesday, saying the assault is being investigated as a hate crime.

"Everything about this assault and the behaviour of the suspect is despicable," Const. Tania Visintin said in a statement.

"As a police department, we do not tolerate incidents motivated by bias, prejudice, or hate. It's even more disturbing considering the victim's age."

The internet was quick to identify the man as Jamie Bezanson. works at the port of vancouver. Have a son name Luke. Redditers even found his wife's facebook. Security cameras these days provide such good quality video.

https://www.youtube.com/watchone?v=tBHW57U7uJU">https://www.youtube.com/watchone?v=tBHW57U7uJU

That was difficult to watch.....despicable.

Berry Sweet

It saddens me some people are so close minded.  Everyone is a person, doesn't  matter what race they are...no innocent civilian is responsible for what is happening in the world.  This is what hate and evil does...it separates us and makes us weak...if it continues on, it will win....this is an invisible  enemy and we don't  want it to succeed.   Please be kind to one another, stand together, it will make us stronger.  I might sound cheesy to some, but it's  the truth.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It saddens me some people are so close minded.  Everyone is a person, doesn't  matter what race they are...no innocent civilian is responsible for what is happening in the world.  This is what hate and evil does...it separates us and makes us weak...if it continues on, it will win....this is an invisible  enemy and we don't  want it to succeed.   Please be kind to one another, stand together, it will make us stronger.  I might sound cheesy to some, but it's  the truth.

Notice the two white people comming into the store and do nothing to help the man

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"Notice the two white people comming into the store and do nothing to help the man

It's Vancouver.  One of the biggest shitholes in Canada, second only to Toronto.  Injun towns are bad also, but that simply goes without saying, and any White that moves anywhere near Injuns must be certifiably retarded.

Leaving Vancouver was a good move for me.  People are different in smaller towns.  Much better quality of life.

Odinson

Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It saddens me some people are so close minded.  Everyone is a person, doesn't  matter what race they are...no innocent civilian is responsible for what is happening in the world.  This is what hate and evil does...it separates us and makes us weak...if it continues on, it will win....this is an invisible  enemy and we don't  want it to succeed.   Please be kind to one another, stand together, it will make us stronger.  I might sound cheesy to some, but it's  the truth.

Notice the two white people comming into the store and do nothing to help the man

Awfully dark for a white couple.. Tanned skin, dark hair..

Probably an asian couple.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Awfully dark for a white couple.. Tanned skin, dark hair..

Probably an asian couple.

Certainly Asian.  That area is full of Asians.  Not many Whites left.  Most of the White looking people left there are Italians...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Guest"

Shen Li, is that you?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview