The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Covid and lock downs in a nutshell

Started by Frood, September 06, 2020, 11:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: BEnzo post_id=381158 time=1600268460 user_id=3222
Huh. The state I live in, Connecticut, is proof the lockdown works.

We have low Covid numbers now, and restrictions are quickly fading away.

I don't mind wearing a 'gator'.

The economy was in trouble long before Covid.

fyi-

How can you say that temporary low infection numbers are proof lockdowns work. There is only one thing actually works and that is immunity. Immunity comes from a vaccine or when a majority of the population catches and recovers from the virus like I did.

The global economy was sound pre COVID with rising commodity prices as proof.

Thiel

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=381247 time=1600282986 user_id=114

fyi-

How can you say that temporary low infection numbers are proof lockdowns work. There is only one thing actually works and that is immunity. Immunity comes from a vaccine or when a majority of the population catches and recovers from the virus like I did.

As a business owner with export sales to the US, I never did better than where I was just before the China virus went global.
gay, conservative and proud

cc

fyi-

This guy in a teeny wieny state of 3 .5 million scared souls needs some clues.

OK, you shut down and now "restrictions are quickly fading away" - So how does having shutdown awhile make people immune, once as you say,  "restrictions are quickly fading away"? Expect same numbers % wise as  as any others ffs when "restrictions fade away"

You could shut down for 10 years, and short of vaccinations get the very same numbers as every area when you open ffs

BTW your death rate per case is 8.1 - You retards kill a lot of people there.  Florida's is 1.9 .. WTF are you guys doing????  :crazy:

Further, your death / million is 1259 - Florida's is 609 .. So again, WTF  re you guys doing????

With you guys inability to keep people alive in public you will kill every one of you based on past experience, when "restrictions fade away"

You asked about where I got numbers - The very same Worldometer every scientist in the world uses Look for yourself https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/">https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

fyi - As to economy, the country's economy was the best it has ever been  (I know, I know, it hurts to say it.) .. but you know it. If your little group of wimps couldn't ride the same wave all other states rode, something is very wrong with you inferiors in at least 2 ways we now know of   in Connecticut .. How other many ways I don't want to think about
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Lock downs are a temporary reprieve and that's all..

As soon as they end numbers go back up as we see in Canada and Europe..

The only way to stop the spread is with a vaccine.

cc

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=381929 time=1600434504 user_id=3254
Lock downs are a temporary reprieve and that's all..

As soon as they end numbers go back up as we see in Canada and Europe..

The only way to stop the spread is with a vaccine.

Bingo

cc

Quote from: Thiel post_id=381604 time=1600372403 user_id=1688

fyi-

As a business owner with export sales to the US, I never did better than where I was just before the China virus went global.

All shutdowns followed by openings do is to delay the inevitable

I'll be watching Poof's insignificant little sanctimonious  pretend state.. the baby state with the highest death rate per million & per infection

it's added to my daily spreadsheet now ..  and I'll keep him notified of his people's progress  as "restrictions quickly fade away"

What are good friends for, eh? :wink:

Anonymous

QuoteAll shutdowns followed by openings do is to delay the inevitable

Precisrly.

BEnzo

fyi-

I don't really have to 'say' anything. Facts speak for themselves:

https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker">https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Data-Tracker

We peaked in April, went down, and stabilized ever since.

All achieved by lockdowns and protocols.

Hardly temporary.

Doesn't mean we won't have a second wave, but it won't be severe most likely.

And many of us aren't living like hermits, either. I've been on vacation locally this summer, beaches, restaurants, sports bars, shopping, etc.

I wear my stupid mask. Wash my hands. I hardly use sanitizer. Sometimes if I have too. Washing hands for 20 seconds is good enough.

In New England we kicked the shit out of Covid. The rest of America should take note.

Peace-

Anonymous

^That's what Europeans thought too, and now they are right back to where they were in April. Community transmission happens so fast and spreads faster.

Lock downs are a delay of the inevitable and that is all. Your state is not an island with a moat around it.

cc

We did exactly the same. Locked down and had extremely low numbers (a "Duh") .. delaying the inevitable

Now we are opening the numbers are taking off like a rocket (another "Duh")

Good luck with your delayed opening up  .. I'll keep you posted on numbers from a "real" database.. one cannot believe any blue state's number sheets .. especially such a minuscule area that likes to call itself a state

caskur

Benzo is correct, lockdowns work. We went fast and very hard. Our boarder is locked still.  We now can do anything we want and travel inside our border bearing in mind our state is the size of 5 Texas states. Our economy is growing and we are not in a recession unlike the eastern side of Australia. IF our mines were affected by covid-19, then Australia would completely collapse.

Our Premier, Labor, Mark McGowan should be ruler of the world. He was a former Royal Australian Naval Officer who has heroically protected us all.

And young people have had Covid-19 more than once so the immunity theory is bullshit... hths
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: caskur post_id=381949 time=1600443159 user_id=2156
Benzo is correct, lockdowns work. We went fast and very hard. Our boarder is locked still.  We now can do anything we want and travel inside our border bearing in mind our state is the size of 5 Texas states. Our economy is growing and we are not in a recession unlike the eastern side of Australia. IF our mines were affected by covid-19, then Australia would completely collapse.

Our Premier, Labor, Mark McGowan should be ruler of the world. He was a former Royal Australian Naval Officer who has heroically protected us all.

And young people have had Covid-19 more than once so the immunity theory is bullshit... hths

BEnzo is incorrect. He doesn't understand science. Forcing people apart delays the inevitable. Most of the world has had lock downs, including Victoria and infections continue to rise. It is not a cure or even a real solution. What is has caused is excess deaths not related to COVID across the Western world and mass starvation in the developing world.

The only thing that works is immunity. You can try to achieve that the way India is doing through herd immunity(which I think is extremely dangerous) or a vaccine. As whole sectors of the global economy(tourism for example) are still shut down, we know lock downs neither work nor are they anything other than a delay of the inevitable. The world will only be reopened entirely when there is immunity. Lock downs are not immunity.

caskur

All contagious diseases have disappeared under lockdown, and some those diseases killed people .  Regular flus and colds cost the community billions. Crime went down, car accident went down.

The wretched ccp went full lockdown because they knew it worked but really everyone should have followed the Taiwanese and worn masks right from the start.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I don't think Taiwan has any active cases of COVID at the moment...and they've done it without lock downs..

Taiwan has used technology, strict border controls and quarantines of people coming to the country as opposed to oppressive lock downs..

And although Taiwan has much better numbers than Western countries that have used strict lock downs, they know it's only a band aid..

Taiwanese can't travel, Taiwanese commerce, trade, and international education is negatively impacted..

Only when there is a vaccine will those sectors come back..

Still, I prefer the Taiwanese response to these devastating lock downs.

caskur

Also Covid-19 causes liver, kidney, lung and brain damage which is going to cause Major and very expensive health problems down the track.

We can't have a sick workforce.... you know, the guys that have to go out in all weathers to dig ditches and fix power lines. You mlght be able to push your pen around your desk but try fixing the plumbing when the plumber can't get to you because he is sick.

Victoria failed their hotel quarantine by using private contractors who failed in their jobs to the point of even having sex with the quarantined and so the catchy virus spread out into the community. Another right-wing notion that privitization of government services were going to save the world and failed to deliver.
- Andy Warhol