News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10350
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:32:40 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Will the free gibs lead to more freeloaders on welfare?

Started by Anonymous, April 30, 2020, 06:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza"
Quote from: "Mel"I know Oz can get quite hot, so I bet there's a lot of sweaty, swampy, stinky asses in that region of the world...

Showers are a popular past time... and grog...

Not with the boongs they drink gas  :ohmy:

sasquatch

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Kurt"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "sasquatch"
Quote from: "Hastings"People are being paid EI to stay at home, for many this would be the first time they have claimed welfare, because many have shitty and stressful jobs I think many people won't go back to work

EI only pays 55% of your wage(up to a certain dollar amount) for a certain amount of time depending on how many hours you worked in a 52 week period. You only get it if you lose your job of no fault of your own.

The max is around $1000 every two weeks.

Yes you can live on that if you know how

As long as you don't own a vehicle or have housing expenses.

Depends on where you live. if you live somewhere like vancouver or Toronto then yeah there's no way in hell that's happening. if you live somewhere like where i am, then it can be done easily with a few hundred to spare even if you do have a vehicle.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hastings"People are being paid EI to stay at home, for many this would be the first time they have claimed welfare, because many have shitty and stressful jobs I think many people won't go back to work

EI only pays 55% of your wage(up to a certain dollar amount) for a certain amount of time depending on how many hours you worked in a 52 week period. You only get it if you lose your job of no fault of your own.

Depends on where you live. if you live somewhere like vancouver or Toronto then yeah there's no way in hell that's happening. if you live somewhere like where i am, then it can be done easily with a few hundred to spare even if you do have a vehicle.

That must mean couch surfing. You can't rent/pay a mortgage and own a vehicle in Winnipeg on two grand a month.

Anonymous

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "Mel"I know Oz can get quite hot, so I bet there's a lot of sweaty, swampy, stinky asses in that region of the world...

Care to comment Caskur?  ac_biggrin

(And did the police ever manage to retrieve your stolen pantaloons?)

It's 10.8 C here right now so no sweaty parts here.

And you?

Dunno, nobody's ever bothered with the contents of my underwear drawer.  ac_biggrin

Berry Sweet

2g/mo is peanuts to live off, that's just rent.  Which is fuckin ridiculous.

What happens to those on cerb because they are laid off from their jobs? Obviously, there is going to be change when the economy resumes.  What if some of them don't get their jobs back? Do we have to listen to them whine and complain? I think some people are going to be left unemployed, sitting in their own piss and tears.  And honestly, I don't want to hear about it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"2g/mo is peanuts to live off, that's just rent.  Which is fuckin ridiculous.

What happens to those on cerb because they are laid off from their jobs? Obviously, there is going to be change when the economy resumes.  What if some of them don't get their jobs back? Do we have to listen to them whine and complain? I think some people are going to be left unemployed, sitting in their own piss and tears.  And honestly, I don't want to hear about it.

More or less, sure. But this has been going on for some time now, you'd think we'd be used to it.

Were you aware that disability recipients in Ontario are expected to exist on half that amount?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"2g/mo is peanuts to live off, that's just rent.  Which is fuckin ridiculous.

More or less, sure. But this has been going on for some time now, you'd think we'd be used to it.

Were you aware that disability recipients in Ontario are expected to exist on half that amount?

In Australia bludgers get their rent paid as well as getting dole

Berry Sweet

All across Canada is half that amount.  Yet cerb gets $2g/mo.  I assure you it's a slap in the face for those disability recipient's.

Anonymous

Old Gaon lives in your city. I think he pays two grand a month for rent on his apartment.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Herman"

Old Gaon lives in your city. I think he pays two grand a month for rent on his apartment.

I believe it...$2g for a tiny apartment.  Its really not an option, its what's available.  It's stupid.  There is no way a young person in their early 20s can do it alone in this city.  Those people pay like $6g/yr to ICBC for insurance, and then bills on top of that just to survive.  ICBC just pisses me right off...altho I don't pay that high of insurance, I still get ripped off...I have about 23 years of driving experience and a great driving record...but its still not enough to get a good deal...you have to be 60 years old to get a good deal on insurance, fuckin pathetic.. I hope ICBC gets fucked in the ass this year.

sasquatch

Depends on where you live. if you live somewhere like vancouver or Toronto then yeah there's no way in hell that's happening. if you live somewhere like where I am, then it can be done easily with a few hundred to spare even if you do have a vehicle.

That must mean couch surfing. You can't rent/pay a mortgage and own a vehicle in Winnipeg on two grand a month.

Rent here is cheap. you can get a 2 bedroom place here for around 600-700$ per month. i pay my own power and water and gas are included for me, so that's around 75$ per month, and then internet, cell phone, insurance, gas, e.t.,c and that's 1200 or so all in. I've seen places in bigger towns go for about 800-900 per month in rent. That's if you don't mind living in some little hole in a wall town in the middle of nowhere that doesn't even have a tim hortons.

Anonymous

Depends on where you live. if you live somewhere like vancouver or Toronto then yeah there's no way in hell that's happening. if you live somewhere like where I am, then it can be done easily with a few hundred to spare even if you do have a vehicle.

Rent here is cheap. you can get a 2 bedroom place here for around 600-700$ per month. i pay my own power and water and gas are included for me, so that's around 75$ per month, and then internet, cell phone, insurance, gas, e.t.,c and that's 1200 or so all in. I've seen places in bigger towns go for about 800-900 per month in rent. That's if you don't mind living in some little hole in a wall town in the middle of nowhere that doesn't even have a tim hortons.

That doesn't leave much left over for booze, food and if you have toys like a quad or a boat. I could live on the two grand a month, but I would be tapping savings. But, I own a farm and I have huge bills.

Anonymous

$2,000/month income in Canada is a joke, but the average full-time working income (after taxes) is only about $3,000/month, I kid you not...

That income would work if our expenses weren't what they are:  Apartment rental: $1,000+/month.  House rental: $2,000+/month.  Buying a decent home: $500,000+ mortgage.

My landline: $100/month.  Cellphone: $100/month.  Electric bill:  $300/month.  Internet:  $100/month.  The list can go on and on...

Canada's debt-to-income ratio is one of the highest in the world, and much higher than our neighbours to the South who,  contrary to popular belief, actually live just like we do, with only a few minor differences for the most part.

This is why Trudy is printing as much money as he can, accessible to pretty much anyone that applies for it:  We are on the verge of a massive collapse, and the house of cards are about to come crumbling down.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel"$2,000/month income in Canada is a joke, but the average full-time working income (after taxes) is only about $3,000/month, I kid you not...

That income would work if our expenses weren't what they are:  Apartment rental: $1,000+/month.  House rental: $2,000+/month.  Buying a decent home: $500,000+ mortgage.

My landline: $100/month.  Cellphone: $100/month.  Electric bill:  $300/month.  Internet:  $100/month.  The list can go on and on...

Canada's debt-to-income ratio is one of the highest in the world, and much higher than our neighbours to the South who,  contrary to popular belief, actually live just like we do, with only a few minor differences for the most part.

This is why Trudy is printing as much money as he can, accessible to pretty much anyone that applies for it:  We are on the verge of a massive collapse, and the house of cards are about to come crumbling down.

The Seoul brother and Fash talk about this a lot. Canada has the indebted consumers in the OECD. Sometimes I thinks I should have bought land in the South Pacific or Ukraine not returned to Canada. But, I could not own the type of farm I own, abroad.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"The Seoul brother and Fash talk about this a lot. Canada has the indebted consumers in the OECD. Sometimes I thinks I should have bought land in the South Pacific or Ukraine not returned to Canada. But, I could not own the type of farm I own, abroad.

I don't know what your total assets would be if you liquidated the farm, nor if you still hold, or can regain, Uke citizenship, but if nothing prevents you from liquidating and moving your assets over, why not?  Even Ukraine has better weather than 90% of this frozen chunk of land called Canada!

I'm stuck here.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview