Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Medical situation on the skytrain

Started by Annie, November 21, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

My daughter was on the skytrain tonight coming home when a woman collapsed and had a seizure.  My daughter was the first and only one to step forward and help her. She turned her on her side and protected her head. Another woman rang the emergency cord and called for help while everyone else just stood there not knowing what to do. My kid stayed with her and talked to her as she came out of it and waited till the ambulance attendance got to her.  I'm so proud of her! Who says a "special needs" person can't be helpful? I say Ha! In your face! to all the people who ever said she would never amount to anything  :lol:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"My daughter was on the skytrain tonight coming home when a woman collapsed and had a seizure.  My daughter was the first and only one to step forward and help her. She turned her on her side and protected her head. Another woman rang the emergency cord and called for help while everyone else just stood there not knowing what to do. My kid stayed with her and talked to her as she came out of it and waited till the ambulance attendance got to her.  I'm so proud of her! Who says a "special needs" person can't be helpful? I say Ha! In your face! to all the people who ever said she would never amount to anything  :lol:

That is fucking awesome Annie. You raised your daughter right and your daughter paid attention in her first aid class. Too bad the other people on the LRT didn't.

Annie

She hasn't taken any first aid classes though, she just knew what to do.  We have an epileptic in our family and she saw me taking care of him years ago when he would have grand mals.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"She hasn't taken any first aid classes though, she just knew what to do.  We have an epileptic in our family and she saw me taking care of him years ago when he would have grand mals.

Good for her for paying attention to what you were doing. I wonder how able-bodied people felt watching a special needs person administering first aid while they watched. :?

Annie

Oh she did take an animal first aid course because she volunteers at the SPCA but that's a little different LoL

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Oh she did take an animal first aid course because she volunteers at the SPCA but that's a little different LoL

Yeah, I would think it is very different Annie.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Annie"Oh she did take an animal first aid course because she volunteers at the SPCA but that's a little different LoL

Yeah, I would think it is very different Annie.

[/b]

not if you ride the skytrain in vancouver

Annie

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Annie"She hasn't taken any first aid classes though, she just knew what to do.  We have an epileptic in our family and she saw me taking care of him years ago when he would have grand mals.

Good for her for paying attention to what you were doing. I wonder how able-bodied people felt watching a special needs person administering first aid while they watched. :?

She said there were a bunch of people on the train, I'm guessing they just didn't know what to do.

jaysings

Quote from: "Annie"My daughter was on the skytrain tonight coming home when a woman collapsed and had a seizure.  My daughter was the first and only one to step forward and help her. She turned her on her side and protected her head. Another woman rang the emergency cord and called for help while everyone else just stood there not knowing what to do. My kid stayed with her and talked to her as she came out of it and waited till the ambulance attendance got to her.  I'm so proud of her! Who says a "special needs" person can't be helpful? I say Ha! In your face! to all the people who ever said she would never amount to anything  :lol:

this passage reminds me of a novel "1984" in which Mr. Parsons feels proud of his daughter who has reported a guy to Thought Police and has denounced her father too after Parson talked something heretical in dream :lol:

Annie

Anonymous

Oh Ms. Annie, you should be so proud of your daughter..

She is an unsung hero.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"sound good, what book?

Jay means the novel "1984" written by George Orwell.

Romero

Great kid you've got there, Annie! She must have great parents!

Renee

Congrats on raising a damn fine kid Annie.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

keeper

First I want to say RIGHT ON Annie that it wonderful and happy your Daughter is an amazing person.

Now I want to explain why I would not lift a hand to help the lady, little bit of a different situation but......

Back when I was around 20ish me and my best friend were going to the local lake fishing, we were driving on the HI way when a GMC 1/2 ton truck cuts across both lanes, cuts us off, down the ditch and up a small hill crashing hard....there was steam and smoke and shit all over the place.

My friend (who was driving) pulls off the road and drives right to the accident. I jump out go to the passenger side and there are 2 Natives drunk as fuck, The driver is cross legged under the steering wheel and bleeding severely, like Gushing, I could see his skull, his scalp was flipped over about 4inches. The passenger was asking me to hide the booze and not call the cops. I just sat there watching, I guess in shock. My Friend and a women(who had tampon pads in her purse) were trying to stop the bleeding, pulled the guy OUT of the truck and put him on the ground, not knowing if he had a back injury or whatever, everyone theres saying don't , don't stop moving him, but they didn't listen.

The Guy died, right there on the spot, The passenger and his family sued both the lady and my best friend. It was thrown out of court because of the drinking.

So, Helping doesn't always benefit everyone, You might think your doing the right thing but are you safe to do so? My Best friend said he would do it again if it meant saving there life.

Oh he was pretty messed up about the guy dying in his hands.

That's my story.

oh and

OBI

FUCK OFF -- ROfl