Replies: 8246
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 10:36:04 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Youtube Music kinda sucks

Started by Vancouver, June 12, 2020, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vancouver

Migrated my google play music library to youtube music. Youtube music will not let me play purchased music offline without a monthly youtube premium subscription. I was always able to download songs that I paid for onto my phone in the google play music app to play offline. Youtube music will only allow you to stream over wifi or data. Unless you pay $9.99 a Month. As if I don't already have enough Monthly subscriptions to throw money at.
Time is malleable

Anonymous

YouTube has sucked from around 2007 or so, not long after Google bought it and ruined it!

Berry Sweet

Quote from: Vancouver post_id=365919 time=1592002178 user_id=65
Migrated my google play music library to youtube music. Youtube music will not let me play purchased music offline without a monthly youtube premium subscription. I was always able to download songs that I paid for onto my phone in the google play music app to play offline. Youtube music will only allow you to stream over wifi or data. Unless you pay $9.99 a Month. [size=150]As if I don't already have enough Monthly subscriptions to throw money at[/size].

Right!? It is getting out of control.

I was thinking of getting this premium so I could listen offline and buy songs...i looked into this, you can purchase songs thru you tube as long as you pay the monthly fee, BUT if you stop paying the fee, you lose all of the music you paid for...to me, that's bullshit.

Anonymous

Who pays for music in this day and age anyhow?  You can download your favourite Simon & Garfunkel or Burton Cummings albums for free...

Anonymous

Buy or steal a copy, store it on a hard drive. Cloud services are just another layer of mismanagement between the artist and the consumer and will steal, alter and edit anything you've rented from them when they choose to do so. Don't come crying to us because you were too lazy to maintain your own library and chose to hand that job over to some corporate thief.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=365923 time=1592003232 user_id=164
Quote from: Vancouver post_id=365919 time=1592002178 user_id=65
Migrated my google play music library to youtube music. Youtube music will not let me play purchased music offline without a monthly youtube premium subscription. I was always able to download songs that I paid for onto my phone in the google play music app to play offline. Youtube music will only allow you to stream over wifi or data. Unless you pay $9.99 a Month. [size=150]As if I don't already have enough Monthly subscriptions to throw money at[/size].

Right!? It is getting out of control.

I was thinking of getting this premium so I could listen offline and buy songs...i looked into this, you can purchase songs thru you tube as long as you pay the monthly fee, BUT if you stop paying the fee, you lose all of the music you paid for...to me, that's bullshit.

That's not right.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview