The best topic

Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

I miss Blurt

Started by Erica Mena, August 11, 2020, 01:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Trini Lopez died at 83 from complications of corona virus.

Anonymous

Quote from: Musical post_id=375683 time=1597427626

I had to search who that is.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=375684 time=1597427811 user_id=3254

Then you haven't lived a full and meaningful life. From this day on you have been awakened by the knowledge of Trini Lopez. Go forth and learn about the Messiah Trini Lopez and his many Disciplessuch as Dave Grohl and others.

Learn, Love and Prosper through Trini Lopez and his legacy.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blurt post_id=375673 time=1597415101 user_id=1974
Quote from: Mel post_id=375648 time=1597394580
Come to the Koots!  You might have to put away the cheap wig and high-heels here though, at least some of the time...  This place will turn you back into a man!

Do you mean a man like you?

I'll be a step ahead if I stick to the cheap wig and heels, Mel.

I've been to tne Koots. Even breezed through Real Woman's hometown (regrettably, but understandably, she was not available for a meet-up at the time).

That area of BC is very pretty, I'll give you that. My last road trip was a journey some six months ago up to the northern tip of Vancouver Island, to Port Hardy. I even breezed through Mimi's hometown on the way (but I didn't bother to contact her because privacy).

My next BC odyssey will involve a visit to Haida Gwaii, where I'll go share a pint or ten with Oscar up in Masset (and that's a standing invitation).

I think I'm more of an ocean-lover than a mountain-lover.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

I'd like to see both. A while back I was considering a move to our Calgary office. I went out there, visited Kananaskis(spelling), and Lake Louise. I had a great time. Calgary is so modern and clean compared to Toronto. And I loved the mountains. I never saw a deer in the wild in my life before that trip.

If I had more time I would have rented a car and visited South East BC. I hear Nelson is a cool little city with a liberal vibe. When this pandemic is behind us, a trip to the Koots is on my bucket list. And if you are there at the time Blurt, I will treat you to a pint or two of craft, some Korean bbq and a game of golf. This is a serious offer.

Blurt

Don't know if I'll be in the Koots but, if you're ever in Victoria, give me a shout, Seoul.

:JC_howdy:
Aimin\' to misbehave.

Anonymous

Furthermore, in 2003 a Christmas pantomime was presented at Albert Hall that featured two of his songs and had many references to Mr. Lopez throughout the performance. David Bowie wanted the roll of Trini but due to scheduling he was not availble for the role. Singer Paul Young took the role to great critical acclaim by the UK fans and press. It was the highest grossing panto that season with over 22,000 tickets sold and total receipts of £2.45 million.

There was talk of bringing back for the 2020 season but covid had cancelled that. Ed Sheeranwas to take the Lopez role.

Covid killed both Trini and his panto.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blurt post_id=375702 time=1597431609 user_id=1974
Don't know if I'll be in the Koots but, if you're ever in Victoria, give me a shout, Seoul.

I will definitely do that. I've never never seen Canada's coasts.

Anonymous

He also designed two of Gibson guitars best selling models. Many famous musicians rave about the Trini Gibsons. He was an actor as well, best known as an ensemble cast member of the 1966 war film, The Dirty Dozen. It also marked the film debut of NFL star Jim Brown.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=375706 time=1597432062 user_id=114

You won't like the east coast, the newfies and bluenoses are prejudiced you know

Anonymous

Quote from: "Nouveau Ecosse" post_id=375712 time=1597432820

You won't like the east coast, the newfies and bluenoses are prejudiced you know

They gut people with knives back there so beware.

Anonymous

Deceitful negros making shit up

WHEN A racist slur was spray-painted on the home of a biracial Lunenburg High School football player last month, the reaction was predictable.

Hundreds of neighbors attended a candlelight vigil in support of 13-year-old Isaac Phillips and his family. Politicians and civic leaders expressed solidarity. The Lunenburg police — assisted by the FBI, the Massachusetts State Police, and the Worcester County DA's office — opened an investigation. The school superintendent forfeited the football team's remaining games and asked the Anti-Defamation League to provide educational materials for teaching tolerance. Editorials warned that "hatred and racism corrode communities," and emphasized the need to "take a vocal stand against intolerance."

Then, after two weeks of eating their hearts out over the apparent bigotry festering in their midst, Lunenburg's residents learned that the "hate crime" was most likely a hoax. The football team had nothing to do with the odious graffiti painted on the house, police said. Instead they suspect that the boy's mother, Andrea Brazier, may have painted the racist taunt herself.

An act of hatred that turns out to be feigned? That too was predictable.

Media accounts describe Lunenburg residents as "stunned" and "floored" by the news. They shouldn't have been. Faked-hate hoaxes happen all the time.

Anonymous

Anonymous

lm sure seoulbro will be very welcome on the Atlantic Coast

HALIFAX — Muyu Lyu, an international student from China, was on a bus on the way to his internship in downtown Halifax when he said he heard racist comments directed at him.

"People said something to me, that I'm Asian or I'm Chinese, so I may have coronavirus and I should get off the bus," Lyu recalled from an incident that occurred in late February.

"That was my last stop. I had to get off the bus because I was going to work ... but I should've said something or (done) something."

He said the incident made him feel like he doesn't belong in Halifax, adding he switched bus routes shortly thereafter and has since limited his time out in public to grocery shopping a few times a month in order to avoid running into a similar situation, as he does not feel safe.

It's also made him fearful of wearing a mask out in public because that could draw draw dirty looks from others, he said.

A member of the Dalhousie International Students' Association, Lyu noted instances of hate speech and racism like these have become "pretty common" from what he's heard from other members of the Asian community in Halifax.

"If you are Asian-looking or if you look East Asian, (some people) just don't like you," he said.

Anonymous

Newfies and bluenosers are used to immigrants. This is Canada in 2020. Don't like it, than leave like I am.

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=375760 time=1597450276 user_id=2015

Newfies and bluenosers are used to immigrants. This is Canada in 2020. Don't like it, than leave like I am.

where ya going

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview