Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Starbucks Making 250,000 BLM Shirts For Employees

Started by Anonymous, July 09, 2020, 10:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=370680 time=1594386621 user_id=3254
Quote from: Renee post_id=370676 time=1594381597 user_id=156
Political coercion by employers has been going on for a long time and thanks to a 2015 Supreme Court decision It's completely legal and sanctioned in the US.

We are now in the midst of the big corporate race to be "woke"....No one wants to be last.

https://prospect.org/labor/employer-political-coercion-growing-threat/">https://prospect.org/labor/employer-pol ... ng-threat/">https://prospect.org/labor/employer-political-coercion-growing-threat/

I read this from your link, " in most states, managers have the legal right to mandate worker attendance at a political rally for a favored candidate-and fire or punish workers who decline to participate."

Disturbing.

Unions in this country have been doing just that, to one degree or another, since the 1960s. It's a somewhat more recent development for employers to be legally granted that kind of corrupt power.

As I stated It's all about the "wokeness" of the corporate entity...It's not bad enough that a certain ludicrous demographic of our society feels the need to shove their skewed version of societal morality down everyone's throat but now corporations that truely have the power to alter the course of people lives are legally getting into the act.

Where this will lead is anyone's guess but it's almost a certainty that it will not be a good place.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Political coercion by employers has been going on for a long time and thanks to a 2015 Supreme Court decision It's completely legal and sanctioned in the US.

We are now in the midst of the big corporate race to be "woke"....No one wants to be last.

https://prospect.org/labor/employer-political-coercion-growing-threat/">https://prospect.org/labor/employer-pol ... ng-threat/">https://prospect.org/labor/employer-political-coercion-growing-threat/

It's not quite that Orwellian here. I'm in management and when it comes to climate change, anything I say on social media must not deviate from the their script. Which brings up another company overreach issue. You can be fired in Canada for what you post on social media IF you post your employer's name in your profile.

Our company has had nothing to say about BLM(so far). No BLM shirt either, lol.

Gaon

Renee, have you been forced against your will by an employer to support a political cause or a particular political candidate?
The Russian Rock It

Anonymous

Quote from: Renee post_id=370688 time=1594390728 user_id=156
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=370680 time=1594386621 user_id=3254

I read this from your link, " in most states, managers have the legal right to mandate worker attendance at a political rally for a favored candidate-and fire or punish workers who decline to participate."

Disturbing.

Unions in this country have been doing just that, to one degree or another, since the 1960s. It's a somewhat more recent development for employers to be legally granted that kind of corrupt power.

As I stated It's all about the "wokeness" of the corporate entity...It's not bad enough that a certain ludicrous demographic of our society feels the need to shove their skewed version of societal morality down everyone's throat but now corporations that truely have the power to alter the course of people lives are legally getting into the act.

Where this will lead is anyone's guess but it's almost a certainty that it will not be a good place.

What you are saying about corporations is true of the entire Western world..

But, I didn't know that the American court gave employers the right to impose their politics on their employees.

Odinson

The females in the government do try to push it but the wokeness hasnt landed in here just yet.

No affirmative action, diversity quotas etc.

You can say whatever you want at the workplace.. For as long it aint personal insults towards the boss.

Most of us are casual racists and dirty perverts anyways..

Anonymous

I work for a huge Canadian corporation. Even with a union, if you want to keep your job, keep any opinions of the hypocritical BLM bs to yourself. Unless of course you cowardly are praising the phonies.

Odinson

Finland is saved from a lot of this nonsense...

Its because our justice-system doesnt provide big pay-outs for whiners.

You get a donut and a cup of coffee... That is, if you win the lawsuit.

Thats why our corporations do not bother with the wokeness and they are not afraid of insulting some1.

There is no chance in hell that a finnish company shuts down the entire chain because some WiFi stealing negroes cried racism.

Anonymous

As much as I hate my cowardly woke company, my job pays pretty good, and they provide a good pension. I can tough it out for three and a half more years.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=370659 time=1594355063 user_id=1689
Quote from: "John Loche" post_id=370655 time=1594354079
I know a local guy that has an order for 3,000 BLM shirts and 4,500 masks. The market shifts and dollar is king, if schools and sports camp orders are down, BML will pay the bills. Welcome to capitalism it doesn't help everone but what the hey. He is making money in a tough economy hard so BML for his company is avery good thing.

God bless capitalism.

Capitalism in 2020 has been hijacked by progtards, just like the authoritarian bastards hijacked unions, all media, academia, pop culture, politics, and the environment.

No, you are talking about old people losing societal revelance, and the aging out of their once dominant politcal beliefs. Times change and there is nothing you can do about apart from dying. The Millennials are becoming the dominant generation in size, power and political strength and nothing but the future generations that takeover can and will change that. Times change. Get on board or get run over.

Growing old is a bitch.

Anonymous

Quote from: Grumman post_id=370729 time=1594412722
I know a local guy that has an order for 3,000 BLM shirts and 4,500 masks. The market shifts and dollar is king, if schools and sports camp orders are down, BML will pay the bills. Welcome to capitalism it doesn't help everone but what the hey. He is making money in a tough economy hard so BML for his company is avery good thing.

God bless capitalism.

Capitalism in 2020 has been hijacked by progtards, just like the authoritarian bastards hijacked unions, all media, academia, pop culture, politics, and the environment.

No, you are talking about old people losing societal revelance, and the aging out of their once dominant politcal beliefs. Times change and there is nothing you can do about apart from dying. The Millennials are becoming the dominant generation in size, power and political strength and nothing but the future generations that takeover can and will change that. Times change. Get on board or get run over.

Growing old is a bitch.

Millennials are pawns, Mel. They are being used by very old and very rich people like George Soros. The very old and very rich want total control over everything.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=370730 time=1594412983 user_id=2015
Quote from: Grumman post_id=370729 time=1594412722

God bless capitalism.

Growing old is a bitch.

Millennials are pawns, Mel. They are being used by very old and very rich people like George Soros. The very old and very rich want total control over everything.

Mel doesn't believe any of that nonsense he posted IHJ..

He's seeking attention and very likely intoxicated.

Anonymous

It matters not. The older generations have always gone to their graves decrying the decisions of the younger dominant generations, it is a right of passage and it is inevitable. Old people love to complain how "they" did it better and how the younger generations are stupid, lazy, duped and uninformed. Their grandparents and parents said the same bullshit fifty years ago and time and society eventually muted their power and influence. Power shifts the baby boomers and their attitudes, in most situations, are now are subservient to the younger generations. If you don't like it, too fucking bad you are powerless against the flow of youth and time. Every generation is.

Be grandpa Simpson all you want the die has been cast.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=370689 time=1594394434 user_id=56
It's not quite that Orwellian here. I'm in management and when it comes to climate change, anything I say on social media must not deviate from the their script. Which brings up another company overreach issue. You can be fired in Canada for what you post on social media IF you post your employer's name in your profile.

Our company has had nothing to say about BLM(so far). No BLM shirt either, lol.

Actually, in Canada I could fire you for no reason at all (in a non-unionized place of employment).  Depending on your length of employment, I may just have to give you either two weeks notice, or two weeks severance.  I don't have to give you a reason why.  So you'll put on whatever shirt I tell you to wear!

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=370731 time=1594414363 user_id=3254

You do realize that you and Cock Jockey aren't even communicating with Mel, right?  Christ, the regulars on this board are fucking retarded...

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=370735 time=1594416728
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=370731 time=1594414363 user_id=3254

You do realize that you and Cock Jockey aren't even communicating with Mel, right?  Christ, the regulars on this board are fucking retarded...

Pathetic, funny call it what you will.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview