News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 9921
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:34:03 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

As promised, went back to drift mine today...

Started by Anonymous, August 04, 2020, 11:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=374120 time=1596600711
Little private 'beach' you can drive right up to.  It's hard to tell from pic, but the far side of creek is probably 4 to 5 feet deep, so adequate for cooling down if one wants a quick dip...  Water temp acceptable!  I almost decided to jump in, but didn't really come equipped for a quick swim...

https://i.ibb.co/qmFYKBB/IMG-3279.jpg">

There must be some great trout fishing in the area. I believe Kootenay Lake has massive 30lb trout known as Gerrard trout. You should buy a boat with CERB and go fishing.

Anonymous

You should come to Antarctica my friend, we have many hiding places, we have mined deep into the ice. We are also all white here, you will love it!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Bob Izumi" post_id=374334 time=1596737090
Little private 'beach' you can drive right up to.  It's hard to tell from pic, but the far side of creek is probably 4 to 5 feet deep, so adequate for cooling down if one wants a quick dip...  Water temp acceptable!  I almost decided to jump in, but didn't really come equipped for a quick swim...

There must be some great trout fishing in the area. I believe Kootenay Lake has massive 30lb trout known as Gerrard trout. You should buy a boat with CERB and go fishing.

You should have bought a boat with your unnecessary CERB money instead of wasting it on beer.

Anonymous

Good panning spot. Get a pan, some deli beef jerky and 12 beer, good way to spend a hot afternoon. Note the markers in the pic (maybe). If you get a prospectors licence I believe you are still allowed to pack a piece...bonus!

priscilla1961

pretty :thumbup:
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

cc

It is. There are literally 1000s of such beautiful settings in that area

It's a great place to live if it works financially, otherwise a great area to roam  for extended periods of time

Most of BC is similar
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374374 time=1596761595 user_id=88
It is. There are literally 1000s of such beautiful settings in that area

It's a great place to live if it works financially, otherwise a great area to roam  for extended periods of time

I will really miss not going once or twice camping in the Kootenays this summer.

:sad:

But, with people with Alberta plates getting their vehicles, and campers vandalized and lug nuts loosened, it's too risky this year.....and I don't mean the pandemic.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=374152 time=1596612659 user_id=1676
Nice pics... Looks pretty dry and small enough to be stable....with the right ventilation, would make a great shelter...

When the CERB runs out...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=374377 time=1596761939 user_id=164
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=374152 time=1596612659 user_id=1676
Nice pics... Looks pretty dry and small enough to be stable....with the right ventilation, would make a great shelter...

When the CERB runs out...

:laugh:

cc

Understood. Not to be this year

There are some wonderful areas of Western Alta too.  Alta has the Eastern slope of the mountains

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374379 time=1596762066 user_id=88
Understood. Not to be this year

There are some wonderful areas of Western Alta too.  Alta has the Eastern slope of the mountains

We may go to the Crowsnest Pass for Labour Day weekend.

cc

That's great spot. We used to go there when lived in Alta

Highway 40 from Longview (and above) runs the entire length through a nice valley right on down to Frank. I think it's all in Alta

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=374390 time=1596762527 user_id=88
That's great spot. We used to go there when lived in Alta

Highway 40 from Longview (and above) runs the entire length through a nice valley right on down to Frank. I think it's all in Alta

We will take highway twenty two if we go....we may camp near Lundbreck Falls.

cc

I'm glad you will get the chance for a break away from this world

Don't get stuck in any mines, eh?

Berry Sweet

My break away is on my balcony, alone, spliffin away...time alone well spent!  Vacation is cool, but it's too much work lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview