Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:20:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

Two More Months of CERB!

Started by Anonymous, July 07, 2020, 01:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Anonymous

CERB has now become very popular and well thought of. I think CERB should become permanent and raised to $3,000 per month.

Anonymous

Now there is talk to extend the CERB even longer!  The CERB will now be extended past August even!

Anonymous

I'm not schooled in Economics, but for a Government to do this shows me just what a 'House of Cards' we've built up in this country...  What they're trying to fend off is a complete economic depression like that of the 1930's (which I've studied on my own time, but isn't really taught in schools)...

Even Greece has a lower unemployment rate now than Canada does, and Canada also has one of the highest Debt-to-Income levels in the entire world.

Renee

Quote from: Mel post_id=370473 time=1594274786
I'm not schooled in Economics, but for a Government to do this shows me just what a 'House of Cards' we've built up in this country...  What they're trying to fend off is a complete economic depression like that of the 1930's (which I've studied on my own time, but isn't really taught in schools)...

Even Greece has a lower unemployment rate now than Canada does, and Canada also has one of the highest Debt-to-Income levels in the entire world.

Why the hell aren't you working? Where's your dump truck at? Is it parked on your property?

Better be careful the injuns don't steal the wheels off of it while you're passed out and peeing in the sheets.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=370472 time=1594274260
Now there is talk to extend the CERB even longer!  The CERB will now be extended past August even!

Don't get your hopes up Mel. That is not what Morneau said in yesterday's fiscal snapshot.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=370553 time=1594317897 user_id=114

Don't get your hopes up Mel. That is not what Morneau said in yesterday's fiscal snapshot.

They need to get reelected at some point and a second and third wave is coming. If the timing is right, CERB will be in place for the next 18 months by which time it is election season where Mr. Trudeau will make CERB permanent and raise it to $3,000 per month. The Liberals will win around 280 + seats with this brilliant strategy.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=370554 time=1594318496
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=370553 time=1594317897 user_id=114

They need to get reelected at some point and a second and third wave is coming. If the timing is right, CERB will be in place for the next 18 months by which time it is election season where Mr. Trudeau will make CERB permanent and raise it to $3,000 per month. The Liberals will win around 280 + seats with this brilliant strategy.

Sorry Mel, we are broke. We are winding it down. No more free beer money.

Anonymous

Nah, Canada has lots o' money for the CERB and the Liberals need to be reelected so it will stay. Worse comes to worse we can sell PEI to ballance the books.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=370559 time=1594320812
Nah, Canada has lots o' money for the CERB and the Liberals need to be reelected so it will stay. Worse comes to worse we can sell PEI to ballance the books.

Nah, Canada is flat broke. Did you see yesterday's update from Morneau.

CERB has been extended until the start of September shortly before parliament resumes. The Tories will be all over Trudeau in the House for the financial mess he got us in, just like his father did before him.

You are just one vote Mel and you're too drunk and lazy to cast a ballot anyway. You have to start buying your own beer again in September. You did it for thirty years prior to that. You can do it again.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Mel, don't worry..

You abused alcohol before CERB and I'm confident in my prediction you'll abuse it after it ends in September.

Anonymous

Fashionista should try the CERB before knocking it. I bet she would enjoy the CERB and enjoy the extra time off with her family.

CERB helps the family. Help families, increase CERB to $3,000 and make it permanent.

cc

Quote from: "Clueless Guest"Worse comes to worse we can sell PEI to ballance

Funny line, but it appears your math expertise is in the basement alongside your spelling
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview