News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Guess it's time for a Hurricane/Tropical Storm Party!!!!!!

Started by kiebers, August 25, 2017, 07:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

kiebers

They drive us up the wall too. Besides the obvious danger from storms, mosquito's are a down side to retiring to Galveston. But really just about anywhere in Texas has mosquito's.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"They drive us up the wall too. Besides the obvious danger from storms, mosquito's are a down side to retiring to Galveston. But really just about anywhere in Texas has mosquito's.

We have them too in Calgary..

But, being so close to the Rocky Mountains we can get cool nights even in the summer and they don't like that..

My brother lives in Manitoba and they get swarms of mosquitos.

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"The fund raising has been pretty awesome. One of our football stars JJ Watt started a relief fund that is up to almost 8 million now. Fully expect it to break the 10 mil goal. Lots of awesomeness going on in Texas.

The fund was stopped this afternoon. He raised $37,132,157.00
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "kiebers"The fund raising has been pretty awesome. One of our football stars JJ Watt started a relief fund that is up to almost 8 million now. Fully expect it to break the 10 mil goal. Lots of awesomeness going on in Texas.

That's a lot of cake. Why did they pull the pin on it?

kiebers

Quote from: "Herman"

It was time to disburse the funds and I think it has to be closed to do that. There are others still going. Just amazed at what he was able to collect. His name went a very long way to achieve that goal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

It was time to disburse the funds and I think it has to be closed to do that. There are others still going. Just amazed at what he was able to collect. His name went a very long way to achieve that goal.

I'm very happy about all the generosity kiebers.

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
M husband would have a fit..

Mosquitos drive him up the wall.

We have skeeters here too, and they use to not be so bad. They bad this year, plus several years ago we started getting these ones that are black with white stripes. Those buggers leave welps on me. And skeeters LOVE me lol. One year I went camping and within 24 hours I had over 50 bites, I counted them lol. So now I always make sure I have some kind of repellent on me. Outside my house they are worst during that magic hour that the sun is going down.

Gotta watch out for these though, mosquito drones.....

http://alexanderhiggins.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/mosquito1.jpg">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
M husband would have a fit..

Mosquitos drive him up the wall.

We have skeeters here too, and they use to not be so bad. They bad this year, plus several years ago we started getting these ones that are black with white stripes. Those buggers leave welps on me. And skeeters LOVE me lol. One year I went camping and within 24 hours I had over 50 bites, I counted them lol. So now I always make sure I have some kind of repellent on me. Outside my house they are worst during that magic hour that the sun is going down.

Gotta watch out for these though, mosquito drones.....

http://alexanderhiggins.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/mosquito1.jpg">

:ohmy:

Blazor

Those are from technology TEN years ago. Before that they had some that looked exactly like hummingbirds. Imagine now!

Anonymous

Those are from technology TEN years ago. Before that they had some that looked exactly like hummingbirds. Imagine now!

I didn't know anything about insect drones Blazor.

ac_blush

Blazor

ac_blush

"I'd teach you, but I'd have to charge"  :laugh:

There is lots THEY dont want you to know.

Anonymous

ac_blush

It seems that way Blazor.

Blazor

Didnt even laugh  :sad:

You didnt get the song reference did you lol?

Anonymous

Didnt even laugh  :sad:

You didnt get the song reference did you lol?

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6yShQ1mmcw

Blazor