News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Guess it's time for a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Party!!!!!!

Started by kiebers, August 25, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I haven't heard of any storms brewing in the Gulf/Caribbean. Any news kiebers?

kiebers

Looks like it's that time again. Wednesday is Margarita night after all. Got the thunder dog started on the doggie downers to hopefully keep her from going batshit crazy when the thunderstorms hit. This one is not expected to hang around like Harvey did. Should blow through fairly quick.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Renee

Quote from: kiebers post_id=377649 time=1598451393 user_id=193
Looks like it's that time again. Wednesday is Margarita night after all. Got the thunder dog started on the doggie downers to hopefully keep her from going batshit crazy when the thunderstorms hit. This one is not expected to hang around like Harvey did. Should blow through fairly quick.

Stay safe. Stay dry.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Blazor

Was just thinkin' bout ya man! Be safe!

Tonight is beer and fiddle night for me lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

My husband's company has employees working in the Gulf of Mexico that they had to bring to shore.

kiebers

It is up to 150 MPH winds, 6 more and its a Cat 5. It's going to be pretty bad along the Louisiana coast since it is catching all of the dirty side of the storm. Going to be some major storm surge damage I imagine. This thing is so tight and compact it may not impact us at all. No major winds and no rain to speak of. Gives me time to get my generator here for the next one. Nothing I wanted was available so I had to order something that would arrive well after this storm.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

cc

The smaller area  it does hit will be brutal - and surge on the right side massive
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: kiebers post_id=377813 time=1598498961 user_id=193
It is up to 150 MPH winds, 6 more and its a Cat 5. It's going to be pretty bad along the Louisiana coast since it is catching all of the dirty side of the storm. Going to be some major storm surge damage I imagine. This thing is so tight and compact it may not impact us at all. No major winds and no rain to speak of. Gives me time to get my generator here for the next one. Nothing I wanted was available so I had to order something that would arrive well after this storm.

I hope it misses your house kiebers.

cc

Eye missed by quite a bit, but where it did hit must be hell
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

kiebers

Yeah it missed us completely. Zero rain recorded in our area. No major winds. We were lucky. Lots of emergency vehicles from all over the state as well as individuals with boats staged at NRG stadium waiting for first light to know where to head to. Hoping storm surge is all that they have to worry about in Louisiana since it is moving so fast. Won't be like Harvey dropping rain for 5 days on one area.

Frood

At least you'll have your generator for the next one...

My area just got a double whammy this evening... power and mobile phone towers out. We're operating on battery packs because I can't be bothered to fish the generator out.  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=377859 time=1598532051 user_id=1676
At least you'll have your generator for the next one...

My area just got a double whammy this evening... power and mobile phone towers out. We're operating on battery packs because I can't be bothered to fish the generator out.  :laugh:

Victoria has had bad luck lately.