News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Guess it's time for a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Party!!!!!!

Started by kiebers, August 25, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

edited for talk like a pirate day

They jus' sent me beauty galleon from work. She had t' wade through nigh-on knee deep water t' get t' her car. Her area o' town has had 19+ inches o' rain in th' last 24 hours, 26+ inches in th' last 48 hours. Damn storm does seem t' be hangin' around longer than originally predicted. Jus' a couple o' inches around me galleon though. I reckon that be fixin' t' change though....LOL

Current lightenin' strike map. Up t' about 87 strikes per minute 'n climbin' right now. Was about 175 per minute a few hours ago.

https://i.imgur.com/IEnmJTa.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

kiebers

Quote from: "Blazor"Holy crap! Hope she gets home ok!

edited TLPD

She be galleon. Lucky though...they closed th' freeway she loots t' get galleon. One lane was open when she went through 'n then closed right aft she got through. Some are sayin' 'tis worse than Harvey was...nah hardly, or nah yet.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"Holy crap! Hope she gets home ok!

She is home. Lucky though...they closed the freeway she takes to get home. One lane was open when she went through and then closed right after she got through. Some are saying it is worse than Harvey was...not hardly, or not yet.

Damn that was close!

We need rain here too, but not as much as y'all gettin' lol.

kiebers

edited for talk like a pirate day....

We've only had about 2" o' rain here at me galleon. We 'ave a county rain gauge half nigh-on half a league from here. We may get 3" total out o' it. I 'ave nah heard much about Beaumont Tx...but it could be Harvey bad. They 'ave been gettin' pounded. They be up t' about 24". Jus' like th' area th' beauty works in, they be up t' nigh-on 30"

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"edited for talk like a pirate day....

We've only had about 2" o' rain here at me galleon. We 'ave a county rain gauge half nigh-on half a league from here. We may get 3" total out o' it. I 'ave nah heard much about Beaumont Tx...but it could be Harvey bad. They 'ave been gettin' pounded. They be up t' about 24". Jus' like th' area th' beauty works in, they be up t' nigh-on 30"

:laugh:  :thumbup:

kiebers

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"https://i.imgur.com/tVoILpa.jpg?1">

:laugh:

Anonymous

The Texas governor declared a state of emergency in thirteen counties.

Anonymous

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2019/09/19/USAT/207308f0-eada-4502-9d33-e18902e02bcc-6-storms.jpg?width=540&height=&fit=bounds&auto=webp">

"They're Forming Like Roaches!"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/19/hurricanes-tropical-storms-atlantic-pacific-set-record-kiko-humberto-jerry-imelda-mario-lorena/2373241001/">//https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/09/19/hurricanes-tropical-storms-atlantic-pacific-set-record-kiko-humberto-jerry-imelda-mario-lorena/2373241001/

kiebers

Anonymous

I thought hurricane season wasn't as bad this year as previous years.

kiebers

It's happened before and I am sure it will happen again. Lots of tropical activity out there now. Only one named storm on the Atlantic side. Course there are 3 disturbances out there as well. Having a place on Galveston bay, and living in Houston all my life, we tend to pay close attention to the Atlantic/Gulf side of things.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It's happened before and I am sure it will happen again. Lots of tropical activity out there now. Only one named storm on the Atlantic side. Course there are 3 disturbances out there as well. Having a place on Galveston bay, and living in Houston all my life, we tend to pay close attention to the Atlantic/Gulf side of things.

Galveston must get hit hard if there's a Gulf of Mexico hurricane?

kiebers

If it hits Galveston and is strong enough to do damage, sure. But it's the same for everyone else along the entire gulf coast.