The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Medical situation on the skytrain

Started by Annie, November 21, 2013, 12:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"It would be really stupid to go after and sue and ruin they're life because they helped them. But I see your point Keeper. One would have to be wary just in case. Isn't there a saying about how a good deed doesn't go unpunished?  :shock:

There are lots of idioms that have little to do with reality though Annie. We all think what your daughter did was admirable, but I can see how some people might think twice though. It's just the sad state of our legal situation Annie.

Renee

In the US we are such a litigious society that unless you are a certified EMS worker you are actually advised by the police not to help a person in need. You are to simply call for help and wait until it arrives. It's pretty sad because people are such assholes and will sue at the slightest provocation.  Because of this I'm not exactly sure what I would do if I was in position to help a stranger in a medical emergency. I'd like to think I would say "fuck it" and do what needs to be done but maybe not. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

Ya I know, it's sad. I asked my daughter if they took her name or anyone videoed it and she said no, so no worries at all just in case :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"In the US we are such a litigious society that unless you are a certified EMS worker you are actually advised by the police not to help a person in need. You are to simply call for help and wait until it arrives. It's pretty sad because people are such assholes and will sue at the slightest provocation.  Because of this I'm not exactly sure what I would do if I was in position to help a stranger in a medical emergency. I'd like to think I would say "fuck it" and do what needs to be done but maybe not. Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

What is wrong with the picture when the police advise citizens to let someone die instead of helping them. :shock:

keeper

Im with Renee on this, i prolly would help out i guess. Hard call knowing what i know now and what happened, it could have been me if i was on the other side of the truck. It angers me because the family was not there and did not see how hard both the lady and my friend were trying so hard to help this guy. But im sure they were told maybe if they didnt more him he may have survived and they seen an opportunity to get money. Im sure those blood sucking lawyers advised them to sue.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"Im with Renee on this, i prolly would help out i guess. Hard call knowing what i know now and what happened, it could have been me if i was on the other side of the truck. It angers me because the family was not there and did not see how hard both the lady and my friend were trying so hard to help this guy. But im sure they were told maybe if they didnt more him he may have survived and they seen an opportunity to get money. Im sure those blood sucking lawyers advised them to sue.

I too would offer whatever assistance I was trained to give Keeper..

That is an interesting avatar you have.

:o

keeper

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"im experimenting

I am sorry, but I don't follow what you mean Keeper?

Could you explain your meaning please?

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Keeper"im experimenting

I am sorry, but I don't follow what you mean Keeper?

Could you explain your meaning please?

Experimenting, like im trying different avatars, see what ones i like.

keeper

Romero

Annie

That IS quite the avatar there, Keeper, you perv LoL :-)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

Quote from: "Annie"That IS quite the avatar there, Keeper, you perv LoL :-)

Almost makes ya wanna kiss the Flag dont it  :lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Annie"That IS quite the avatar there, Keeper, you perv LoL :-)

Almost makes ya wanna kiss the Flag dont it  :lol:

You and Romero are quite the patriots!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

keeper

<<---- can you say STEAM BOAT hahahaha