Replies: 8489
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:02:43 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Just passing by...

Started by Bricktop, May 06, 2020, 08:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricktop

I've seen them in action. They are amazing!!!

Anonymous

Speaking of VE Day, I've forgotten where I snagged this photo but it was five or six years ago that I posted it on FB on that anniversary.  Clearly it's a manipulated image, with components that are separated by many decades.  But even though I've never understood paratroopers, I do respect them in some respects.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/96540340_10215838588493094_4940053903342305280_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=tCciaO6zEQAAX9I4x96&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=fb6eccaee1d34f0471f183415960b9f6&oe=5ED9E226">

Friday

Quote from: "Bricktop"Thank you, ma'am.

I did say I would drop by from time to time.

We are relatively unscathed here in South Australia, and so we've not suffered the same impositions as other States or countries. No lock downs. No restrictions. Everyone is being sensible and reasonable under the circumstances.

Of course, our holiday to the UK was postponed. We will have to wait until next year now.

We also have a new addition to the tribe...a new grandson. Life does go on. That's 5 now!!!

Hi Brick

Good to see you. Wondered what would happen to your trip this year. Hope your trip next year goes without a hitch.  Hubby and I are still planning to go to the northeast, Scotland and, if we have time, a hop over to Ireland too, next summer.  Looking forward to it.
The best day of the week!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Friday"

We are relatively unscathed here in South Australia, and so we've not suffered the same impositions as other States or countries. No lock downs. No restrictions. Everyone is being sensible and reasonable under the circumstances.

Of course, our holiday to the UK was postponed. We will have to wait until next year now.

We also have a new addition to the tribe...a new grandson. Life does go on. That's 5 now!!!

Hi Brick

Good to see you. Wondered what would happen to your trip this year. Hope your trip next year goes without a hitch.  Hubby and I are still planning to go to the northeast, Scotland and, if we have time, a hop over to Ireland too, next summer.  Looking forward to it.

Damn, I thought you were a guy.

Gaon

Quote from: "Bricktop"Thought I'd pop in and say hello?

What's been happening? Anything interesting in these dark and crazy days?

Hello to you Bricktop. I lost my job due to the coronavirus lockdown insanity. I hope you are doing better than I am.
The Russian Rock It

cc

Quote from: "Herman"

Hi Brick

Not on Fridays??
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"

Hi Brick

Not on Fridays??

:laugh:

cc

Speaking of Country Aerobatic Team .. Canada is blushing today

Canada's "[size=150]Snow[/size] Birds" scrap Today's flyover in southern Ontario due to  

... RU Ready?

... [size=150]Snow[/size]

">

cc

This team does our beach every year - They are extremely good and put on a fabulous precision show

With a nearby Air Force Base they practice here for almost a week before showtime

We are in a very fortunate location

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc"This team does our beach every year - They are extremely good and put on a fabulous precision show

With a nearby Air Force Base they practice here for almost a week before showtime

We are in a very fortunate location

I've seen the Snow Birds perform their air show before..

We really enjoyed it.

Friday

Hi Brick

:laugh3: Uhh no
The best day of the week!

Anonymous

Hi Brick

In that case, do you want to sit on old Herman's knee and drink some barrel wash?

Anonymous

Hi Brick

In that case, do you want to sit on old Herman's knee and drink some barrel wash?

She will never be back now.

Bricktop

And neither Canadian nor Australian....

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bricktop"

And neither Canadian nor Australian....

I aint got no intuition.